Status
Not open for further replies.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
I've recently dropped down to 1mg nic in my juice (keep in mind I do sub-ohm so it's more than it sounds). Dropping from 2mg to 1mg is going much better than I thought, but I still feel the pull of nicotine (or perhaps it's just the vaping action). For those that dropped to 0 nic after slowly dropping nic strength, how difficult was it to adjust to that final step of 0mg?

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
My theory is that nic somehow works as a "flavour enhancer" (like MSG for food). At 0 nic flavours seem to me muted and stale. I've managed to bring back the "freshness" by adding a droplet of diluted menthol. The trick is to add as much as possible without making it distinctly noticeable in the resulting liquid (i.e. when inhaling you should not be able to tell it has menthol). Makes the liquid feel good again.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I've recently dropped down to 1mg nic in my juice (keep in mind I do sub-ohm so it's more than it sounds). Dropping from 2mg to 1mg is going much better than I thought, but I still feel the pull of nicotine (or perhaps it's just the vaping action). For those that dropped to 0 nic after slowly dropping nic strength, how difficult was it to adjust to that final step of 0mg?

I found that once I got to 6 mg, getting to zero was really easy for me, but that was when I was vaping at 10 watts. I mostly vape zero now, but I use 2 mg once in a while at 35-45 watts. Being used to zero, I do notice some TH from it and that peppery taste that is nice sometimes. OTOH, 2 mg at 40 watts is probably equal to about 6 at 10 watts :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread