How Is The APC USB Powerpack doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapors

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2008
I love mine, it rocks! You will love yours too. I got mine off ebay for cheaper then the Frys deal. Like people have said the only issue is, it has sleep mode if you let it sit, but you just have to hit the button to wake it up, and unlimited vapor continues haha. It matches the 901 shiny paint so it likes it was made for it, so cool.

Mine is on order, they came up for $15 again. But I have this one I got off of Ebay and have been vaping for 5 days now and the battery is at 3/4 on the charge.

I tell you, you add one or two of these things with a few usb pass throughs (upt's) and a usb car adapter, the original batteries are used very little if at all. Plus, at home, I have the upt's plugged into a pc and laptop and can move around between all of them (once my power pack goes dead).

My original intention was to use this power pack 24/7, even when I'm out and about, just to see how long it lasts, but I just keep it in my pocket while shopping, working in the garage, fishing and everthing else.

I don't know when I would use the original battery again?????

HDBanger

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
Montrose, MN
I will never go back to using regular ecig batteries, once my Dura dies, o well, Im not spending 28 bucks on a tiny battery that lasts 4 hours or so, and life of 3 months. I got the SD for that reason alone, and with these APC packs, no reason to ever buy another cig end battery for me. Usb passthru's and cheap cr123 batts ftw! (SD and 901dse usb use same atomizer also). I think these e-cig companies are making a killing off the replacement batteries, by design. Id buy a couple of usb passthru's and shrink wrap them with cable shrink for stability, they may stop selling them when they realize we aint buying their overpriced pos cig batteries anymore. :thumb:

D

Dukeboy08

I have to say that I have enjoyed my APC battery pack until last friday, when at the bowling alley it just decided to not give me any power. It showed on the led that it was fully charged but wouldn't give me any power. Overnight I left it on charge on my computer since they didn't include a wall adapter for it in my package. (bummer) And now the led shows that it's charging all the way to the last led but won't completely charge it. I'm bummed out now because I think I might have gotten a refurbished one that they repackaged and just told fry's that it was brand new.. who knows. But now I have to wait for a response from APC to tell me what I need to do to make it work or send it to them, being that it's only 14 days old and still under the 1 year warranty.

I've got 3 vapers in the house and mine being the first one bought is the only one that has broke.. ahhhh!

D

Dukeboy08

I have another bit of bad news to share:
After Calling APC today about my bad mobile battery pack, They told me that they are no longer making this model and do not have any in stock to replace my battery pack. They advised me to send it to a place to get it fixed..........Nothing else they could do with it. After thinking about it I did call Fry's and they have a 30 day money back guarantee on the orders so they told me that they would happily send me another one but would have to charge me for the new one until they got my bad battery pack. Plus They would pay me back for my shipping costs to send it to them.

Just thought I would let everyone know. APC is getting rid of all mobile products including our beloved Mobile Battery Pack.:(

Last edited by a moderator:

Keltrey

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2008
Olney, Illinois
yeah I would have totally bought another one with a year warranty if I had known about this before I bought it. It's just kind of crappy that APC wasn't even going to refund me or even send me anything to compensate my bad and defective product.

Agreed!! That is unusual from that company.

I just received mine from the post office 5 minutes ago, and am happily vaping from it while it's charging. Wow, this is even smaller than I thought it would be, very slick.

Apparently some of these are sold without the AC adapter plug, but luckily mine did include it. I purchased it from this ebay seller for those who want to make sure an AC adapter is included...

eBay Seller: online 123store: apc mobile power pack, Electronics items on eBay.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread