How do you handle those people who....

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Thank you for your opinion," delivered in that tone of voice that's really saying, "I don't use that kind of language, but you know exactly what I mean."

It's the same statement and tone I use for smokers who approach me and tell me (while puffing on a cigarette) "I've heard bad things about those."

In the B&M where I work, I see this pretty often, usually accompanying a friend or adult child. "Well I quit cold turkey, I don't know why you can't too."

I usually tell them, "Man I love cold turkey, especially the day after Thanksgiving. I could never quit it."

Mmmm. Cold turkey. Why can't I quit you?

Schwiggiddy

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Kentucky, USA
In all seriousness, explain to them the benefits of nicotine use and compare it to caffeine. Explain that the really bad stuff comes not from tobacco, but from the things added to the tobacco by the manufacturers, as well as from the process of combustion (explain vaporization vs. combustion if you must as well). Unless they don't really want an answer but are just trying to assert their superiority. At which point I'd revert back to love of turkey sammiches.

Grimmda

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2014
Kc
I would give them the same response as I did to anyone who asked me why I smoked - because I enjoy it.

I loved smoking and now I thoroughly enjoy vaping. :2cool:

This was my thought as well. I would rather be doing this now instead of smoking. I like the social aspect with friends I only talk to at work while we are outside vaping. And with 3 kids I like to get outside still and step away from life for some personal moments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

UnclePsyko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
PJNY
Them... "I quit smoking cold turkey!..."

Me... "I never smoked cold turkey, how the hell did you keep it lit?!?"
Usually followed quickly before they have a chance to answer by...
"So what do you smoke now?... Ham?"

They usually whisper some half-wit comment under their breath as they walk away... if they have anything to say at all.

BTW... I just happen to look eerily similar to the guy in my avatar so they usually leave it at that.

Last edited:

Hypatia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Titletown, USA
Hmm, I guess I'm fortunate to have not run into this type of person. I don't associate with jerks, and I certainly do not look like the type of person that appreciates unsolicited opinions, lol. But, should some unsuspecting ding dong wish to share their stupidity, I'd probably just respond in an over the top, excited, yet snarky way: "OMGGGGG! Me, TOO!!! I haven't had a single cigarette since the day I started this! It's SOOO awesome and tasty! Praise G-d, I've been delivered from my demons!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread