How e-smoking effects tastebuds

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcnesmith

Oct 13, 2008
Inner Earth
Hello everyone.

I was just wondering how e-smoking effects your tastebuds. Smoking normal cigarettes, over time numbs your tastebuds. Basically, depending on the person as far as I know, slowly numbs tastebuds and makes it where tasty food taste more bland.

With me, and other smokers I have talked to, eventually started to really enjoy very hot taste. (as in spicey hot) I have been a smoker for around 12 years and over time I have enjoyed hotter and hotter food. Now I always like the hottest humanly possible. I actually like it to barely be edible. Eat it slow, but the taste is awesome. :D I really like habanaro's and I have been trying to track down the Naga Jolokia for ages.

Thanks for your input!

Trinity

Oct 31, 2008
NW England
Taste, not noticed yet.

But with smoking I end up with no sense of smell at all, and normally after a week of trying to give up the regular smokes the world is suddenly a very stinky place.

Ive been esmoking only for a few days now and I have started to notice smells returing to my world, so maybe taste will follow. Can only be a good sign :D

For what its worth, I do like spicy food, not to hot mind. But a well balanced indian curry is just amazing.

wcnesmith

Oct 13, 2008
Inner Earth
Taste, not noticed yet.

But with smoking I end up with no sense of smell at all, and normally after a week of trying to give up the regular smokes the world is suddenly a very stinky place.

Ive been esmoking only for a few days now and I have started to notice smells returing to my world, so maybe taste will follow. Can only be a good sign :D

For what its worth, I do like spicy food, not to hot mind. But a well balanced indian curry is just amazing.

Yes, smells come back. I keep noticing really bad smells at my work going place to place. (I drive around for 12 hours straight) It was kind of nice not knowing about those smells though, lol. I am trying to keep positive about esmoking, but the smell sense coming back definitely is not a positive at the moment.

tonyph

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2008
Derby, UK
a large percentage of what we think of as taste is actualy smell. Thats why food tastes realy bland when we have a cold. I have noticed a sense of smell getting stronger after only a few days of vaping. It seems logical that what I think is taste will start to come back soon. So far vaping hasn't efected my appetite. I was hoping it would has I am prone to forgetting to eat and I need to put weight on. Would be interested if anybody can tell me the longer term effect on appetite.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Funny -- but true -- thread. Before I quit cigarettes, I used to eat Dannon yogurt for its live bacteria benefits. It was bland stuff. Tasteless goop to me. After a few days off cigarettes, I could taste the yogurt. Sharp. Ugh. Like cheese I can't stand either. I no longer eat Dannon yogurt (eat frozen yogurt daily, however).

And I'm always first to smell anything. The world is indeed a stinky place and some women wear way too much perfume to cover the smell of smoke on their clothes.

a large percentage of what we think of as taste is actualy smell.

This is dead-on true. And that's why we do-it-yourselfers are looking for fragrance we can used in liquid. Fragrance like tobacco absolute. We need fragrant vapor and then we might actually taste some tobacco flavor. Right now, the essentially odorless vapor is no taste treat!

Mommyshann

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2008
Florida, USA
And I'm always first to smell anything. The world is indeed a stinky place and some women wear way too much perfume to cover the smell of smoke on their clothes.

It's amazing how much perfume I've saved over the last month. Wow...why didn't any non-smokers ever tell me how much I overdid it with the perfume?!?! And my issue really wasn't trying to cover the smell of smoke on me...I couldn't smell the smoke on me. I also couldn't smell the perfume, so I thought I needed more. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread