How Long Did It Take You?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aszure

Jul 23, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Not that my post will differ much from the rest of the folks, but it took a week or two before my mind, and body, got adjusted to vaping. Once it did, a cigarette hardly ever crosses my mind. It's actually a matter of classical conditioning. You retrain your mind to find the fix in the vaping, not the tobacco. Once you do, you never look back.

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
I do feel, however, that people who don't like to fiddle, who don't like gadgets, who want a PV that "looks just like a cigarette", are at a big disadvantage in this thing called vaping.

The fact that vaping caused me to quit smoking with almost no effort, is kinda like a 'holy grail' for those like me. :toast:
Just curious as to why you feel that those of us who don't like to fiddle are at a disadvantage? Granted, I've only been at it for a month, but I started with an eGo and then added a couple of RiVas because of the price. I got a passthrough figuring I might as well since I'm chained to my desk and I got a couple of LR atties just to see what all the hype was about. I've got about 50 sample sized of juice here but only two bottles of juice made the cut into the daily vape rotation.

The fact is, to my view, those are that are not fiddlers have a distinct advantage in getting off analogs. We're not always looking for something better, the so-called Holy Grail. We like what we've got and it is effective in keeping us off cigarettes. For me, it's as simple ordering my e-cig supplies as it was buying a carton cigarettes, so to my mind, that gives me a bit of an advantage.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Just curious as to why you feel that those of us who don't like to fiddle are at a disadvantage? Granted, I've only been at it for a month, but I started with an eGo and then added a couple of RiVas because of the price. I got a passthrough figuring I might as well since I'm chained to my desk and I got a couple of LR atties just to see what all the hype was about. I've got about 50 sample sized of juice here but only two bottles of juice made the cut into the daily vape rotation.

The fact is, to my view, those are that are not fiddlers have a distinct advantage in getting off analogs. We're not always looking for something better, the so-called Holy Grail. We like what we've got and it is effective in keeping us off cigarettes. For me, it's as simple ordering my e-cig supplies as it was buying a carton cigarettes, so to my mind, that gives me a bit of an advantage.
OK. I'm glad it's working for you, in spite of your disadvantage. :) And, as I said in the post you responded to, I've also found my holy grail ... it's the thing which pulled me away from coffin nails without any pain. That's awesome!
Seriously though, for me and many others, the hobby aspect of vaping has been a huge factor in its success. Because a lot of use are a bit OCD. If it works for you and others without getting more deeply involved, all I can say is, GREAT! :toast:
I stand corrected. With the minor observation that your first paragraph seemed a little obsessed to me.
tongue.gif
And, as I said in my post which you responded to, I've found MY holy grail in a technology which allowed me to put down a 35+ year habit with no effort. The multiple PVs weren't required for the course ... they're pleasure in the hobby. And satisfies the gadget freak in me. :D

If you can deny that vaping requires more effort than smoking you have my envy.

Congratulations on your first choice of PV, you clearly did your homework first. I wish my first PV had been an eGo/Tornado/whatever.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
I think, ultimately, it comes down to your willingness to quit.

Whether you're a tinkerer or not, you just gotta wanna quit.

I love tinkering. I DIY my own juice, I play with other models and atties...

And yet the thing that works for me is quite possibly the simplest, least fiddly PV around - a regular ole' KR8 with a regular ole' carto.

I use and enjoy other stuff - atties, LR's, etc. But my holy grail is as simple as it gets, and I actually have to find ways to tinker IN SPITE of it.

If you want to quit, and you're not a tinkerer, there's a way.

If you want to quit, and you ARE a tinkerer, there's a way.

If you don't want to quit, you won't.

Last edited:

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
If you want to quit, and you're not a tinkerer, there's a way.

If you want to quit, and you ARE a tinkerer, there's a way.

If you don't want to quit, you won't.
happy0065.gif

But, the funny thing is ... I had no conscious plans to quit smoking, until I took a drag on my first PV (KR808D-1). Seriously, the thought hadn't entered my head. Perhaps my subconscious mind had made the decision. It was, like, "OK, this will work!"
And that was the end of my life as a cigarette smoker.

Last edited:
Thanks for your answers, everyone! I actually ordered some supplies that came yesterday (a sealed battery and a drip tip) and dripped for the first time. That made my vaping experience so much better, and it wasn't bad before! I think the cartos are gone for me from now on, though.

It's interesting to see the responses, and it really is true that what works for one doesn't work for another. I am glad I found this forum and read up before I bought anything, though, that's for sure. It has been an amazing resource!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
It took me three months before I bought my first Chuck.
It took me another three weeks before I found the NHaler High Voltage RY4 and 555 juices.
It took me a total of 11 months to get my first drip tip.

I could have stopped there and been happy, but I like buying new juices just for fun.

And I'm still playing with various options for going out when I don't want to carry around my Chuck.
So I've got my eye on the Little Sister, and will probably break down and get that eventually.
:)

Last edited:

cusco

Aug 28, 2010
california
been 5 days so far here, finished my last two analogs? traditional cigs and haven't had one since. I only smoked in the evenings, a little more on weekend but haven't had the craving to smoke one in a while. I got the crown seven hydro imperial, not to be confused with the old hydro. I'm looking at johnson creek to try the eliquid refill thing possibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread