How do you hold your PV? Horizontal or up and down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
Pretty silly, but today at 3 weeks into this, I just wondered...maybe I've been doing this wrong. Do you hold your PV horizontal like a cigarette? Or down like a straw and a drink?

I think by habit I've just been holding mine like I would a cigarette, straight out from my mouth. But in the vape shop yesterday, I noticed lots of folks seemed to hold theirs downward.

Does either way make a difference in the efficiency or effect?

An inquiring mind wants to know.:)

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Pretty silly
No, it's not silly, and I believe the "right" way depends on what kind of topper you have. IMO, those with the coil at the bottom should be kept vertical enough to keep ports to the fire-chambers covered in with juice. Almost all of these have two ports and uncovering one of the ports risks flooding the fire chamber via the other port. Those with the coil at the top tend to benefit from being held more horizontally (particularly when they are not completely full) as this helps juice get to the coil(s).

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
No, it's not silly, and I believe the "right" way depends on what kind of topper you have. IMO, those with the coil at the bottom should be kept vertical enough to keep ports to the fire-chambers covered in with juice. Almost all of these have two ports and uncovering one of the ports risks flooding the fire chamber via the other port. Those with the coil at the top tend to benefit from being held more horizontally (particularly when they are not completely full) as this helps juice get to the coil(s).

Good points! My "toppers" are all bottom coils, so I should really be holding my PV kind of downward, to keep the coils covered with juice.

I'll need to work on this. After 40 plus years of smoking, my tendency is to hold it horizontal like a cigarette. But I've managed to learn to put the PV in my pocket, which I never did with a lit cigarette! Ha! It still feels "wrong" but I'm doing it.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS

What he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread