How long are lr 306 attys lasting you guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akcrabslayer

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2010
Alaska
  • Deleted by MrNYFC
  • Reason: Posted in incorrect vendor forum

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
I can leave 901's in grain alcohol for a week with no adverse effects... on the other hand, I can't really leave my 510's in longer than a few hours without somehow compromising their effectiveness.

Where do 306's fall? Can I soak them for extended periods, or is it more of a rinse?

Thank you.

Blaro

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
New York
I ordered six LR 306 atties altogether from vaporfow.com about two weeks ago, part of their two atties and a drip tip for $20 deal, and only two of them are still working. I go through about 3 ml/ day of a mix of PG and VG juices on a Precise and a Phidias. I've been careful to keep them moist at all times, and I know what I'm doing when it comes to vaping, since I've been at it for over a year, so I don't know what the story is. Perhaps I just got a bad batch...

MrNYFC

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
New York
www.vaporflow.com
I ordered six LR 306 atties altogether from vaporfow.com about two weeks ago, part of their two atties and a drip tip for $20 deal, and only two of them are still working. I go through about 3 ml/ day of a mix of PG and VG juices on a Precise and a Phidias. I've been careful to keep them moist at all times, and I know what I'm doing when it comes to vaping, since I've been at it for over a year, so I don't know what the story is. Perhaps I just got a bad batch...

It is not advised to use these on any juice fed mod, because of the needle that physically goes into the atomizer. This can easily short the atomizer out, so it is recommended that you use the atomizer that is designed for your mod :)

J

ACM

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
It is not advised to use these on any juice fed mod...

I can't speak for the Phidias or the REO, but they work fine on the Ali'i. Also, despite the fact that they tend to contribute to switch burn out on the Wetbox, they do work on it. So to say you can't use them on "any juice fed mod" isn't totally accurate.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
They work great on the Reos. There is no needle. Also, the aluminum Reos are all mechanical; no wires. I've been using four for at least a month, in rotation, all Ciscos and two IKV for about three weeks. I like the extra wick that goes up to the top of the mesh.

I use really heavy, thick juices, mostly 100% VG, some on the sweet side. I usually have to thin them just a bit with distilled water or PGA. I can only get 24 hours or less before the atty starts getting a little clogged. So I throw them in a "dirty atty" bowl and boil several at a time, gentle boil, for 5-10 minutes.

Every 4 or so boils I'll do a very careful dryburn on them. Never ever lost any atty to dry burning.

I vape 6-10 ml a day.

Alice

Last edited:

MrNYFC

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
New York
www.vaporflow.com
I can't speak for the Phidias or the REO, but they work fine on the Ali'i. Also, despite the fact that they tend to contribute to switch burn out on the Wetbox, they do work on it. So to say you can't use them on "any juice fed mod" isn't totally accurate.

You are absolutely correct.

Rather, I should have said they are not designed to be used with juice fed mods but to be dripped on.

At the end of the day...whatever makes you happy, right? :)

J

RETUSN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Bremerton, WA

As you look at the quote in your post he didn't say "can't use" he said "it is not advised".

I have been using my 306 for about 3 weeks now, part of bridge fell off the other night while I was blowing it out. Just ordered 4 more hope they get here before I blow out my only one. I know I will not use a reg resistance atty, this Cisco has spoiled me.

Kahuna

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
San Francisco
I don't rotate. I've been using this one LR306 now for 6 weeks. I put it in a baster with the drip tip on and force warm (hottest tap temp) water thru it for 5 mins. I also let it sit in a shot glass of hot vinegar for 10 mins once every 2 weeks to remove any build up from our hard water. My last one lasted for three and a half months.

These Cisco spec LR30s are some of the most solidly built attys I have ever used. I have a couple Cisco LR 510s in my desk I'm hoping will give me the same performance and life.

ACM

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
As you look at the quote in your post he didn't say "can't use" he said "it is not advised".

The implication of the original statement was that the 306 was not suitable for juice fed mods. "Can't use" vs. "not advised" is just an issue of semantics. For what it's worth, Ryan (Kaji), the inventor of the Ali'i, specifically recommended the 306 to me as one option for use with his device when I asked him what attys worked best on it. And the 306 works fine on it. Missy, the creator of the Wetbox, advised against using ANY low resistance atomizer on her device, but did not specifically single out the 306. Because of the known switch issues on the Wetbox, I took her advice and stuck with standard 510 cartomizers. I don't know if any other juice fed mod builders ever came out and specifically advised against using the 306 on their devices. If so, then the statement should have read, "it is not advised to use these on SOME or CERTAIN juice fed mods."

Regardless, MrNYFC's subsequently revised statement that the 306 wasn't "designed" for juice boxes is entirely accurate. Juice boxes are a relatively new addition to vaping and, as such, are designed to work with existing atomizers and cartomizers. Many juice boxes were designed for use with multiple atomizers, including the 306, even though the 306 wasn't specifically designed with them in mind.

debb

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
in the nj woods
I can leave 901's in grain alcohol for a week with no adverse effects... on the other hand, I can't really leave my 510's in longer than a few hours without somehow compromising their effectiveness.

Where do 306's fall? Can I soak them for extended periods, or is it more of a rinse?

Thank you.

i don't soak mine for extended periods.....but i will soak for about an hour...rinse well and blow out excess..and let dry....jmo....but i have been using one on the reo mini for about a month....no cleaning...just blowing it out from time to time....these work well on my reo wood and jm too...not sure about extended soaking tho...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread