How do you get the bottom o-ring installed in a Protank mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carrielsal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Here's a pic of the problem o-ring.

o-ring.jpg

carrielsal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Been thinking for a few, sorry.

Try taking a empty juice bottle cut the bottom off and slide the oring on it, put over metal part, slide oring off to base with toothpick or something.

Will keep thinking.

I would think I wasn't the only person with this problem. I actually tried this, but when you slide the o-ring over the lip of the tank it's too wide to go into the the metal base. I even tried using a couple toothpicks to hold one side in, then start on the other side. I just don't have enough hands.

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
I just looked at one of my Protank 2's and from the picture, that doesn't look to be the right o-ring. It should just drop into place on both the top and bottom pieces without needing to force it into place.

They're not "tight" fitting o-rings; they're just there to form a seal when the glass is pressed in by the screw that connects the base to the top of the tank.

carrielsal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
everyone...thank you for the responses. I didn't even think about the possibility of these being the wrong o-rings, since all 3 tanks came with these same replacement o-rings. I found replacement o-rings online at Sun Vaper's site. There is a note, It should be noted that the mini Protank II Version 2 has a separate top and bottom o-ring. In other words they are dissimilar. They have a picture of the o-rings.
Now when I went back and looked at the ones in my boxes, they are all the the same and appear to be top o-rings.
The bottom o-ring links like it has a groove to pull it over the lip of the glass tank.

o-ring2.jpg

Last edited:

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
From what I recall (I don't have a PT2 Mini on-hand), you should still be able to drop the o-ring in, so it would appear as if the o-ring being used in the wrong one. I wish I had one with me so I could verify this, but I gave mine away (I own way too many Protanks :)).

If you look at your top and bottom o-rings, do they look the same as the replacements that you have in the boxes? Do you have another mini that you can look at?

carrielsal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
From what I recall (I don't have a PT2 Mini on-hand), you should still be able to drop the o-ring in, so it would appear as if the o-ring being used in the wrong one. I wish I had one with me so I could verify this, but I gave mine away (I own way too many Protanks :)).

If you look at your top and bottom o-rings, do they look the same as the replacements that you have in the boxes? Do you have another mini that you can look at?

With one tank out of service, I am down to one tank (lost one). I don't have the courage to pull an o-ring out of my only working tank. I have a couple more tanks on order, so I'll see what comes in the box with those. I may also call Sun Vapers tomorrow and ask them what size the replacement o-rings are they sell. It would be interesting to know if they are the same size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread