How I get rid of unwanted flavors in my atties quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

jons

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Hot Hot Hot South
Ok so we all know what its like to get a pif package in the mail and want to try them out all at once. :vapor: So heres how I clean out my atty quickly so I can move onto the next flavor.
At first it crossed my mind to just wash it like I would normally do. If I went that way though I would have to let it sit for 24 hours or so before I would use it again... so that idea is out. I dont need a clean atty you see I just need to .... flush it out. so heres how I do it.

I bought a bottle of glycerin to thin out some of my liquids to get to a lower nic level for bed time vaping. Now the glycerin is colorless and tastless and yes.. no odor. Once I have my fill of a new flavor I will remove my atty and head to a sink. I just fill the atty up with the glycerin and just blow it out the holes on the bottom of the atty. I do this maybe 3 or 4 times untill the glycerin coming out the otherside looks the same way it did going in... clear. This will usually clear up my atty to the point that I can go from one flav to the next. This dosent completely free my atty from all flavor but it gets the job done.

P.S.
I paid like $3.00 for 6 onces of glycerin at walmart

Last edited:

spider362

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
That works great but then you have to let it sit out for a day to dry. This way when I do this I dont have to wait for anything to dry. I can use my atty right after I flush it out. I was told to never use a wet atty after it's been cleaned.
Never understood why you have to let an atty dry before you can use it. It's going to get wet again when you add the e-juice... :confused:

I wash mine using a baby syringe with a short piece of 3/8" tubing on one end and the atty on the other. Then I force very hot water back and forth through the atty until it's clean.

Then I use the same syringe/atty setup to blow it out with air.

I add a few drops of e-liquid and use a drip-tip to get it started then put my cartridge back on and vape away.

No more than 30 minutes has passed.

Seems to work very well for me.

Attachments

• Baby Syringe, Silicon Tubing & Atomizer.jpg
    Baby Syringe, Silicon Tubing & Atomizer.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 57

Jammin

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Washington DC
I think thats exactly what I thought I said,lol.

I don't know, what you said sounds much more cumbersome. LOL Dripping a few drops in of a juice and vaping it dry sounds a bit easier than running to the bathroom and pouring the glycerin in and stuff....:laugh: Not dissing your method, but i just drip so when i want to change flavor i only have to puff five to six times on what is in there and then put the new one in. :blush: That's all i have ever done, seems pretty simple. I hope i'm not messing anything up.

Jammin

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Washington DC
I drip, and rarely notice going from juice to juice, I just vape till the last juice is gone, then drip in the new juice. Maybe 1 puff tastes like a mix, then I'm good to go

Me too.

I even just filled up a prefilled cignot carto that was a marlb blend that had gone empty with a watermelon juice that I bought. It tastes fine to me. Hopefully there is no negative affects of mixing the residue left from the marlb carto with the watermelon. So long as the taste is good to me I don't see a problem with it.

Java_Az

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
Colorado
Most juices you can just blow out , by blowing on the threaded end of the atomizer. But really strong juices like cinnamon tend to take over a atomizer and you will taste it for a long time. The quickest way to get it out is with PGA. I run some threw it with a syringe and then soak for 5 mins then run some more threw it. Blow out the atomizer from the threaded end again to get the PGA out. Then you can reprime the atomizer and use. Since PGA doesnt taste bad and is not conductive like water you dont have to let it completely dry. Isopropyl can be used but it leaves a pretty bad taste in the atomizer for 4 or 5 hits plus it is not really safe to vape so you would need to let it dry out of the wick as much as possible. So if you have a nasty tasting juice in your atomizer or a strong one you want out of it PGA is the fastest safest way to get the flavor out.

Last edited:

Jammin

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Washington DC
Most juices you can just blow out , by blowing on the threaded end of the atomizer. But really strong juices like cinnamon tend to take over a atomizer and you will taste it for a long time. The quickest way to get it out is with PGA. I run some threw it with a syringe and then soak for 5 mins then run some more threw it. Blow out the atomizer from the threaded end again to get the PGA out. Then you can reprime the atomizer and use. Since PGA doesnt taste bad and is not conductive like water you dont have to let it completely dry. Isopropyl can be used but it leaves a pretty bad taste in the atomizer for 4 or 5 hits plus it is not really safe to vape so you would need to let it dry out of the wick as much as possible. So if you have a nasty tasting juice in your atomizer or a strong one you want out of it PGA is the fastest safest way to get the flavor out.

That makes sense...I never use strong flavors so I haven't run into that issue. I can definitely see how a strong flavor like cinnamon would require a bit more effort to get the taste out...

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My juices and I imagine most juices are water based so all I do is rinse under warm tap water and blow. For stronger flavors I use a drop of dishwashing liquid. Works great for me. Menthol and Coconut were hard to clear. The flavor lasted for ever. I suspect that it was an oil base.

JohnG1975

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
Jacksonville FL
Ginger from the Gingerbread Cookie is a persistent bugger.

My method:

Put a cup of distilled water in the microwave for 1 min. It boils, but the cup is still cool enough to handle.
Drop my atty in the recently boiling water. Let sit a few minutes and fish it out.
Syringe/bulb some of the hot water up the threaded end 2-3 times.
Dry off the outside, blow out the water with my lungs thru the threaded end out the tailpipe.
Connect to battery, and hit the "go" button till the coil is red for a few seconds.
Ready to rock.

$.02 from me. Using standard 510 attys, I drip, same attys for over a month. Have some new back-ups still in plastic waiting just in case :)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I just run it under hot water at the sink for about a minute. Fill it up with the open end up and let it drain through the threaded end over and over. The wick will retain some of the water so you need to blow it out to remove the last of the water, dry burn it while viewing the coil until you begin to see a dull red glow appear, prime it with a couple of drops of new juice and vape.

You don't have to wait. Just be sure you don't dry burn it too long. You need to go into a room with low light or cup your hands over it to see the glow.

illuxion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I just pull the tip off and blow through it with a paper towel underneath to catch the leftover juice, cheek blowing, not chest or you'll hurt your chest and/or throat. Then 1-2 drops of flavor I'm going to and blow again. Clean the wick media, BF in my case, by squeezing in a paper towel, clean the tip with a paper towel, then add the new juice. sometimes a hint of residual flavor on the first vape or so, but nothing that bothers me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread