How do you think of the lung illness news below?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usonicig_Cecily

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2018
www.usonicig.com
Recently I read a news about vaping as below:

There are 380* cases of lung illness reported from 36 states and 1 U.S. territory. Six deaths have been reported from 6 states.
All reported cases have a history of e-cigarette product use or vaping.
Most patients have reported a history of using e-cigarette products containing THC.
Many patients have reported using THC and nicotine.
Some have reported the use of e-cigarette products containing only nicotine.

How do you think of this news?:glug:

ruet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
GR, MI
This is what I think of...

iStock_2245633_work-injury-fall-on-stairs-200x300.jpg

How Many People Have Died From Falling Down Stairs?

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
What do I Think?

I think that if I was buying Illegal THC Carts from Street Dealers that I would be Very Hesitant to tell someone in the Media I was. And would Most Likely just say I used Nicotine Only.

I also think that the Media has Crossed the Last Line when people are getting Sick, and in some cases Dying, by Not Making a Clear Distinction between the Use of Nicotine and the Use of THC when they say the word "Vaping".

Being Anti e-Cigarettes and Pro THC is Fine. But using All This as a way to Slam e-Cigarettes while Soft Pedaling THC is Unconscionable when People have Died.

• Winner
Reactions: Opinionated

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
There are a couple other threads on this topic and at least one new subform section was created just because of it. It just today caused me to spend a hundred bucks.

It has a lot of misinformation wrapped up in it. Some people think it could be the end of e-cigarettes. I don’t know one way or another yet but it’s possible.

It will change things massively there is no doubt. It makes me angry mostly because it’s based almost entirely on misdirection. One thing is being blamed for the damage caused by a different thing.

The base issue is actually counterfeiting. Children bought not e-cigarette products but cannabis products they thought were safe but they weren’t because they were trusting packaging rather than contents and they died.

The effect is the group of interests that want to kill e-cigarettes are capitalizing on the hardware similarities between e-cigarettes and cannabis products to conflate them and are leveling laws not at cannabis products but at e-cigarettes.

Last edited:

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread