The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How do you dilute a high nic liquid ??

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by JoAnna1010, Jul 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JoAnna1010

JoAnna1010 Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 15, 2009
    Knoxville TN, USA
    Today,, I received the bottles of 24 mg strength eliquid.
    I had ordered the stronger just to give it a try. Have been using the 8 mg low and 11-16 mg medium for about 6 weeks.

Now, I'm about to decide that I don't need this "higher octane" nicotine.
    Soooo how would I go about diluting it so it is a medium or low eliquid?

And, once I dilute it, How do I figure out what the strength of it is at that point.

Thanks for your help

2. QueenInNC

QueenInNC Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 21, 2009
    Charlotte, NC USA
    You can cut it 50/50 (to make 12mg) with PG or VG. OR, I cut my higher liquid with a 0mg liquid of the same flavor. That is a little more costly, but you don't lose flavor that way. You could also lower it a little by using your 8mg liquid. 8mg+8mg+24mg=40mg/3=13(ish)mg. I think I did that right. lol So 1/3 of each. Someone PLEASE correct me if I am wrong!! It is VERY possible!

3. Jim Davis

Jim Davis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I like the unflavored, so a flavoring problem doesn't exist with me.

I vape 18mg.
    I cut my 24mg roughly 66% juice with 33% VG.
    I cut my 36mg 50 / 50 with VG.
    I cut my 48mg 33% juice and 66% VG.

Easy, and it works for me.

Cheers;
    jd

4. sattec

sattec Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 4, 2009
    mcallen texas
    I just cut my 24 mg marlboro! I used 60% juice, 30% vg, and 10% distilled water....I love it! I just guessed by what I read here and vola....Plenty of vape right away and just right "feel" on my throat .....it just get better!

5. Niniane

Niniane Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Louisiana
    I just mix 50% 24mg juice with 50% glycerine (I use Wilton's from the baking aisle) and a bit vodka or distilled water to thin it out a little to make 12mg juice. If you wanted to make 8mg from 24mg, you'd use 1/3 juice 2/3 glycerine. Some people find diluting the strength makes their flavors weaker than they like, so they add additional flavorings (see the DiY liquids sections for tons of posts on all this stuff). The video here gives a nice walkthrough

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/7253-how-mix-vg-juice-vid.html

and someone made a whole spreadsheet thingie here

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/5712-hack-o-matic-e-liquid-calculator.html

6. sattec

Jul 4, 2009
    mcallen texas
    that is good plan, I just used the same cut (almost) on my 24mg...sweet! I need a bottle of vodka now...that sounds even better, vodka instead of water

edit...I really like this new cut juice....24mg was too strong for me and I didn't realize it!!

7. Jim Davis

I found that 18mg is my happy place, and I get a good hit too. I picked up a needleless syringe from Walgreens for mixing. It holds 10ml, so on a 30ml bottle, it's easy to measure.

8. Lalesa

Lalesa Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2009
    Los Angeles County, Ca

GREAT IDEA!:thumb: I really should have thought of that all by myself! :oops:

9. Jim Davis

I only use VG to cut my juice. It's thick, but it vapes well. My attys last for months, so I'm not going to mess with my mixture.

10. sattec

Jul 4, 2009
    mcallen texas
    well well well....wife knew where she kept a full, new pint of vanilla vodka! I feel sorry for my charger, batts and attys tonight! :D...I'll be vaping heavy tonight....:D

11. SteelVapor

SteelVapor Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2009
    Jupiter, FL.
    Probably a dumb question but I must ask. I bought CVS Pure Glycerin USP, 99.5% Glycerin Anhydrous. Purpose, skin protectant. Is this the right stuff?
    I'm pretty sure; however, before I go cutting my 36mg I wanted to make sure.

12. sattec

Jul 4, 2009
    mcallen texas
    yes yes yes...get ready for a big surprise....it's true, mixing your own stuff is great! I love my new mix, next time no water, just vodka...mmm, mmm, good!....

13. SteelVapor

SteelVapor Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2009
    Jupiter, FL.
    Sattec, for sure you are right. I have been marinating a Cuban Cohiba cigar for two weeks in 1tbsp purified water, 1tbsp vodka and topped with glycerin in a 2oz jar. I just took the mixture and strained it with a coffee filter, added a little more glycerin. I took 10ml of the mixture, 10 ml 24mg rum juice and 10ml of 36mg pipe flavor juice and OMG, what an incredible flavor, vapor and feel of relaxation. I hope that I can keep recreating this flavor because it's better than anything I have ever tasted so far. :D:D:D

14. JoAnna1010

JoAnna1010 Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 15, 2009
    Knoxville TN, USA
    Could you just clarify for me what is PV and VG and where I can purchase some. Which one is the "normal" juice that is in ecig liquids? Is there any benefit to using either one?

I know this is in the forum somewhere but it would save me the time of hunting it down.

THanks for your help.

15. Elendil

Elendil Assclown Exterminator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 28, 2009
    IL USA
  16. DC2

DC2 Tootie Puffer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    PG is propylene glycol which I believe is glycerin made from animal products.
    VG is vegetable glycerin which is made from plant products.

The "normal" juice is PG but many places also sell VG juice as well.

As far as benefits go, this is what I have gathered from reading things here and there, and hopefully someone will correct me if wrong or provide different opinions...

1) VG is thicker (more viscous)
    2) VG vaporizes at a lower temperature
    3) VG produces better vapor
    4) VG is somewhat sweeter

Because of the above...

1) VG does not wick quite as well
    2) VG may gunk up your atomizer more quickly
    3) VG produces a somewhat cooler vapor which may reduce throat hit

17. Joe81

Joe81 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2009
    USA
    its easy, but easier for me to get mixed up, so correct me if the below is wrong...regarding flavoring, i figure a couple to several drops depending on taste...since i hear VG kills atomizers quicker, i'll just get PG & ditch the alcohol/distilled water...

18. Kate51

Kate51 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2009
    Argyle Wi USA
    You're just the guy I want to talk to about 48mg, have you found anyplace to get it in VG? I really can't go the PG, wonder if I could handle with 66% VG mix. Would hate to try it, I just had two bottles from Drew but just sold it back. Too scary, if it didn't work out with PG it would have been wasted. Hate that!

19. iori276

iori276 Senior Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Aiken, SC
    how do all of you deal with the lower nic? im vaping 26 all day along with my wife and still wanting analogs.. :( what am i doing wrong lol im looking to buy 48 to vape straight.

20. Budweiser8Jr

Budweiser8Jr Full Member ECF Veteran

Aug 8, 2009
    Ohio
    Throw in some vodka, I had the same problem when I started with prefilled carts because the lack of a throat hit. Alot of people go higher in nic to get that hit, but you can do the same by using some vodkey in it....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.