how do YOU vape your Boba's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowtie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
South of Heaven
For those using boge cartos with boba's, how much life are you getting out of the carto? Mine seem to be burning out prematurely lately. Anybody else?
Anyone else? This juice is wonderful but it is a serious carto killer! I don't mind, it's so good it's worth it to me, but none of my juices kill cartos this quickly.

Yeah it is a carto killer, but it's so worth it! I get anywhere from 3-4 mils , which is 1 1/2 - 2 days for me, out of a carto with Bobas. At about a $1 per carto for 2 days, not a dig deal compared to what smoking used cost.

knivesout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
MT
So what's the consensus on the longevity of cartos with boba's? In the thread I've seen reports of carto lifespan being up to a week to as little as a day and a half. Probably would be more accurate to describe the carto life in terms of mL put through it, as opposed to days? I've put about 3mL through the boge SR cartos I'm using and feel like the flavor is maybe starting to drop off a little bit. I'm using a tank on a Provari BTW, trying to experiment with carto punching to get the best wicking without flooding. The one I'm vaping now has 2 smaller holes punched in it and does require some "priming" from time to time.

andyman97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Upstate NY, USA
So what's the consensus on the longevity of cartos with boba's? In the thread I've seen reports of carto lifespan being up to a week to as little as a day and a half. Probably would be more accurate to describe the carto life in terms of mL put through it, as opposed to days? I've put about 3mL through the boge SR cartos I'm using and feel like the flavor is maybe starting to drop off a little bit. I'm using a tank on a Provari BTW, trying to experiment with carto punching to get the best wicking without flooding. The one I'm vaping now has 2 smaller holes punched in it and does require some "priming" from time to time.

It entirely depends on the carto. I've been using boges regularly for the past few months. I've had some that couldn't handle much more than 4 or 5 mils and my current one has been going strong through about 12 mils so far and still hits great. It is definitely not the most carto friendly juice but it isn't a science, if that makes sense.

knivesout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
MT
Thanks for your input, it's definitely helpful and I know exactly what you mean, it seems like no two cartos are exactly the same, with variations in resistance, lifespan, etc. I think one thing I was doing that was shortening the carto's life was not punching a large enough hole in the carto for the juice to feed through. I tried one hole, then two holes, and they just weren't large enough, requiring vigorous "priming" to feed into the carto. With the last one I did I punched a single larger hole and it's feeding much better now, and I imagine since the filler is staying wet, the carto should last a bit longer than 3-4 mLs.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
I tried BB for the first time 2 days ago. I don't want to forget that initial taste/sensation because it was not what I was expecting and it's not close to what I'm tasting now, so I want to document it.

Sage advice and an excellent example of the many factors that go into a flavor beyond the e-liquid. Hats off to Tarless with this explanation.

@Tarless - Thanks for this. As for wattage I'd like to do this but still some people prefer the initial flavor you experienced and wouldn't want it any other way. I might post up flavor nuances between x,y,z ranges but I'd need a serious reviewer to work with like Slip/PB/GrimG/etc. to get this to happen. It's best to have a sounding board for this type of taste specification.

Madcaprym

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA. US
Nope, the vendor mentioned above is a reseller and not AVE

12mg is easy to achieve from them, though. Just buy equal parts of 6mg and 18mg and mix them together and your end result will be 12mg ;-)

I didn't know that this is possible!? If you were to mix a say 10 ml of each you would end up with 20ml of 12 mg nix strength? Thanks cool! Although I just was able to put an order through from Ave!

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Yep, it's that easy. You kinda had the easiest possible example, though, where you wanted the strength dead-center between the two you had ;-) If you'd have had say 6mg and 24mg available to you then the mix ratio would have been different

Glad you got an order in for the right stuff, anyway :)

TarlessWonder

Mar 10, 2012
Dunedin, FL
@Tarless - Thanks for this. As for wattage I'd like to do this but still some people prefer the initial flavor you experienced and wouldn't want it any other way.

I'd like to meet some of those people and shake their hand because, well, they are more manly than me.:)

So....Presently smoking Boba's through Boge 3.0 cartos in act ACTv4 tank (pretty, but adaptor is temperamental) with the assistance of my Provari @ 4.4 V. Life is good, but it would better with a Vapemate attached to a customized HH 357. I guess I have a natural disdain for cartos. I regard them as a necessary evil right now due to my need for capacity.

If I made a flavor spectrum of Boba's, I would label it "smoking wood" on one end and "sweet" on the other end. I prefer the sweet end of the spectrum. I am convinced that one needs an atomizer to squeeze the full flavor out of BB. I'm still trying to find my sweet spot for Boba's. To this day my best experience with Boba's was dripping with my cheap V2Cigs 5.1 V power cig and their generic cartos with the filler removed, which is kind of comical. I tried the fluxomizers on my Provari and was underwhelmed.

I do have a 357 on the way and have very high expectations for it. Rightly so. I'll throw in two more cents when I get some vaping time on it.

andyman97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Upstate NY, USA
I'd like to meet some of those people and shake their hand because, well, they are more manly than me.:)

So....Presently smoking Boba's through Boge 3.0 cartos in act ACTv4 tank (pretty, but adaptor is temperamental) with the assistance of my Provari @ 4.4 V. Life is good, but it would better with a Vapemate attached to a customized HH 357. I guess I have a natural disdain for cartos. I regard them as a necessary evil right now due to my need for capacity.

If I made a flavor spectrum of Boba's, I would label it "smoking wood" on one end and "sweet" on the other end. I prefer the sweet end of the spectrum. I am convinced that one needs an atomizer to squeeze the full flavor out of BB. I'm still trying to find my sweet spot for Boba's. To this day my best experience with Boba's was dripping with my cheap V2Cigs 5.1 V power cig and their generic cartos with the filler removed, which is kind of comical. I tried the fluxomizers on my Provari and was underwhelmed.

I do have a 357 on the way and have very high expectations for it. Rightly so. I'll throw in two more cents when I get some vaping time on it.

Have you tried cranking it up to 5 volts? 5.2 on 3 ohms is HEAVEN in a boge 3 ohm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread