How Long Did It Take for You to Quit Smokin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
This topic no doubt has already been covered, but I would like to have some input so I can encourage others to try vapin. I quit with my first pull on an Evod at a vape shop. I haven't wanted an analog since. That's been 3 weeks ago. I smoked for full flavor menthol for 48 years. I started at 12mg nic and thinkin about goin to 6 already. Maybe menthol is easier for vapers to quit. So please let me know how long it took you to quit your cigs after vaping or where you are now.

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
I'm one of the lucky ones who quit immediately. I smoked 2 packs a day for over 40 years. Never would have dreamed it would be this easy, but it has been almost painless. Amazing.

I got a Blu starter kit, didn't smoke for a couple of days with it. Realized quickly that those tiny batteries wouldn't cut it, and that the refills were too expensive. I came here and did some research and went to my local vape shop. They set me up with an Ego starter set and some juice. I haven't smoked a cigarette since I started with that Blu kit, which let me know that e cigs might work for me.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I smoked almost 25 years, 1.5 pad. I was very skeptical of the ecig at first and didn't think there was a chance it would work. I thought _maybe_ I'd be able to cut down a little. To my shock I quit almost immediately. I think I had two half cigarettes the first day and one half cigarette the second day. Not so much as a craving since then. I was an accidental quitter. My first ecig was a little cigalike and I quickly moved up, not sure how things would have gone if I'd tried to stick with that little thing.

Anyway, everyone is different, as you can see from the posts here so far. Some people take months cutting down gradually. Some people stop right away.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Firstly Vapeing is not a cessation product but an alternative with great consequences hehe.

Took me about 2 seconds once I recieved my nic liquid and never looked back.

Had a smoke while filling Carto, once filled never had another smoke almost 1 year now.

GREAT consequences;) It don't seem to matter what I vape either. Even my weird tobacco concoctions. I just add a drop or 2 of banana strawberry or Kahlua and vape it anyway. Would like to have a tobacco I could diy for a sampler for my friends.

bortonia

Verified Member
Sep 12, 2013
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
For the first month, I still bought a pack of cigarettes every Friday on the way home from work (a very old habit - I'd always stock up for the weekend!). I'd smoke them all like I'd never quit and then feel like someone was standing on my chest come Saturday morning!

The breaking point came when I went to a house party and had to walk up 2 flights of stairs. I couldn't breathe, even though I'd only smoked about 5 cigarettes that day.

After that I bought a mod and that was it, no more cigarettes. I am 145 days smoke free :D

Navy20

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2014
New York State, USA
I tried several brands of e-cigs before I found the one that I received satisfaction from. After that, I finished the open pack of cigarettes I had (about eight (8) cigarettes), smoking one right after another until they were gone. I couldn't just throw them away. Have been smoke free for nine (9) months now and have no intention of returning to the "real" cigarette . . . . Big Tobacco take a hike. Pharmaceuticals, take your drugs and push real hard. I have found what satisfies me and until my home is raided by the "authorities", I shall vape, vape, vape.

Bigfro23

Verified Member
It's been on-going for me... I started w/ the BLU pack in 2009, lasted about a 2 weeks without an analog... Moved to BLU disposibles in late 2013, still smoke 12-16 analogs a day regardless.. Then moved to the EGO Mini and went completely smoke free in JAN of this year.... It was pretty easy once I found something that produced a little more vape than the BLUs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread