How does.the chrome plating hold up on a Silver Bullet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattnatti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
The silver SB that I have was bought used and it appears that it started its life as a polished aluminum SB. It arrived with quite a bit of
" character " ;) to it and I have added quite a bit more as well. I bought it specifically as a mod to take to work with me. I actually took a scotch brite pad to it and gave it a swirl finish to take some of the scratches out of it. A couple of the guys at the Cincy store said it looked good.

I have to agree with rocks82 on the silver vein. I love mine. Very durable finish. And looks fantastic to boot.

Mattnatti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
I should also add that my silver SB is one of the very first. So not sure if they started out as polished aluminum and now are chrome plated or not. Here are a few pics of mine. Like I said in the last post, it has a lot of wear on it and my swirl finish has almost been completely worn off of it as I did it a few weeks ago.
IMAG0034.jpg
IMAG0035.jpg
IMAG0039.jpg
IMAG0040.jpg

there are no chips or flakes on the SB just superficial scratches and dings.

Here is a pic of the silver vein.
IMAG0044.jpg

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
The original SB was polished aluminum. After a few thousand, my hands could no longer take it, I had to switch to a Chrome plating. The chrome holds up very well. Some of the earlier chrome plated units did not have the greatest finish (early 2010), I switched to another company that did superior work and it holds up quite well :)
The Silver Vein powder coat holds up nicely as well. LOL I just wish it was easier to match.

Mattnatti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
That is good to know Chad. I have one of the originals then. :D
thanks for chiming in as I was going to sell it to a coworker as his first mod but now I will just hang onto it and sell him another one. Gotta keep the OG SB ;)

The original SB was polished aluminum. After a few thousand, my hands could no longer take it, I had to switch to a Chrome plating. The chrome holds up very well. Some of the earlier chrome plated units did not have the greatest finish (early 2010), I switched to another company that did superior work and it holds up quite well :)
The Silver Vein powder coat holds up nicely as well. LOL I just wish it was easier to match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread