How long are Ego batteries expected to last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

labgramma

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
Denver, CO
www.ccrengines.com
Hi all! I bought an Ego kit (2 batteries, 2 atomizers, etc.) from L-F and love it. I upgraded to the tank system add-ons within a week and love that even more!My question is this: one battery will usually last me through a day. I always have one in use and one on the charger.Given this scenario, does anyone know the average lifespan of an Ego 650 MaH battery? When should I expect to buy new ones as replacements?Thanks in advance,Emily

LastoftheBreed

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2011
Oregon, USA
I wouldn't recommend keeping a battery on the charger once it's fully charged. This actually reduces it's average life-span. This goes for cell phones, laptops, pad devices, etc. as well as the PV batteries.

To give an example, my wife and I both got our smart phones at the exact same time. She charges her battery and then is on the go all the time, only plugging her phone into the charger when it drops to 1 bar left. I on the other hand am running around in a vehicle most of the day and have mine plugged into the charger most of the time and have it plugged in at home every night. (Part of my OCD nature just likes to see those full bars dangit!). In summary, after 1 year, HER phone still lasts 3 days or more on a single charge, (depending on use), while mine is lucky to go 1 full day without needing a charge. I've noticed the same trend with laptops. Keeping it plugged into a charger without letting the battery run down in between seems to make them last less time between said charging.

Did any of that make sense?...

Anyways, I make sure my batteries are charged, but once that green light flashes...it's off the charger they come (except maybe the pass-through ;) ), I want their charge life to remain as long as possible....for as long as possible. :)

* and my 650mah pass-through will last about 14 hours between chargings (though I usually have it tethered when at home)...my 1000mah lasted 2.5 days when I tested the full life on it.

Last edited:

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
I know LF warranties their eGo Batteries for 6 months. I remember reading something about recommended lifespan. Will keep looking for that info.

Don't forget to have a back-up charger on hand. You need a charger to keep that pv going.

I will be back with info and really will try to answer your question.

Paula

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
From what I can determine, an eGo 650mah battery *should / could* experience around 250 to 300 charges.

Sooner or later you will notice a decrease in vape time. You will wonder if your battery took a full charge, etc. Then you should look at replacing those batteries.

Remember: Back Ups are a GooD ThinG :)

Hope this answers your question. Others should be along shortly to add to this info.
Happy Vaping,
Paula

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I was going to ask this same question. I've had my kit for around 3 months and I've noticed that they aren't holding a charge for as long as they once did. I was thinking of ordering another kit but just ordered a neat little box mod with rechargeable batteries. I've been keeping my eGo batteries on the charger also but I'm going to start taking them off the charger once they are charged now.

Carless

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Valdosta, GA
The vendor I got my ego from (The vapor pro) included a slip of paper about best battery care.
There was a pretty involved process regarding the first charge, but for subsequent charges it was recommended that you disregard the green charge light and charge your ego batteries for three hours and then remove them from the charger.

Caddyman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Delaware USA
chaseweb.biz
I wouldn't recommend keeping a battery on the charger once it's fully charged. This actually reduces it's average life-span. This goes for cell phones, laptops, pad devices, etc. as well as the PV batteries.

shortened...

you may want to calibrate your battery if this is the case on your cell phone. most all smart phones "know" when they are full and stop charging. problem is your phones gauge and the actual charge can get off sometimes, especially when the battery is never fully depleted then charged. to calibrate this let your phone battery run down all the way until it powers down on its own. then give it a full charge overnight. you may repeat this one more time to be sure. i think you will see better battery life if you do this.

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
I started vaping in May 2009, got the Riva/eGo batts as soon as I saw them available. All my batts are still working. They could be lasting a shorter time and I'd probably not notice until it got really short. I start the day with a charged batt, carry a spare. Haven't had to switch to the spare yet until after I am home from work. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

Beez

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
I've had 3 650 ego batts for 6 weeks and 1 with the mini USB charger for 3-4 weeks. I rotate them, using 2 per day. in the last few days I have noticed a shorter batt life on some of those, today I only got maybe 2 hours on one of them. I do tend to leave them on chargers, but the life on these seems really short regardless. Anyone else have this happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread