How do you keep all your cartos/flavors organized?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodrell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
Michigan
I'm still experimenting...I have 18 different juices and am planning another order (or two, or three, heh) and have yet to find an efficient way to keep all my cartos and flavors in line with each other. So far all I've bought is BOGE cartos and Resurrectors. Haven't tried drip tips yet but that's on the list.

What I started doing was using a permanent marker to label the Resurrectors with the flavor I put in them, but the BOGES are black and shorter so it's hard to do that...maybe a metallic marker but this seems clumsy. Some I can tell by sniffing or a quick taste-test but I can't discriminate all of them very accurately. So at this point I have ended up inadvertently mixing flavors (eg BWB Caramel Candy + Espresso utterly rocks).

I see people saying they have dozens of different juices going - if you have some sort of system I'd love to hear it!

Forkeh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
California
Well I usually get on juice kicks, where I'll vape only a certain juice for a while. My method for not mixing flavors is that I don't use cartos :p. I drip a lot, and I mean a lot. It's really easy to clean an atty. I also like Clearomizers. A big benefit you get with these is that they are clear, and you can pretty much see what juice is in them. They're not that hard to clean either. Powerflush + dry burn and you're good for whatever you want to put in it next.

bodrell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
Michigan
On identical cartos, I try to keep different color or style drip-tips on the ones I'm rotating regularly to keep them straight. For a bit I was busting out the Dyno label printer on tiny font but that seemed a bit OCD. :p

LOL! I thought I was being really silly trying to figure out codes and abbreviations with a magic marker. You were sillier than me. :D

Forkeh - attys and drip tips are going to be included in my next order. :)

mechanus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2012
Costa Rica
www.mechanus.org
Easiest way I've found is to buy a bunch of different colored carto caps. SI has a 5 set for cheap - 10 different colors, so it helps. I tried using colored stickers (like the ones you use to mark a passage in a text book), but they didn't stick well, get in the way of putting the condoms back on the carto so they don't dry out, and would be a huge distraction (yeah, seeing a little red/green/blue/yellow square out of the corner of my eye was really annoying).

Snus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Massachusetts
I've been trying to figure this out myself.... I have a ton a flavors and a bunch of cartos going all at the same time. Sometimes, I accidentally mix them up, sometimes on purpose to see what they taste like when mixed.
I did have a better idea than what I have been doing though. I had been using a magic marker to write on the condoms. It rubber off though, a pen may work better. But, I was still getting them mixed up, especially when trying to fill them up right before I went to sleep. I'm a real night owl, so I am usually really tired by that time and easily mess things up.

Soooo, my latest idea involves taking a rubber band and attaching the carto to the bottle. As long as I can keep them together, I'm hoping to have less mix-ups. Of course, that would also involve a larger container to store them in, which I need to find anyway....

Good Luck!

ian74

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I posted this is a similar thread yesterday:

I label them. I tried one of those sharpies that write in silver, but that rubs off within a few hours, now I just use labels. I bought these at cvs Buy Avery Labels File Folder Permanent 2-3/4 X 5/8-Inch online at CVS.com

When I open a new carto, I cut a small strip off the label (the short side) and write on it with a pen/black sharpie. Just a few letters so remember what it is (i.e VL for vanilla love). I stick it to the middle of the carto, so when the booties are on it, they mostly cover it.

Also, another thing that helps me, is I bought those rubber bands for your hair (or a girls hair) and use those to rubber band the carto to the bottle of juice I filled it from. So, I have all of my bottles, there's a carto rubber banded to each one, and they're all labelled.

So when I leave in the morning, I spot the bottles I want, take the cartos off them, and throw them in my pocket and go. Come home, top them off, and re-stick them with their bottle.

AmericanPirate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
New Mexico
Small rubber bands to id the cardos when away from the bottles and i use a color coded rubber band system to id what flavors i love, like, "omg im out of jucie flavors", and I hate and wont vape even if i'm out and need to give away in case someone else likes them. I do this because Sometimes when i open my box i don't know whaqt i want to vape so I just grab one of my faf. vapes and go.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
tiny pieces of paper with scotch tape.

i also use different drip tips for different flavors to double up on the labeling.

and on top of that, i buy black, white, stainless, and clear cartos to increase diversity. i wish resurrectors/rejuvenators came in even more colors. however, i noticed that the white ones can soak up the ink of a sharpie so they dont rub off at all :)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
pt70-d.jpg
Cartos are good for a week at most and then get tossed. The Brother label machine is a good one for creating labels. You can make several of each at a time and the tape is thin enough not to interfere with installing the condom over it, especially if you wrap it all the way around the carto and overlap to make a band. The tape comes in colors.

About $20 most places.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread