How do you, or can you, tear down the v1.1 OmeGa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quinic

Verified Member
May 9, 2011
North Carolina
This has probably already been discussed, but I could not find it anywhere.

How do you tear down the v1.1 OmeGa switch? Part of the reason I chose the OmeGa over the Silver Bullet was that I could actually get into the mechanical switch (the other part was the vent holes on the bottom).

I'm sure it can be done, as the website mentions that it is now easier to do... but... well... the entire unit seems VERY solid.

Quinic

Verified Member
May 9, 2011
North Carolina
I've watched that video, all the way through, again, in hopes that it may contain the v1.1 OmeGa tear down... but it only contains the v1.0 tear down.

I've got one of those new fancy v1.1 OmeGa's that do not use an allen wrench to take apart. I have gathered that the tear down is similiar to that of the Alpha... but, I do not have an Alpha, nor have I seen it taken apart... so I do not how that one is done either.

I really do appreciate that you tried to answer my question, though. =)

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
Quinic,
I have not been able to gather the time to make a video for the Alpha/Omega V1.1. I will try my best to type it out here for you. Cleaning has no set schedule, but one every two weeks should be fine.

Tools needed:
5/16 deepwell socket or 6 in one screwdriver.(standard socket too large to fit)
Small flat tip screwdriver
500 grit sandpaper(or more)
Alcohol

TAKE APART
1. Remove atty, battery and battery cup
2. Turn switch assembly over (black washer facing you)
3. Using the flat blade screwdriver push upward on fire pin (just enough to clear the battery washer)
4. Using small flat tip screwdriver, pull the battery washer out. (use the hole)
5. With you finger(or screwdriver) push the fire pin completely out
6. Insert socket(or 6 in 1) onto contact barrel hex head
7. Turn anti clockwise remove contact barrel(while squeezing together head and center section)
8. Pull Head and slide(center section) slowly apart so the spring will not fly out and get lost :p
9. Sand both sides of main spring with 500 grit sand paper(also a good time to clean the battery spring)
10. Clean both spring lands with alcohol(where the spring sets in unit)
11. Clean fire pin with alcohol, DO NOT SAND!( plating will come off and cleaning will have to be done much more frequently)
12. Wash out head assembly with warm soapy water and dry off(be careful not to loose the silicone insulator in the atty connection)

To put it back together is the reverse of taking it apart, I will explain it.

1. Place head on flat surface, atty connection down.
2. Insert spring into land in head(grove that the spring just fits into)
3. Place center section on top of head be sure the spring mates to the land in the center section
4. Squeeze the head and center section together(use flat blade screwdriver to make sure sprin is centered)
5. Insert contact barrel into socket
6. Insert contact barrel into center section
7. Turn by HAND ONLY in a clockwise direction until the threads start to grab, continue turning until it is hand tight.
8. Once it is hand tight, take your ratchet and turn 1/4 turn further(it will snug up)
9. Set assembled switch onto flat surface with atty connection facing up.
10. Lubricate fire pin (PG, VG, Tech Lube will work just fine)
11. Insert fire pin into atty connector until flush with top
12. Using flat blade screwdriver, seat the fire pin. (you will feel it seat)
13. Turn switch assembly over, blow out any debris.
14. Insert battery washer, make sure it is seated flat
15. Reinstall battery cup and atomizer and you are vaping away!

Last edited:

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
Thank you so very much for the information Chad! This level of customer service is one of the many reasons I got this PV.

With these instructions, I've sucessfully taken apart, and put back together my OmeGa. Didn't exactly need to clean it though, I just got it today. =)
Good to hear! I was hoping I was clear enough :) I suck at giving instructions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread