How do you clean a semi-auto dealextreme E-cigar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricD

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2008
chicago, IL
Hey guys and gals--- I just got my semi-auto cigar from dealextreme last week.... well... monday. I was pretty happy with it until i found out the battery charger works on a 20 hour charge for 3 hours. But, anyway, I wanted to know how to clean the e-cigar. Seems like i cant get any airflow going on. It is much less than at first. I tried the method with the glass and napkin and leaving it vertical overnight. Nothing happened. I dunno, should i try washing it with warm water? It uses a AAA battery that is housed in the shell and i don't want to mess up the internal wiring by getting it wet. What do you guys think? Should I just return it instead? If you have experience with these and know how to clean em, let me know please. Thanks :geek:

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Eric: I've got the Health automatic e-cigar from DealExtreme and I've never cleaned it in three months of use. I have stood it on end and had crud run out, but don't even do that regularly. Every once in awhile, I'll take off the mouthpiece/cartridge and blow from the battery end. Clouds pour out. But don't keep it up or you'll burn up the vaporizer.

You may well have a faulty unit from the sound of it.

Very surprised also by your battery statement. I usually keep a battery on charge while I'm using the other. I swap out at least once a day. But I've surely never had to charge 20 hours and a charged battery lasts all day, most times.

EricD

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2008
chicago, IL
yeah, i'm thinking my problem is because i dripped and didn't get a chance to finish off the liquid before my batteries died. But probably a faulty unit too. I got nothing with the vertical trick or blowing. I'm about to break out some drill bits. Just kidding. I have an njoy charger coming my way so, that should help my battery problem. The batteries should be fine its just the charger that sucks. Dealextreme offered to replace my unit. I'm going to wait until i get the charger and see what happens after using with a full battery for a couple of days. Maybe that will burn off excess fluid if that's the problem. If not, then i'll send it back and get a new one. Now i'm about a click away from getting an njoy, but i'm not that fond of going through njoy to get cartridge refills. I like the cartridges; they seem to do plenty of smoke. But njoy doesn't do 24 mg refills. N-e-way, thanks for the reply TB, hopefully this charger solves the problem. I know my unit can produce good results since my initial test with it was amazing. Lots of vapor... i mean lots and not much inhalation necessary either. All in all, i'm glad i went with what you suggested, i just need the battery problem solved and the clogged feeling solved. I don't want to be forced to run warm water through it. Perhaps I can just soak the atomizer portion and see what happens. Does your cigar have a reset button. It looks like mine does, but my batteries are dead so i can't really try it out.

EricD

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2008
chicago, IL
Hey Tropical Bob-- Do you think that if I run some warm water through it I will damage the battery circuitry or the atomizer? If yes, what if I just put it in a partially filled glass of warm water so that the battery part isn't, but just the atomizer is in the water? Let it sit for a few hours and then let it dry out over night. D'you think i would damage it? Suppose if I did I could always exchange it and say it "just stopped working, I dunno why." What do you think?

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I really didn't know how to answer, since I've never done that. I mean, we wouldn't wash a watch that was running a little slow! But I washed the Health cigarette once and it helped. So I went ahead and washed the e-cigar under warm running water. It was quite gooky, with liquid even in the battery compartment. It's drying now and we'll see how it works.

EricD

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2008
chicago, IL
Sweet jesus TB your a brave soul. Ok... I'll give it a go. I suppose yours might've been riskier since you have an airflow sensor in there as well. But considering the whole premise is liquid nicotine, the device should be reasonably waterproof. Hope i don't jack up my button. Wish me luck. I'll post back and let you know how it goes. I may wait to see if a fresh well-charged battery fixes the problem; but, I probably won't be able to resist. :mrgreen:

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I did bring in five Buddhist monks to pray over the procedure. And waited for a particular celestial alignment. Chanting a Wiccan omen probably helped the successful outcome, too.

Good luck. Make sure you dry it quickly and thoroughly before you smoke it again. I didn't want to "air dry" it ovenight, so I used the wife's hair dryer!

EricD

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2008
chicago, IL
so, i did the procedure and ran warm/hot, but not too hot to the touch, water through it from the battery end to the mouthpiece end. Quickly, the battery end filled up with water and overflowed... hmm... ok... so i decided to just fill and blow the water through. No easy running of water through my piece. Anyway, I kept at it for about 5-10 minutes... fill a little and gentle blow it out the other end lol. Eventually, i got bored so I dried the outside, blew out whatever water I could and let it sit vertically in a cup with napkin in bottom overnight. The next morning, I popped in a battery and tried it out. Seemed more clogged. So, failure for me in that respect. Perhaps just a water bath would be better. Let it sit in some water for a few hours. And yeah, my button cover started to come undone too, but thats no biggie, still sits firmly enough. So, i dunno. I'll wait and see if new charger will make a difference. If not, I'll send it back and get a replacement.. (mmm new set of cartridges). Well, i popped in a new cartridge this afternoon... like an hour ago... and i got plenty of smoke, but still not much airflow. I'm not sure how i feel about it. I have an njoy that will arrive tomorrow and i will compare the airflow to see if its even worth sending the e-cigar back. Perhaps, Ill send it back and get a different piece (probably what i'll do) and either keep or sell the replacement. Thanks for being brave and say high to the monks for me. It's been a while since me and those fellers had a brewski.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread