How do you like your 601?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirt2suck

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Ephrata PA USA
I like mine alot. Tons of vapor, super long battery life (one charge lasts days) and nice throat hit. Negatives are that I have to top off very often, and that it uses a lot of e-liquid.

Topping Off, does that mean you go thru more liquid than a cig?
Or does a topoff 10 drops last and hour?

topping off a cig cart for me is 3-6 drops and lasts maybe 1/2 to 1 hr

Dirt

Had mine about a month and really liked it. Great hit and vapor then it started to slide. Carts didn't seem to work well, so I started dripping. Worked like a charm for dripping, then the bowl started to crack down the front side, still great for dripping, then the ring that holds the LED cover came unglued, still dripped like a steam engine, then the att failed, cleaned it, revived it for one last day of great vapor, then the att went completly cold and I layed it to rest in an old desk drawer.
The end PS Batt life was great (3-4 hrs) and I vape heavy.

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
Had mine about a month and really liked it. Great hit and vapor then it started to slide. Carts didn't seem to work well, so I started dripping. Worked like a charm for dripping, then the bowl started to crack down the front side, still great for dripping, then the ring that holds the LED cover came unglued, still dripped like a steam engine, then the att failed, cleaned it, revived it for one last day of great vapor, then the att went completly cold and I layed it to rest in an old desk drawer.
The end PS Batt life was great (3-4 hrs) and I vape heavy.

great to hear that you did enjoy it...

sad to hear how it ended

dibbyb

Apr 14, 2009
Syracuse, NY
I had some difficulty at first. Evidently all carts for the pipe are not equal. The first one seemed to flood the vaporizer, I had to constantly use the manual shorting pin (in the battery compartment) to burn off excess fluid. Finally the third cartridge seemed to work well. When it ran out (after about three days of pretty heavy use) I refilled it with juice. It takes a lot to fill it. I tried filling one of the other cartridges after squeezing out the fluid in it and dripping that into my e-cig. Did not want to work well, flooding again I think.
So I went to the "good" cart. That worked well for a while then seemed to be getting low. I dripped about 20 or 30 drips into it until I could see that the pad was not going to accept any more. Been working well since then. I'm using the e-Puffer 555 juice with 24mg nic, it seems to give a better throat hit than the Johnson Creek Peach 24mg. The peach is nice when your throat starts to get raw from the 555.
My usual method of puffing is to draw one or two short puffs, don't inhale it, then another bigger one for the inhale. I have tried just taking one looong breath inhaling directly into my lungs without holding in the mouth first. I get a good throat hit but it irritates the back of my throat. I like to keep a water bottle handy, vapeing seems to dry the mouth and throat out quickly.
The battery seems to last forever, I've been trading the two off every couple days but a check of them with a battery tester showed neither ever got below 3.9 volts and the book says they work until they get down to 3.7 volts. After charging they test about 4.2 volts.
The pipe is actually easier to travel with than the e-cig. You don't have to bring extra batteries, carts, etc. with you. And as long as you make sure the battery is charged and the cart is full you could probably go away for the weekend and just keep the pipe in your pocket.
I haven't had anyone say anything about not smoking indoors, some people stare at me but I think a pipe doesn't hit people's hot button like a cigarette does. I showed it to one guy who was staring at it, he was impressed and said he'd like to get one to play a joke on his wife. I told him it cost $2500 :rolleyes:

gto4

ECF Veteran
I love mine, but It's not the all day smoker for me. The hits from the two I've had are very cool and smooth. My first was a knock off (looked great, but had to mess with it alot to get it going goood) the 2nd was from Eastmall and is truly a work of art. All the components are much higher quality. ie batt case is tight, contact switch is firm, mouthpiece seals well. I got 15 carts of cherry flavor with the first pipe and still have 5 or 6 left. I love that cherry flavor. (It reminds me of my Grandfather) Can't comment on the longevity of the true 601 yet, but I am very careful with it as I want it to last.

The Doc

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2009
Torrington, CT 06790
Got my DSE601 from Shawn at LiteCigUSA after having very good luck with purchasing two of the VX2-M e-cig kits + accys from him (great guy and FAST service). I've had my DSE601 for less than 24 hours, but I've already been switching between 3 carts in attempt to get some damn FLAVOR going. First I tried the LOW nic cart that came with it. Then I grabbed a blank cart & tried some of the highly acclaimed RY4 liquid from LiteCigUSA (which always tastes great in my ecigs). Then I filled a third cart (another blank) with J.C. Original Smoke Juice (reduced PG, Med). So far I've only tasted ONE FLAVOR, which I like to call "CAR RADIATOR HOSE". I suspect that the recommended 12HR "break-in battery charges" tend to make the atty run with such a high voltage that the flavor is simply LOST in the hot vaporization process? Sure the vapor level is awesome, but what good is crazy vapor IF this thing always tastes like I'm vaping off a car radiator hose? I really do hope the flavor IMPROVES! These pipes are notorious for providing 1 month of SUPER HEAVY VAPING before the atty just quits...so my advice to ANYONE who buys one would be this.....use this epipe sparingly! You don't NEED to take a big hit/drag/haul/vape to get billowing clouds of vapor...but again, I'm waiting for some damn FLAVOR to occur!!!

OH, BTW, the atty in the DSE601 looks VERY MUCH LIKE the cooling thermostat found in an automotive engine's liquid cooling system. NO WONDER it tastes just like a car radiator with all my juices! It has a miniature automotive thermostat for an atomizer!

Last edited:

The Doc

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2009
Torrington, CT 06790
Welcome aboard the DSE601 train The Doc!

Why thank you. Just say Doc. DSE601 vapor level is definitely much like a steam train.

Just pumped my DSE601 cart with J.C. REDUCED PG French Vanilla (MED) using a 3cc syringe. I am now getting a HINT of flavor. Kinda like an automotive radiator hose with a TINY BIT of French Vanilla added. If I load my VX2 carts with it, It's like I just left the candy store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread