how long did it take you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willsgirlie

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Fort Meade, Maryland
How long did it take you to figure out this whole making your own stuff? I just read a bunch, watched vids, and a lot of them say they wasted a lot of stuff in the trial and error phase.. I would guess this happens whenever you make a new blend or whatever, but less and less each time? do you start to learn the stronger flavors and what would probably taste good together and what wouldn't ? I would be pretty safe using like 1 flavor right??? lol can't really mess that up huh? I want to make my own really bad... Do you save any money? just wondering, not too big a deal for me, I just wanna do it myself just for the hell of it.. Loranns the way to go? I think I am going to start picking everything up that I need, I wish there were like a starter kit lol..
Anything you didn't do in the beginning that you wish you did? or wish you would have known?
Thanks in advance for any input!

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
in the diy eliquid forum there is a lorann's strength o meter..............but between 10-20% flavor is a good place to start ..........don't think u necessarily save money, because flavored cost the same as unflavored. You just get more control and more flavors. I found it very simple, but a little messy. Just dripped all over the counter

If you order lorann's I recommend you get a 1 oz bottle of cotton candy it will fix almost any flavor that just doesn't have it.(my personal opinion of course)

Last edited:

willsgirlie

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Fort Meade, Maryland

Gee

Jun 7, 2009
UK, West London
How long did it take you to figure out this whole making your own stuff? I just read a bunch, watched vids, and a lot of them say they wasted a lot of stuff in the trial and error phase.. I would guess this happens whenever you make a new blend or whatever, but less and less each time? do you start to learn the stronger flavors and what would probably taste good together and what wouldn't ? I would be pretty safe using like 1 flavor right??? lol can't really mess that up huh? I want to make my own really bad... Do you save any money? just wondering, not too big a deal for me, I just wanna do it myself just for the hell of it.. Loranns the way to go? I think I am going to start picking everything up that I need, I wish there were like a starter kit lol..
Anything you didn't do in the beginning that you wish you did? or wish you would have known?
Thanks in advance for any input!

I first found out about vaping properly last sunday :D Yea im kinda slow :D
Gave a cheap e cig a shot, and ordered one on monday, i expect it to come this thursday. I later found out about flavours on Tuesday, wednesday time, and placed an order on VG and and Mint Choc Chip o Thursday. My Mint Choc Chip has come, just waiting for my Vg and e cig.

After my 10 carts have finished, ill just buy and smoke flavour. I dont think ill quit smoking altogether ... as you said in a previous thread theres nothing cigs + alcohol ... like a nice JD and coke, with a marlboro :D Im only on like 1 or 2 every 2 days ... i just want to kick the habit a bit, by buying an e cig.

I can tell you know, buying flavours arent that expensive ... for 3.7ml of flavour, and 100ml of VG ... total came to £6.00 ... about $10ish. I could have brought 200ml for £1, which would make the total £4 ... but i looked in the wrong section for VG, so i brought online.

lorann oils are the way to go. I havnt smoked the flavour i have yet, but i sure smells NICE :D

Gee

Jun 7, 2009
UK, West London

willsgirlie

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Fort Meade, Maryland
read the ingredients...........and lorann's actual site was very slow shipping for me (10days)
people recommend avoiding colors. I accidentally got a few colored but haven't noticed any issues with them.

Well, I wasn't doubting it had Oil in it, I just hadn't read that it was bad... (I haven't read MUCH mind you... I just got into it today)

Kona

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Kona, Hawai'i
www.gpmkona.com
it tells me "The document “Create Your Own E-Liquid.xls” could not be opened. The file is not in the right format."

Just go to googledocs.com and upload the xls file from your desktop. It will open right up for you and then you just save the link to your desktop and use it anytime. Hope that helps...

ThrashNeon

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
it tells me "The document “Create Your Own E-Liquid.xls” could not be opened. The file is not in the right format."
You should have Numbers in your Applications > iWork folder (If you haven't purchased iWork, it will be a 30-day demo, but it should still work). You can drag and drop .xls files onto Numbers and it should open right up.

I really recommend buying iWork if you can. If you can't, then you should *definitely* download NeoOffice for your Mac. (It's free):

http://www.neooffice.org

NeoOffice will open up ALL Microsoft Office documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)

ThrashNeon

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
How long did it take you to figure out this whole making your own stuff?

A lot of the info can be overwhelming.. formulas, percentages, etc.
Bah. It doesn't need to be that difficult.

Here's what I've done so far:
Got a bunch of Lorann's.
Got some unflavored nic juice.

Got a contact lens case.

1) Put 1 ML of nic juice in the case. (If you don't have unflavored nic, you can use PG or VG. If you use VG, you might thin it with distilled water. Just thin it till it's a decent consistency)

2) Added a couple of drops of lorann's

Dipped the atomizer of my 401.

Vaped.

If it was weak tasting, added one more drop of lorann's.

That's it.

If I like the flavor (Blackberry is great ), I'll just use this recipe and make more. If it's nasty, I haven't wasted much.

So far I'm using like 3 or 4 drops of lorann's to 1mL of unflavored nic juice. Easy as can be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread