How is your breath? and what's the vapor smell like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant

Mar 1, 2009
Hi, I'm Grant. Just joined. Just ordered my first ecig. This board was very informative. My thanks to all who post.

I'm sure I'll find out for myself soon enough but how is your breath with these things? With the regular tobacco flavor is it about the same as smoking? And does the vapor have any noticeable odor? My kit came with some tobacco flavored cartridges and I ordered some mint liquid. Excited to try this. Hope it leads to being nicotine free eventually but this sure looks like a big improvement.

My best to you all,

Grant:|

ritalee76

ECF Veteran
Hi Grant :) Welcome to the forum

Lets see... the breath thing. I don't really know. LOL yea, that helps, right? My teeth have brightened up though :D

As far as the smell... Some people say it doesn't smell. It does. Just not bad. It has a faintly sweet smell to it. Depending on the flavor you are vaping, there may be another smell with it as well. My kids can tell if I'm using Strawberry. My boyfriend hates the French Pipe. However, the smell does not linger in the air.

Have fun :D

TommyGunBC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver B.c.
Hey Grant ! your breath will smell fresh and clean ,assuming you keep up

on your oral hygine :rolleyes: that is one of the many pluses to vaping no more

stank ash tray breath , no stinky clothes , no ashes all over your

house in your car/truck now when I detail my vehicles I won't have to

constantly wipe ash up :) and no more burnholes in clothes and car

seats!!

tinear

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Florida, U.S.A.
Absolutly no ashtray mouth here as reported by the Ladies!!!--Sun

after smoking ecigs exclusively for a couple days, for the first time in 15 years i could smell and taste analogs (jeez i hate that term) on my wife's mouth when i kissed her. She is a very light smoker (2-4 a day).

it was not pleasant. downright nasty, actually.

i apologized to her, not knowing how she put up with my 2+ pack a day habit for so long.

yuck.

gabriellyon

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
Philadelphia, PA USA
Boy reading this thread makes me feel bad for everytime I kissed my wife while still smoking. The only thing I noticed was that when i stopped smoking it took a couple of days but my sense of smell got better. I can't smell the scent of the vapor but my wife says it has a faint smell based on the flavor of the day. Does not linger at all. Now if I can just get rid of the smoke smell in the car.

Doostin

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Not to hijack this thread, but this means I can turn my air purifier off then when my kids come to visit?

I would probably clean the walls and shampoo the carpets and everything if you smoke inside. The your kids would probably end up ingesting tobacco residue and associated chemicals from the walls and couches from contacting them.

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Hi, I'm Grant. Just joined. Just ordered my first ecig. This board was very informative. My thanks to all who post.

I'm sure I'll find out for myself soon enough but how is your breath with these things? With the regular tobacco flavor is it about the same as smoking? And does the vapor have any noticeable odor? My kit came with some tobacco flavored cartridges and I ordered some mint liquid. Excited to try this. Hope it leads to being nicotine free eventually but this sure looks like a big improvement.

My best to you all,

Grant:|

Your breath will smell just like whatever you happen to have in your mouth at the time...which means mine usually smells like my foot.

There is an odor to the vapor and it varies from liquid to liquid. I've found that the vapor smells just like whatever flavoring they used to make it (coffee smells somewhat like coffee, etc...) if you puff but don't inhale. If you inhale and then exhale the vapor there's almost no detectable odor. Rita is right, however, that whatever odor MAY appear has a faintly sweet smell to it.

I can't imagine anyone thinking they "stink"

Not to hijack this thread, but this means I can turn my air purifier off then when my kids come to visit?
I take the dog out, come in and I can smell it's like a smokey bar room in here :oops:

I would think so, Shimmy. If you get away from the analogs, completely, your house will have no cigarette smell.

I was an outdoor smoker for years because I don't want the playground smelling like cigarette smoke...that's not to mention my clothes, hair, bedding etc...Once I switched to vaping I moved it inside and there's nothing...no lingering smell at all. I've had several people over and have asked a couple of they could smell anything (ones that were a bit more hip to the vaping thing) and no one has reported anything at all. The air in the playground is as fresh and wholesome as can be!

LifeLongJoyRide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2009
Austin TX
Been with my nonsmoking girlfriend for six years. I'm happy that I still get to "smoke" without all of the crap from analogs. I think she might even be more excited about me switching over than I was. No more leaving to go walk outside and smoke. No more smell (or taste) for her to deal with. She never really made comments when it was there...but I have heard plenty now that it's gone. :)

I think you'll be very happy once you make the switch

D_Struct

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Lufkin, TX
My husband (real anti-smoker) loves the fact that I don't have .... breath anymore! I can use it in the car when he is riding and he smells nothing. It is really the most amazing thing! I Love it~!

Being able to vape in the car has been absolutely great!

My fiance HATED that I smoked, but, aside from saying "I smell coconut," she hasn't complained a bit.

Although, considering she is still fairly anti-smoking, she keeps making comments like "after a few more weeks, you'll be able to stop using e-cigs, too!"

I think our timetables are a little different. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread