How is MV's custonmer service when tested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
I want to start this off by saying that if you never had to test the service then I already know every other single thing about them is top notch. Thats not in question.

Ive bought from a lot of vendors and I dont mind spreading it around. I have placed 2 orders with mv and I love everything I possibly could about them at this point. The amount of items they sell alone is a huge plus. So I was thinking about making them my offical go to vendor. Only I have never had to test the after the sale customer service. Thats a good thing dont get me wrong but things can leak, not fire, or bust in shipping etc. Has anyone tested this for me that can report back?

If you click the contact us link like you want to report trouble they have the same page that gotvapes has. Takes forever to get back and when they do it seems more like they want to put more effort into you causing the problem then them fixing it. I really hate when people pass the buck on something that cost them $2 and you $12 yet they make a profit and your out the $12 and cant use what you paid for in the end. Follow me?

Just say u had a thread in tank and it leaked. It was obvious the tank was defective out of the mail box yet your told the warranty was only for DOA. Its that kind of wormy tactic that drives me up the wall. All common sense seems to go out the window but it hasn't. Its just not customer service. Its vendor service with a knife in my back. This is what I try like hell to avoid.

Madcaprym

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA. US
If u have a problem open a ticket. Then they respond lightning fast with a return email, plus you can monitor your ticket to see what is going on. I have had to open about 5 tickets within two years with them and they resolved the issue within a couple days, usually the first day. You don't use the contact us page u open a ticket , a link is on the main page half way down.

karmakatie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
MO
I have made LOTS of orders to madvapes and have had 2 times to test customer service, they took care of me promptly both times ie the "TICKET SYSTEM". Now to clarify you need to read the terms and return policy on all vendors, if it does not fit you, you need to move on to someone that has a policy you can live with. Please remember MV's is a small business and are subject to slowdowns with big sales, holidays etc, so if you don't get a response in a hour, please be patient, After a reasonable amount of time, if you get no response, resend a ticket as computers are not perfect and sometimes stuff goes into LALA land, also check your spam folders!!

One of the biggest issues I see people complain about are cartos and attys being DOA, well in my experience there are VERY few truly DOA's they are usually a center pin issues, that being said Smok batts tend to have a deeper center pin than other Ego styles as well as some mods. I also see alot of complaints about burnt taste, yeah I had that happen alot when I was new, learn to fill cartos completely and keep them wet, no more burnt ever, cartos and attys are truly designed to be disposable but once you undertsand how to care and use them properly, they start to last much longer.

As far as NEW tanks leaking, they usually stop once the juice swells the O rings, a trick I have learned is on new tanks I put a couple of drops of juice on the inner O rings and let it set for about 30 minutes before ever putting in the carto and filling it for the first time. I have a bunch of their tanks and this has worked each and every time.

HTH :)

lynch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2011
Lynchburg,Va
I've been ordering from MV for almost 2 years and only had one small problem.
In my order I had 3 prewired 510 bat connecters with the negative wires that
was off, most likely from shipping. Told MV about it and they gave me a 10% off
coupon code good for my next order. More than I was expecting so I have I nothing
bad to say about MV.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
I have made LOTS of orders to madvapes and have had 2 times to test customer service, they took care of me promptly both times ie the "TICKET SYSTEM". Now to clarify you need to read the terms and return policy on all vendors, if it does not fit you, you need to move on to someone that has a policy you can live with. Please remember MV's is a small business and are subject to slowdowns with big sales, holidays etc, so if you don't get a response in a hour, please be patient, After a reasonable amount of time, if you get no response, resend a ticket as computers are not perfect and sometimes stuff goes into LALA land, also check your spam folders!!

One of the biggest issues I see people complain about are cartos and attys being DOA, well in my experience there are VERY few truly DOA's they are usually a center pin issues, that being said Smok batts tend to have a deeper center pin than other Ego styles as well as some mods. I also see alot of complaints about burnt taste, yeah I had that happen alot when I was new, learn to fill cartos completely and keep them wet, no more burnt ever, cartos and attys are truly designed to be disposable but once you undertsand how to care and use them properly, they start to last much longer.

As far as NEW tanks leaking, they usually stop once the juice swells the O rings, a trick I have learned is on new tanks I put a couple of drops of juice on the inner O rings and let it set for about 30 minutes before ever putting in the carto and filling it for the first time. I have a bunch of their tanks and this has worked each and every time.

HTH :)
How about the thin white o-rings. Silicon I think. They come with the vision stone 3. Do they swell up over time also?

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
That could be the mv slogan "your in good hands with MadVapes"
That sounds familar :facepalm:
Ya lol, and I do use Allstate.

I think we all diserve product that works as advertised and im the first to admit my own mistakes. In this case with the other vendor the product was defactive from the start. Not sure how they are so cool about not taking care of me, but I wont be going back to them. Thats for sure, and even if they do make it rite in time its still too late. I will be posting a you tube review outlining my exp. This is the second vendor thats done this to me. First one cost me over $200 and this one cost me around $40 give or take. Im getting smarter but none the less its uncalled for aggravation, that hurts everyone involved one way or another.

Andy D

Oct 22, 2011
Nashville, TN
I want to start this off by saying that if you never had to test the service then I already know every other single thing about them is top notch. Thats not in question.

Ive bought from a lot of vendors and I dont mind spreading it around. I have placed 2 orders with mv and I love everything I possibly could about them at this point. The amount of items they sell alone is a huge plus. So I was thinking about making them my offical go to vendor. Only I have never had to test the after the sale customer service. Thats a good thing dont get me wrong but things can leak, not fire, or bust in shipping etc. Has anyone tested this for me that can report back?

If you click the contact us link like you want to report trouble they have the same page that gotvapes has. Takes forever to get back and when they do it seems more like they want to put more effort into you causing the problem then them fixing it. I really hate when people pass the buck on something that cost them $2 and you $12 yet they make a profit and your out the $12 and cant use what you paid for in the end. Follow me?

Just say u had a thread in tank and it leaked. It was obvious the tank was defective out of the mail box yet your told the warranty was only for DOA. Its that kind of wormy tactic that drives me up the wall. All common sense seems to go out the window but it hasn't. Its just not customer service. Its vendor service with a knife in my back. This is what I try like hell to avoid.

From A fellow Ron Paul fan here is a link showing how my 1st and last purchase went with Madvapes:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reviews-suppliers-negative/285115-mad-vapes-gets-f-minus.html

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
From A fellow Ron Paul fan here is a link showing how my 1st and last purchase went with Madvapes:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reviews-suppliers-negative/285115-mad-vapes-gets-f-minus.html

Thats exactly what im looking for. Thanks for the heads up. It must take a certain type to report problems with vendors. Really, customer service reps all over have developed a knack for blaming the customer. How could anything be perfect? Yet they make the product seem that way. My word means something, and im a look you in the eye's, and shake your hand type of guy. The type of service your describing, is more like a bad ebay sale. You cant see it and test it, and u sure as heck cant slap the guy around that sold it to you, for treating and making you a fool. I call people that do that "worms", Less then a man and your word is like what I dumped in the toilet.

Whats worse is people see it and stick up for the sales people. They cant wait to give hard earned money to people like that. No one cares till it happens to them, and its like russian roulette. The bullet is in the gun and it will blow up in your face one day. Why put up with it?

The vender I had trouble with even stated on ECF that only 50 people had problems so they didnt pull the product. That means that they didnt help the other people, cause they didnt help me. It also means they know people are getting ripped off, and they just keep doing it.

Well in conclusion I also wont keep supporting that "worm" type of behavior. I will only support vendors that support me back. I am only one. And just like my RON PAUL vote that will not help I will still stick to what is rite and stop voting for terrible customer service. Wake up people your hurting all of us by supporting people like this. The only thing that will wake them up is to hurt the cash flow. Thats all they know and care about. Stop the madness. Im not buying from MV anymore then cause like I said the bullet is in the gun and im not waiting for it to blow up in my face.

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Um, I'm a Ron P supporter too, and I will gladly still purchase from MadVapes. Their prices are low enough to not be too mad if something bad happens. Unlike other vendors who charge a hefty profit to just stand behind the "DOA only warranty."

Honestly, the folks at MadVapes seem very nice. I've been to their storefront and warehouse. Always a good experience.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
I just looked and I've placed 18 orders with MV over the last 8 months. Had to open a ticket a few months ago and issue was resolved quickly and I was very pleased. However, my last order with them did not go well and I opened a ticket with my concerns. This time it was not a pleasant experience, first off no where in their reply was any sort of apology for the issues and inconvenience they caused, then thier solution was to inconvenience me further. MV's has an awesome inventory and great pricing but CS is slipping and I will wait it out before placing another order. Sorry gotta be honest.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Um, I'm a Ron P supporter too, and I will gladly still purchase from MadVapes. Their prices are low enough to not be too mad if something bad happens. Unlike other vendors who charge a hefty profit to just stand behind the "DOA only warranty."

Honestly, the folks at MadVapes seem very nice. I've been to their storefront and warehouse. Always a good experience.
Nice does not replace good after the sale customer service though. I love MV but I have yet to have an issue. However one will come up in the future and its imp to me that im taken care of. I will not set myself up to fail. Ive done that with two other vendors in 5 months. It sucks. Have you had to test the cs after a sale?
I just looked and I've placed 18 orders with MV over the last 8 months. Had to open a ticket a few months ago and issue was resolved quickly and I was very pleased. However, my last order with them did not go well and I opened a ticket with my concerns. This time it was not a pleasant experience, first off no where in their reply was any sort of apology for the issues and inconvenience they caused, then thier solution was to inconvenience me further. MV's has an awesome inventory and great pricing but CS is slipping and I will wait it out before placing another order. Sorry gotta be honest.

Thanks for stepping up as well. Its natural not to upset the herd so to speak and I did not expect anyone to. The point is people will push as far as they can get away with pushing. It helps the bottom line when people stay on the band wagon and shut up about the problems. However its not fair to the people paying money for defective product, and its also not fair to promote a vendor that will stab anyone in the back. I call it like I see it, and being stabbed in the back is all it can be when the only way your loved is if your paying for it. I dont mind that as long as what im paying for works and if it does not then it gets fixed. Its not rocket science. yet some vendors make it seem like it is. We all know why. Bottom dollar.

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Honestly I haven't had to test them yet. But I can feel comfortable knowing that they will extend the same warranty most other vendors do, and that is to deny warranty.

Unfortunately I've been searching all over the place for a businees in this industry that acts like the rest of the country's businesses, but have failed to find one. COV was the only one I was aware of that had any warranty on cartos, and I read they have changed it to match everyone else.

I am really disappointed in this industry's ethics, but it has kept me from smoking analogs. If you find a vendor willing to stand behind their products, let us know. For now I will continue to price search all products and go with the lowest.

What about the juice protection, all say no returns as taste is subjective. I'm pretty sure some juice I bought recently would find no fans. It was disgusting. I know the vendors argument is the same everywhere, so I just take it as a learning experience. That's the way the are, third world type business practices.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Honestly I haven't had to test them yet. But I can feel comfortable knowing that they will extend the same warranty most other vendors do, and that is to deny warranty.

Unfortunately I've been searching all over the place for a businees in this industry that acts like the rest of the country's businesses, but have failed to find one. COV was the only one I was aware of that had any warranty on cartos, and I read they have changed it to match everyone else.

I am really disappointed in this industry's ethics, but it has kept me from smoking analogs. If you find a vendor willing to stand behind their products, let us know. For now I will continue to price search all products and go with the lowest.

What about the juice protection, all say no returns as taste is subjective. I'm pretty sure some juice I bought recently would find no fans. It was disgusting. I know the vendors argument is the same everywhere, so I just take it as a learning experience. That's the way the are, third world type business practices.
Not all are like that. Your way of thinking is exactly the way they want it to be. Both items you have mentioned I have complained about and got new ones sent out by two diff vendors.

Provape sent me a free 30ml juice order cause the Jack and Coke clogged the crap out of my cartos and was nasty as all get out (IMO). Same with my dad when he jumped on the Jack and Coke bandwagon. We both got to pic our next order for free with no return shipping involved. That was even before I bought my Provari. It was my very first order and was just for the juice. Same with my dad. Then later on I had a DOA carto in a 5 pack that I bought a month or more prior and they sent me a free 5 pack.

21st century smoke (a gas station mini) replaced my battery that went bad with no record of purchase cause I lost my receipt. I had bought 2 starter packs so I had two batterys. Had to send in the bad one to get a new one. Also sent the 2 bad carts I had sitting around waiting for me to get around to sending back. By the time I got the battery and carts (6 carts by the way and I only had 2 that where bad) my second battery started loosing charge from being overworked. They replaced that one too but this time they broke a policy and let me keep the weak one while they sent me my second new one as not to let me overwork the first replacement.

Thats real service. Thats how it should be. No reason to be mad, and want to talk down about them. No bridges burnt. I have you tube reviews up from back then and I can supply the links if needed for proof.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR

When I see the help desk format I think of that phone call where the person on the other line is in India and the conversation never ends well. Its a great way to brush people off and sweep the problem under the rug. Yes he did try it. Thanks for trying to help though. Really the only way to help is boycotting. Even then its little help if any. If u stop buying they know 5 others will start buying to take your place. Its sad, getting kicked in the face by the man on the hill.

GrimReaper

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Indianapolis
had the same issues both time with juices...1st (bad) time i had half of my 50 dollar juice order made without nicotine and i use 24 mg...i had only noticed my first bottle because thats the only one i was on. made a ticket. next day the guy was like hey my bad boom sent me out a fresh 30 mg bottle alrdy in the air that day (AWESOME)..nvr bothered with the rets of the bottles i mean whos gonna believe oh hey um all these others are trash too... i was happy to get my one good bottle to last for payday. but i figured id make my own from now on.

2nd (bad) time again with juice i got 50 ml unflavored vg always have after that last mistake. having ordered this 6 times before i figured id would be ok. my bottle arrived being as thick as glue...you know the usp glycerin you can get from the drug store? thats what i got. its NEVER came to me in such a raw product form theyve always cut it with pg to nic or something idk it wasnt jelly ill tell ya that much lol. put in a ticket and it was responded with "our vg is very thick" ticket closed...i was kinda like well wtf dude...what about the other 6 bottles ive had.

mind you this is all since augest of 10' and probably over 1000.00 spend easily. i did stop buying juice al together from them because i always end up getting off nic lvls or weird flavors and im just tired of paying for mcdonalds e juice lol. but there very good people (hoog) and they have the best prices ive ever seen and tech...had issues with -1 omhs then advertised on some attys and they nvr restock them..soo thats just my basic opinion of how i seen them right now..they used to be perfect but these hiccups are kinda edging me away. either way if i online order its 85% madvapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread