The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How do you keep track of your cartos?

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by MollieA, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MollieA

MollieA Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2011
    Santa Monica
    Hi all,

I've been labelling my cartos with the various flavors I have going... been using avery labels, but having to put scotch tape over them so that they'll stick. Do any of you have any cunning tricks on how you keep track of your various flavors in cartos? I have the Provape1 and use the 510s. Hard to write on directly because the cartos are black.

2. ScottinSoCal

ScottinSoCal Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2010
    ProVari Nirvana
    I've got a dymo label machine, and they sell a super-strong adhesive label that I've used. However a few days ago I went to the store and found some containers that let me store a juice bottle and a carto in a compartment just exactly the right size for them. I've abandoned labeling them, and just carry a couple of those in my backpack. Each compartment has one bottle of juice and one carto that matches it. I carry a dozen flavors that way, so if I get bored with one, I can switch it up.

3. tj99959

tj99959 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Those little trays that the pansies came in, I knew there was a reason that I kept some.

[​IMG]

Each carto along with it's bottle of juice gets it's very own home.

4. bmwjen

bmwjen Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2011
    worldwide
    I don't use them..........& if I do they are prefilled menthol. Otherwise I guess I use some slotted ones in my j-tanks.

5. baronvoncardo

baronvoncardo Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 31, 2011
    SE Wisconsin
    I use my expert sniffer! Seriously, I have an ugly pile of them on my coffee table. I find one that smells most like the juice I want to fill it with. It's not pretty. I could use some tips myself.

Great post!

6. dragonlover

dragonlover Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2011
    chicopee ma
    i bought a bag of those really small rubber band hair ties at the dollar store and i just rubber band the carto to the bottle of juice

7. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2011
    SoCal
    A lot of people color code them by putting diff color/types of drip tips in the ends of the cartos so they know which juice goes in which one.

8. Tina326

Tina326 Full Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Oklahoma
    I use the tiny multi colored Avery dots that are sold with office supplies. A matching color on the carto & one on the bottle. Sometimes I draw a shape with a fine tip sharpie if I've gone crazy with flavor orders and run out of colors. I just go by my drip tip on my everyday flavors.

9. vanttila

vanttila Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Helsinki, Finland
    I just put a rubber band on every bottle I have. Every time i'm done with one flavour, i bind the carto together with the bottle of the juice i was vaping. This way i know which carto belongs to which flavour.

10. zerominusone

zerominusone Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2011
    in your house
    I tried keeping up with 'em when I first started but couldn't ever find anything that worked, so now, just like banvoncardo said, I've got a pile of 'em on my coffee table and just sniff 'em till I find one I want. I really only use three or four flavors so I'm gonna cut a square piece of wood about an inch thick and drill about 5 or 6 holes in it (1/2" deep) and I'll be able to keep the cartos I want in it and my PV and a spare battery; and that'll look a LOT better than a billion cartos in a piles on my coffee tables.

11. cleolove

cleolove Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 9, 2011
    ♥ Minnesota ♥
    I've tried dots, rubber bands, different colored caps, laminated labels, regular labels, but the best way I've found is using a Silver Sharpie. (I use red on white cartos) Amazon carries them, search for "Sharpie Metallic Fine Point Permanent Markers"

Even though they are permanent, they come off with a alcohol wipe!

12. antroh

antroh Full Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Kentucky
    I used one of my old artschool razors and carved a small letter in my carto. Just enough to scratch through the surface of the sticker. "W" for waffle, "V" for vanilla and so on.

13. LeslieM

LeslieM Full Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Doniphan, MO
    Great question Mollie. I have written on the carto with a permanent Sharpie. It does wear off. Actually I use my nose as well. However, some great ideas on this post. Thanks everyone.

14. Bozzlite

Bozzlite Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 31, 2010
    Central Texas
    I put the condom back on the carto and mark the top of the condom with a black fine point Sharpie. That works well if you don't have a huge multitude of different flavors.

Just put a couple of initials on the condom representing the flavor. PC for Purecig, AS for American Spirit, 5 for 555, etc.

I mark the bottom of my 4 Egos with the corresponding initials so I can keep them straight while they are on the 2 chargers I use.

15. Roach

Roach Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 25, 2011
    Hayward, WI
    I tried marking cartos but then got too lazy. Now I just vape whatever is fullest.

16. MollieA

MollieA Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2011
    Santa Monica
    Thanks for all the advice.

I wish they would make the cartos with a white bit to it for labelling, but I decided to just use small strips of Avery labels and put scotch tape over them so the writing won't wear off. I do the same for my little vials of my custom mixes when I DIY.

17. riverwhiskey

riverwhiskey Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2011
    Lohman Missouri
    I label my cartomizers for what Ohm they are. I find that as a bigger problem. I use different colored paint pens from the hobby store(hobby lobby). I did label my blackberry carto's since i definitely didn't want to mix those.

18. Natalia

Natalia Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 27, 2010
    California
    I use Flavor Bands. Much thicker than rubber bands and fit snugly. LINK

19. candylady

candylady Full Member

Jul 6, 2011
    washington
    Just a thought - I bet nail polish would work to write on the side of the carto... Gonna try it. I have 5 cartos I filled yesterday and I am really not sure what is in a couple of them now. Should have thought of this yesterday!

20. Roach

Roach Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 25, 2011
    Hayward, WI
    Some people (women) decorate their batteries with fingernail stickers. You could probably use those with your nail polish as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.