• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

how do you wash a rebuildable atty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
If you are REALLY worried about:

1) getting all the gunked up juice out, and
2) making sure it is biologically clean and sterile

Soak it in grain alcohol for a few hours. Then shake or blow it out, and let it air-dry for a few hours and dry-burn the coil.

Washing in water will NOT sterilize a metal object unless it is boiling hot and exposed for several minutes.

Hot tap water will not even come CLOSE to sterilizing your gear. There is "clean" and there is CLEAN. Bacteria and viruses are NOT kiled by hot tap water, and rinsing something in running water for a few seconds will NEVER get down into all the little nooks and crannies of something as complicated and tiny as an RBA.

If you REALLY want to get your gear clean, buy a bottle of Everclear and soak your metal parts in a little cup of that. I soak ALL my gear--Vivi Nova parts, attys, cartos, RBAs even drip tips--in pure alcohol. I vape about 2-3ml of juice a day, and clean out tanks about every second or third refill, and attys get cleaned about once a week if I use them.

Plastic parts just need a quick dunk--a few seconds is sufficient (you need to be careful with plastic, because pure alcohol can make it cloudy or can mess up the finish if it has a clear coat of CA like some custom-made drip tips).

Last edited:

dwsp77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
USA/MY/SG
brought a few :p
Z atty pro, Cobra Atomiser, AGA-T
brought it recently when the stock came.

actually no need to boil.. rebuildables r good in dat u can dispose of n change the chao tar or gunked up wick n wires.. just give the top part a good rinse under e running tap can liao.. to clean what's in the tank, just *gently* twist out the tank, rinse and replace..

just be careful if u wanna remove e tank.. a very *senior* member here accidentally broke e glass tank of his bliss b4 even vaping his first tank! n he cursed n swore for a loonnnng time! :p

Currynoah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
actually no need to boil.. rebuildables r good in dat u can dispose of n change the chao tar or gunked up wick n wires.. just give the top part a good rinse under e running tap can liao.. to clean what's in the tank, just *gently* twist out the tank, rinse and replace..just be careful if u wanna remove e tank.. a very *senior* member here accidentally broke e glass tank of his bliss b4 even vaping his first tank! n he cursed n swore for a loonnnng time! :p
Like this post for the practical cleaning solution... Not the "broken glass tank" scenario... :tumble:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread