How long did it take before you quit smoking analogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luv2V8p

Jun 5, 2014
Addison, IL
I am curious to know how long it took to fully kick analog cigarettes and/or get to no nicotine in your juice completely?

I have been a smoker for over twenty years and switched to e-cigs about three weeks ago. For the first three days I used analog cigs (though only about 3 a day compared to over a pack a day) as well as the e-cig, but since then I have been completely on the e-cig. I am working my way down from 1.8% nic to hopefully 0 nic and I am just wondering how long others have gone before quitting analogs or making it to 0 nic?

Just want to say that I am really excited about all of this. I have tried so many times to quit but never could. with e-cigs and vaping I really think I can finally kick the habit.

Nautiboy1279

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Ridge NY
Hello, and congratulations on quitting analogs!

Coming into the vaping world green, I went ahead worrying about getting one that LOOKED like an analog. Boy was that a bad move. All for sake of authentic analog experience you really do acquire MANY disadvantages. Due to these disadvantages, I was smoking here and there for a few weeks until I finally got a v/v device (variable voltage). The batteries last WAY longer, and provide you with the same power (and amt of nicotine) EVERY SINGLE vape you take until it tells you the battery is dead. With the analog look alikes, they degrade in nicotine delivery and power as the battery declines in voltage.

Once I went with my first v/v device, that was the last I ever smoked which was about 4 years ago. I started at 24mg, and now am down to 6.

LondonGirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2014
London, UK
I was smoking a pack a day, but stopped smoking altogether after 3 days with the e-cig.

After 3 weeks I was able to cut down from 18mg nicotine to 12mg. It's been about 2 months now, and the most recent eliquid I bought was 9-10mg. I'm aiming to cut down more gradually now, eventually getting to 0mg when I feel ready. My priority is keeping off the cigarettes, and I need nicotine to do that at the moment.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Hi Luv, and Welcome!

If you want to count from the beginning, it took 3-1/2 years (based on two failed attempts) to finally quit smoking. I probably smoked about 3 weeks once I made my current venture back to vaping. I did start with 0 nic juices, but I've found I like between 2-4mg nic. My partner vapes occasionally (was never a smoker, but vapes to curb "the munchies" late at night), and only with 0mg nic, so I get a bottle of unflavored 36mg and pop a couple of drops into my own tanks so we both can share flavors.

I'm almost 3-months smoke-free, and she's lost 10 lbs in this timeframe!

Last edited:

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
I was a 43 year PAD smoker. Got an ego650/cartomizer tank/ USA Favorite on June 1 2013. Smoked one cig (rolled out of bed grabbed a cig) before consciousness had set in. Have not had or wanted one since. After a month gave my SIL/BIL (both PAD+ smokers) 3 1/2 cartons of cigs I had on hand and an ego starter setup each. They converted to vaping and passed the cigs I had given them and their stash to other smoking friends.

Gisette

Sep 2, 2009
CT, USA
Someone's gotta be at outlier. :unsure: I took up vaping in 2009, but only quit smoking this year. Because I didn't want to quit smoking, most of all. (Like, really, really didn't want to quit smoking.) But also, the devices have come light years since then. Back when I started, you really had to be determined to quit with that equipment, and I wasn't.

Then I just didn't get around to it.

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
It took me three to four weeks because, using smoker's logic, I didn't want my last carton of cigarettes to go to waste. This worked for me, too, because it gave me time to work the kinks out of my vaping regimen and figure out what worked for me. By the time I was on my last pack, the cigs tasted horrible and I was trying to smoke them the same way I vape which only made them worse. Even when I smoked the last one, I didn't want to pressure myself: I just decided to see how long I could go without buying any more cigarettes. That was two months ago, almost to the day.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Someone's gotta be at outlier. :unsure: I took up vaping in 2009, but only quit smoking this year. Because I didn't want to quit smoking, most of all. (Like, really, really didn't want to quit smoking.) But also, the devices have come light years since then. Back when I started, you really had to be determined to quit with that equipment, and I wasn't.

Then I just didn't get around to it.

I look back on my DSE-103 or RN4081 which Held 7~9 Drops per Cart/Atty which you Attached to a 90mAh Battery and have to Laugh.

BTW - You Don't Post Much Do You.

LOL

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
smoked for 42 years. Never intended to quit smoking. started to vape and after a week I was down to ten a day. Couple weeks later I went down to 2 or 3 a day. Did one a day for a few weeks then it donged on me I just went 3 days without a smoke so I decided I would never have another smoke again as they were tasting like dirt to me by then anyways. I am now over six months smoke free and never felt better. I am still shocked when I think about it that I actually quit smoking. Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread