How I got eJuice Me Up to work with linux mint 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

souleaterzer0

Multiple ID Suspension
ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2012
right here
This thread is for Linux noobs like me.....

After trying what this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/175939-e-juice-me-up-linux.html told me to do ejuice Me Up would still not work on Linux Mint 15. After installing .net 3.5 with winetricks, then installing eJuice Me Up. I would get a "invalid parameter" error and then an error saying that "there is not a windows program configured to open this type of file", whenever I would try to open the program from the start bar or from the shortcut the Ejuice Me Up installer put on the desktop.

I would not accept not having an essential program on my laptop, so I started playing around and googling. I found out if I used the terminal to try to open the .exe file it might work. I typed in the terminal wine start "C:\\Program Files\Breaktru Software\ eJuice Me Up\eJuice Me Up.exe" . While this did not open eJuice Me Up, it opened winefile, which looks like an old windows 98 file manager. After a bit of googling just typing in winefile in the terminal saves a good bit of typing. From winefile I found the Ejuice Me Up.exe, right clicked on it and hit open. Boom another window opens up and there is eJuice Me Up!

I also found that if I manually went to the the file folder that eJuice Me Up was installed into and right clicking eJuice Me Up.exe and choosing to open with wine program loader, eJuice Me Up would open. To get to this file either:Go to your home directory(/home/username) Hit ctrl+H to see hidden files in your home directory > .wine>c drive> program files>breaktru>ejuice me up, or you could click on your start bar, go to wine, click browse c:\ drive, then go to where the program is installed.

Having finally gotten Ejuice Me Up to open I now wanted a desktop shortcut for easy access. I right clicked on the desktop and selected Create Launcher. After typing the name of the shortcut and finding eJuice Me Up.exe for the command field, I clicked ok. A new launcher is created on your desktop. When I double click the shortcut I get an error that .net blah blah blah... I simply clicked continue and eJuice Me Up opens!

To skip the jibber jabber:
1. install wine (I used software manager)
2. install winetricks (I used software manager)
2. install .net 3.5 (I used winetricks, which downloaded and installed .net 2.0-3.5)
3. install eJuice Me Up (extract .zip to desktop and right click setup.exe and run with wine program loader)
4. delete all shortcuts that were made
5. create new launcher on desktop (right click on desktop and click create new launcher)
6. double click your new launcher
7. ignore .net errors (click continue)

I know this might not work for everyone and there might be an easier way, but this is the only way I have figured out how to get eJuice Me Up to work on my old Laptop running Linux Mint 15.

EmeraldLeo1982

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma
I just tried installing .net 3 and it wouldn't let me until I got the trunk version of winetricks which gave me the proper workarounds by telling me what to do and it auto opened a website with the location of the proper netframework3.exe file download.

So if you get an sha1sm mismatch: please rename the file dotnet3.exe and try again. You'll have to use subversion to download the trunk winetricks and you can find the command for this on the winetricks page under the source tab. Then just cd into the winetricks directory and 'sudo make install' then run winetricks and try installing it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread