The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How is your ecig recieved amung other pagans

Discussion in 'Pagan Vapers' started by VaporPhreak, Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. VaporPhreak

VaporPhreak Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    For those of you who do venture out into the pagan community in your area, how is your ecig generally received? Are others usually more leery of it or more interested/supportive?

I ask because I am looking more and more at opening a bookstore/occult shop with a built in coffee shop and I was considering selling or at least demoing ecigs out of there as well. My shop would ALWAYS be vape friendly, but I want to make sure it will not kill my business to effectively be pushing them lol.
    BB

2. Nighthawk

Nighthawk Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    Well, there IS no pagan community where I'm at, actually. lol When I lived in Virginia Beach, there was a wonderful store called the Heritage Shop. It had an organic grocery, vegan deli and a pagan store. Totally loved it. Azure Green would be a good supplier for such a store.

3. VaporPhreak

VaporPhreak Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    I <3 AzureGreen :D Used to get all my supplies there, and still get the catalogs every now and again. I found a local shop though that, while they dont have the largest selection of items, has great prices and stocks a fairly large selection of dried herbs.

EDIT: Nighthawk, you may want to check WitchVox for shops and groups in Arkansas. There are a few it seems, here is a link to the Shops. BB!

4. SuZamme

SuZamme Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 24, 2009
    Nashville, Indiana USA
    Hey, I'm down here South of you in Little Nashville. Let us know if/when you open your shop.
    I vape and welcome all vapers at my olde tyme photo studio in Antique Alley. I still haven't had anyone come in that vapes and I share the ECF site with smokers who are curious about my "blue light" special-510. :D
    I also vape after rituals with the smokers. None converted yet.

5. Nighthawk

Nighthawk Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    There are a few places, but they are about an hour or more away. :( With 5 kids.... it's hard to get out for that long. The youngest is 1 1/2 and she has NO patience. lol My witchbox profile is Nighthawk Wintermoon. :) The picture is of me doing my first wedding ceremony.

6. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI
    I'm not in touch with the local pagan network here (if one does, indeed, exist...) so I can't give ya any insite.

But it sounds like a wonderful idea - the more PV's are prevailent, the more mainstream they go.

7. subperceptual

subperceptual Full Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    Every event or get together I have been present at the past several months gets a lot of questions - given the nature of our communities, that shouldn't be surprising where "different" is so common... hehehe... I haven't made any converts to date, met a few others who already vape or gave vaping a whirl... I'll get back them at some point, but for the most part anyone who talks to me about it seems very accepting and interested ....

8. pkj

pkj Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 18, 2010
    Paula in Arizona
    Haven't come across any pagans in my area either. I'm about 1hr from Phoenix and Tucson and I'm willing to bet there are gatherings there. Right now, I'm kinda' hanging out here by myself.

9. subperceptual

subperceptual Full Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    Yeah... in both are huge pagan communities ;o)

10. Nyxie

Nyxie Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 3, 2009
    Port Richey, Fl.
    I have had mixed reactions in my community but I think most are generally good reactions. I converted to vaping with one of my Pagan friends she still does and is happy about it. She converted another of our Pagan friends who vapes on and off now. She camps a lot so she is always buying smokes to use in case she runs out of battery in the woods. I personally bring all my arsenal with me when we camp but we have a pop up so I have electric to use. This other girl is at one with the woods and uses tents and does "real" camping. I like my creature comforts LOL.
    Some other Pagans (mainly the local crone LOL) I know refuse to accept these could be better and worry about the chinese poisoning all of us. Some days I try to explain DIY to those and sometimes I don't bother with them.
    I generally tell people at least I am polluting less , no field stripping cigs any more , no filters staying around for 60 yrs etc etc. and they are happy I switched but don't jump on my bandwagon to quickly.

11. spark

spark Full Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    I might be going to the Toronto Pagan Pub Moot tomorrow. If I do, I'll be sure to give you a report.

Cheers,
    Spark

12. MoonRose

MoonRose Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2010
    Indiana, USA
    There's a fairly large group of Pagans in and around the Evansville area. We have meet-ups twice a month where about a dozen or more get together at a time. So far one convert and one thinking about converting from those meet-ups and everyone else there cheering the hubby and I on at each meeting. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.