• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

How long did yours take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabricator4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Mackay, Qld. Australia
I've got a bottle of nicotine coming from China, DHL. About $10 for 300ml. It took an hour or two to go from the supplier to the DHL facilities at Shanghai airport, and now it's been sitting there with a DHL tracking message of "Clearance Delay". W T F ?

Update:
The package sat in Shanghai waiting for "clearance" for about a week. Possibly, it's one of the setups they've got for pre-approved Australian clearance. This seems it may be the case since the package then moved slowly through the DHL system to Hong Kong, and then said it had left the Hong Kong facility. Before I even knew it had landed in Oz for sure it was being handed to me. One week in Shanghai with "clearance delay", then a total time before it was handed to me of 9 days.
:vapor:

Ewunia

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Australia
I get mine from Health Cabin (China), with DHL it takes consistently less than a week. I recommend LIqua line of liquids, professionally packed and labelled. I had bad experience with one NZ company, not in terms of length of delivery, but quality of packaging. One bottle came without a label. The wouldn't replace without sending them back the faulty product (despite receiving a very clear photo). I didn't, it made no sense cost-wise. I simply don't use them anymore.

fabricator4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Mackay, Qld. Australia
What's the source? $10 for 300ml is pretty cheap

http://www............/shopping/products/20-E-Liquid-Bases/

Leave some for me hey guys! :p

Edit: Damn format bot ate the URL try:
e-cig dot com /shopping/products/20-E-Liquid-Bases/

Came in a brown plastic bottle with no C-P cap, labelling is OK but I wrote the date I received it on the label because there's no other indication of manufacturing date etc. If appearance is anything to go by this is a quality concentrate - it's crystal clear and no sediment, gunk, or in fact anything that shouldn't be in there. I don't have a nicotine titration test kit but I have no doublt the nic content is as advertised - I bought 24mg/ml of "best mix 1" which I thought was 50/50 PG/VG because it was my first DIY adventure and I wanted to be extra safe. Turns out it might actually be 80/20 because when I dilute it with PG only, the vapour production seems less than Aussie Blue nicotine liquids which I believe are 80/20. I'm just going to buy 48mg/ml in 100% PG next time and do it myself. They also do PG400 if you need this alternative as well as PG and VG.

The satchel had the documents marked up as "vegetable glycerine" and sat in customs in Shanghai for a week. DHL tracking was very good but it was frustrating looking at it. DHL transport also cost more than twice the cost of the nic concentrate, but there's no helping that I guess - I think it still beat postal by three or four days, and there wouldn't be any real tracking on postal. Once the package cleared Shanghai the transport was very quick - two more days and I had it in my hands.

Just to ease the pain of paying more than twice in shipping than what I was paying for the product I added a few other things. A couple of disposable cigalikes (emergency e-cigs! < $3 ea) which I haven't used, an Ego zipper case ($4!!!!) which I use every day, and some concentrates with the same 'Liq' brand as the nicotine base which are so concentrated I use very sparingly. I get the impression that the flavour concentrates might be a bit hit or miss, but they are definitely highly concentrated, worth the money, and you can buy these in *much* larger bottles than concentrates from other suppliers if you so wish. I tried the Vanilla Bourbon and it's so concentrated I'm using it at the rate of one or two drops /10ml as a flavour smoother but it steeps down to nearly nothing at this concentration. I'll definitely be getting more concentrates with my next order, but I'll also be sticking with FA, TPA, and Cappella from Vaping Cobra because they are just down the road from me and I get next day postal. (Vaping cobra also do great prices on batteries, tanks and atties, etc).

A word of warning on the nic concentrates: Liq do not have a 100mg/ml nic concentrate which appears popular in the states. They DO have a 100% (actually 99.9%) which is obviously not the same thing. I managed to stop one guy from India buying the 999mg/ml product because he didn't know the difference, and therefore probably didn't know enough to keep from killing himself and his family. Also, while I'm sure the Chinese company would quite happily send you 100% nic, Australian customs may not be as thrilled with your purchase. The highest standard concentration that the Liq nicotine comes in is 48mg/ml which is fairly safe to use with all appropriate basic precautions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread