Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
If you upload a pic to a hosting site like imgur, size wont matter
I don't think that's correct. I believe the proxy they're using still has a 5MB limit (or at least it used to). For static pictures (like a .JPG) that's rarely a problem, but it can be for high-res GIFs with a lot of frames.

Reactions: Baditude

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I used to use Photobucket, like most people, until they starting asking for a fee. Now i just upload my pictures to "Google Photos". Then if i want to post it here i just copy and paste it, simple as that.
-qLBrFCFda1mxzwm_HTsiey873LII94oD6Xa7LBjSLsPmu06qoFT6ShL-cicmYHAfGE-ULYP3JH8kxkIpeeMaZqFK1UDB90sQOAW3erS7DeZ5YlSRsMkx4kRU1IInOtWQVe6q-ND2AeAaUaiuCo7l-c_VRrmJ1JpsHJC-I9HtwijI3gBllu_mWohsmLGDRqfaf-Pqs69DDkSO_EtMknpMccyC2wn2u7j0wYZxpULogJAGGLeno9UPhnaJWsbCz6m7jnfhsAPQAj-9SzM1s6OmzOBy2HtKLu8FbRiz3FtyOsUuAA1b-IcdMnDsjWeC4WlnH90z2_uYTTrtvnhyWTf3X9ZVMC9RK573Nxj87vTYQ26Xg7npk3ptCc75vkJojVuaFd_5PZN7EaCxFsRwM-s5rQDiNeke2GieU6U0bx55abooZyiHSHYez05qsTb16wqDPlXqtLggIRn2gZtOSWTeabjibgJfBjow2dPQKJ3DRb-Z4yvhllCp2ceztG9EnVFu2eAkVjHcQXpOQM3QKTXWBW1kHoLmT5qsqT0PSYoxckPLbDlA0Gb1f--MSz-_7VcqwPCp2lE1ZPrOHi9oEkyOCnGeEUusivElQ6-bSqbFAsSyNmRBF9c6xrf4GksEVuvD8LeXZF7R-qJsZTL2lCkzHe2ERs1mQ=w572-h407-no

Reactions: smacuser

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Is there a way to do it by browsing your computer, if not what is the best way to link them hear?
What I generally do, is if it’s a pic on the internet I just copy and paste it. If it’s a pic from, say, my phone, I will use the “camera” button in the top bar of the comment window. One first has to choose the pic in question, wait for it to load up, choose the size, and then hit “upload”

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
If you upload a pic to a hosting site like imgur, size wont matter and you click on the box above that says "image" and post the link.

I disagree with the part in bold, because many pics people post here, obviously without resizing or cropping them first, are actually a giant poster size if they were printed out. They may be forced to "fit" in the space here (compressed), but the true size they are, is really what uploads to ECF. We just see it at the compressed size, unless we click to see the real image size. For those that have limited internet, it can be a real problem. I have unlimited, but it still takes too long for them to load many times.

I mean, come on...do we really need to see someone's huge hand holding a mod that fills the whole space, or their entire living room in the background, or their kitchen counter, sink, etc....to see the new mod they bought? ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rossum

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I disagree with the part in bold, because many pics people post here, obviously without resizing or cropping them first, are actually a giant poster size if they were printed out. They may be forced to "fit" in the space here (compressed), but the true size they are, is really what uploads to ECF. We just see it at the compressed size, unless we click to see the real image size. For those that have limited internet, it can be a real problem. I have unlimited, but it still takes too long for them to load many times.

I mean, come on...do we really need to see someone's huge hand holding a mod that fills the whole space, or their entire living room in the background, or their kitchen counter, sink, etc....to see the new mod they bought? ;)

IMG_1181.JPG

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread