how long before my Kissbox breaks on me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

siggywiggy

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2008
Hi all, my Kissbox should be arriving today and I'm very excited....HOWEVER i'm very concerned because I have heard that these things break very easily and are not reliable at all (not Jaunty in particular, just e-cigs in general).

I'm worried because if it breaks, I'm looking at a week before a new one could arrive. How long can I realistically expect my new e-cig to work before it either breaks or the performance goes down?

Thanks!!

Oh...one more thing. it comes with 5 cartridges, how many should I order (I forgot to order extra)

Siggy

Psyclown

Nov 10, 2008
GA, USA
I haven't been doing this for too long, so I don't know what to tell you super long term.

I've had a Kissbox for about 2 weeks, but in that time I have spent HOURS constantly vaping it via the USB adapter because I virtually live on my laptop. I'm still on the same atomizer and it functions just as well as it did when I got it.

I've had a 901 for about a month, and have only had 1 atomizer die but that was because of some bad juice and it died within a week...so about 3 weeks now on the 2nd one with no problems. Same easy draw and copious vapor production.

As for carts, I went that route with my initial order and have since found that I much prefer topping off w/liquid. Most people on here tend to agree that it's more bang for your buck to invest in a few bottles of liquid rather than constantly replacing carts.

Hope something in there is useful. ;)

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
My first Kissbox atomiser lasted a month to six weeks (I can't remember exactly). Switches have broken for me in a matter of a week or two and I've had little battery troubles in a couple of months of use; I use the USB battery most of the time which is starting to wear at the connections.

I suggest you get a spare atomiser and manual switch for emergencies and get a USB battery or spare battery too.

If you use the USB you can use these cheap batteries: DealExtreme: $4.32 Ultra Fire 10440 3.6V 500mAh 2Pack

and this charger: DealExtreme: $12.58 Ultra Fire 10440 14500 Ac Charger

You don't even have to plug the USB cable in, just change the battery to one already charged. In the long term this works out cheaper than replacing the dedicated Kissbox batteries.

Try getting some eliquid and refilling the cartridges you get, you'll soon get an idea of whether you will need more.

Soot

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
Belfast, UK
Psyclown's experience is close to my own. I don't know what KB kit you ordered or how you're expecting to use it.

If you're hoping to use it as a replacement to smoking then you're correct to be concerned about the risk of equipment failure. Janty is more reliable than most but nothing out there is full-proof. You'd be wise to have a second atomiser, at least 2 batteries and a spare battery for the USB (it runs flat after a while). I'd say this is pretty near the minimum - the USB cable is delicate and if it breaks one battery won't do what you want.

As for cartridges - 5 should do you for 2 weeks or so if you've got e-juice. A rough guide is 2ml of juice a day. Just use the e-juice to refill the carts and wash them out from time to time.

dnakr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2008
Virginia, USA
I use my Kissbox over any of my other e-cigs. I have always loved the look and the performance. I would have to say the only real problem I have had with my Kissboxes would be the manual switch. Like Kate, the earlier versions seem to break quite easily but replacement parts were always fast. I still have my original atomizer and it is still going strong. Jeff, Ludo and Harry are awesome and if you have any problems whatsoever or any questions in general - just email them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread