Status
Not open for further replies.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Better to just buy them both and try them. The high end mods are always very easy to re-sell, if you try them and sell them quick. Might loose a few bucks, but not much. Don't wait too long, because tech is moving faster and faster in regards to this industry and your "Last mod I will ever need" will be nulled out by something fantastic down the road. Case in Point: Switching regulators that significantly increase battery life on VV mods. Dual coil and triple coil cartomizers that kick circuit protection on mods not designed to run two 3 ohm coils wired together.

Problem arises that people will stick to their guns hardcore when they spend $200+ for a mod, even if it is fail. We seem to join social groups based on what mod we love, and will completely ignore another mod's performance and durability. We even have chunks of the population that will teach you how to "Mod" your leaky "Failmod" or "Failomizer". It's quite amazing really !

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
agree with both of the previous posts... what used to be the niche that those 2 pv's owned, is expanding in different ways.
there's so much to choose from and on the near horizon.
seems like one can get on one corner of this forum and not realize there are alternate universes right nearby.

the tech is complicated... ohms law is just one thing... but VV, switching, boost, boost circuit, linear, buck,, buck boost, just to name a few terms that a certainly the tip of the iceburg for a newb... it's a bit expensive true, but like Stownz said, what's hot is hot and there's nothing like getting your hands on a few and trying them out for as OP states... you and you alone to try.

ime5000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
maryland
odell! luckily i got a chance to read it before you changed it! lol it did help, i have 99% made my decision, based on everyones help but like people say mainly my own. a couple of you guys mistook my post for "which one is better" what i really wanted was people advice on what they liked about one better or the decieding factor for them. trust me ive been doing research on these two as well as others for about a month now. ive looked at both of the forums on the two vendors, and watched prolly every video review possible, they both have features i like but one of them seemed to make more sense to me. but thanks man, if i could get both, i most likely would, like in another thread, i would prolly have 15 mods to try out if i had the money, lol

like i had said before looks and size and things like that were not a big deal, it seems mostly the technical and circuitry is what made my ultimate decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread