How do you hold your triton batt with tank attatched ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian_Clouser

Aug 21, 2013
Chicago
I think the triton system is awesome. But I have felt that when taking a drag with a triton tank it always felt kinda airy.

When I take a drag the button is always pushed by my thumb . I don't know why, I just do it.

I found that when I screw a tank on if I line the holes on the tank with the button I can cover one of the holes with my index finger. Problem solved. Feels like your taking a drag of a real cig and not airy.

Anyone else cover one of the holes?

Brian

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Seapup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia, USA
Really?

I'd add a couple of drops of water, to a tank full of VG, and I'd bet it makes a difference.

I add 4-5 drops of water to my 100% VG every two days on the Triton tanks that I use at work. I top them off with juice and a few drops of water when they get to the halfway point. I never noticed a difference.
shrug.GIF
The only thing that seems to change the draw (other than blocking one of the two holes) is how tight I screw the tip down. I assume this is because screwing it down tighter smashes the flavor wick down flat on top of the coil blocking the airway through the tube. Going to grab a fresh coil assembly and do a few "experiments"...

phxwench

Sep 1, 2013
USA
I think the triton system is awesome. But I have felt that when taking a drag with a triton tank it always felt kinda airy.

When I take a drag the button is always pushed by my thumb . I don't know why, I just do it.

I found that when I screw a tank on if I line the holes on the tank with the button I can cover one of the holes with my index finger. Problem solved. Feels like your taking a drag of a real cig and not airy.

Anyone else cover one of the holes?

Brian

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

I use the exact same method, works great. :D

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk 2

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
...The only thing that seems to change the draw (other than blocking one of the two holes) is how tight I screw the tip down. I assume this is because screwing it down tighter smashes the flavor wick down flat on top of the coil blocking the airway through the tube. Going to grab a fresh coil assembly and do a few "experiments"...
I had to look at my tank to figure this out.

The plastic sleeve over the coil assembly doesn't move easily, and it's made of soft plastic. I don't see how tightening the tip would do anything to that sleeve.

But anyways.

On adding water to VG: it shouldn't affect the taste, but it should reduce the viscosity, allowing the VG to wick better. It doesn't make it vaporize any faster/better though, maybe that's why you don't notice a difference?

I'm learning to do a dry burn on my dirty coils, after cleaning; seems to work well at cleaning off gunk. I haven't tried my PGA for cleaning coils or wicks yet. I still don't have a solution for preparing my ekowool.

I need a good cam to share this.

Are we off topic yet? :p

Seapup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia, USA
Off topic? Yep... :D

After vaping 1ml from a full Triton tank, top off, vape 1ml... the juice will have worked its way underneath the silicone sleeve (most likely from vacuum and coil heat from my powervaping) making the sleeve very easy to move or remove. If the driptip isn't tightened down sufficiently, the flavor wick is so loose, the draw gets "airy" and excess juice works its way up to the driptip through the tube. This happens to me on both the long threaded tanks and the new short threaded tanks. I just screw the tip down tight and have no problems, so I'm definitely not complaining here. I do love this system. :vapor: The center of the underside of the driptip puts pressure on the silicone sleeve which puts pressure on the top wick (flavor wick). When you adjust that pressure, you're also adjusting the "airiness" of the draw. Take a new coil assembly, put one finger on the bottom end plugging the hole, suck on the top end while playing with the silicone sleeve height and you'll see what I mean about varying draw.

The reason I thin my caramelized, overly thick VG when topping off is, as you pointed out, to get it to wick better. It really does wick "faster" when thinned slightly, but this has nothing to do with easy or hard draw. I do this because with really dark, thick VG, I powervape faster than the system can wick, risking a burned bottom wick. And yes, I really do enjoy the taste of my cooked and caramelized, overly thick VG, especially JC Tennessee Cured. :D My easiest solution to this is to have 4-6 complete Triton setups at my disposal. Powervape the 1st and when it gets hot, put it down and go to the next, and so on.

I also remove the flavor wick (so I can see the coil) and dry burn after cleaning. I haven't tried an alternative wick material as I'm satisfied with the Halo material, whatever it's made of... it cleans up easily. I haven't used anything other than hot water for cleaning.

Last edited:

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
... And yes, I really do enjoy the taste of my cooked and caramelized, overly thick VG, especially JC Tennessee Cured. :D My easiest solution to this is to have 4-6 complete Triton setups at my disposal. Powervape the 1st and when it gets hot, put it down and go to the next, and so on.

I also remove the flavor wick (so I can see the coil) and dry burn after cleaning. I haven't tried an alternative wick material as I'm satisfied with the Halo material, whatever it's made of... it cleans up easily. I haven't used anything other than hot water for cleaning.
Interesting. I suspected that with higher temps, the sleeve might be more willing to budge; I'll have to try that. I also read (prob here on ECF) that removing a couple of strands from the flavor wick, can lead to more consistent vapes.

The wick is simple silica, 2mm. I ordered both silica and ekowool. I'm still amazed at the high temperature resistance; I can watch the coil turn red, and any residue literally just burns off (takes 5 to 8 seconds), leaving a clean white wick (I dry burn the coil while disassembled). It leaves an ash that blows right off, but still needs cleaning, as it leaves a burnt taste.

I was just thinking about rotating through tanks too (I have 6): I also have chain vaping moments that push the temperature way up. I believe this is how my first tip came apart.

I also clean with hot water, but Southern Classic leaves a stain. I just re-ordered Voodoo, which is a heavy gunker, so I'm hoping that this 151 proof PGA is going to do a better job.

I also hear good things about JC Tennessee cured; I'll have to put it on my list to try. I'm down to 6 mg/mL, and I find it a challenge ordering low nic samples from JC.

I have a bottle of VG handy; I seem to be developing a sensitivity to PG, when it's higher than 70%. HHV's "Dragon's Fire" was a choker.

Never bored with Halo gear :D I'm just happy with the Triton, and glad that trying a dozen different tank systems wasn't an immediate option, or I would have spent at least another $200 on them, just to find out I had it right, the first time around. The T2 is IMO the most under-rated clearomizer.

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx
This is my purple Triton with my new raven nest tank from Vapor Beast for $10.99, underneath the long cone are three adapters...a 510 ego to 801, then two 510 shorties with holes stacked on top. It looks weird, but it works for me!

View attachment 259455

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk 2

so...what? you vape while that thing signals out to ships lost at sea? I think I've heard an old maritime ditty about a tower like that, back in the days of sirens and scyllans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread