How long do most people steep their juices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lombaowski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
DC via the 313
You can vape 100% right out of the mail. The more complex flavors and the tobaccos need steeping depending on the % of vg v pg, and also depending on the vendor. I usually let tobaccos steep 2-3 weeks, complex juices that don't have tobacco for about 7-10 days. I usually drip them all after leaving the cap off for 24-48 hours, just to see what they are like. Then after the steeping time I think they need, drip again. Some juices seem to get better with even more than two weeks, Boba's Bounty and HHV Heavenly Tobacco are two such juices IMO.

ardvaark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
You can vape 100% right out of the mail. The more complex flavors and the tobaccos need steeping depending on the % of vg v pg, and also depending on the vendor. I usually let tobaccos steep 2-3 weeks, complex juices that don't have tobacco for about 7-10 days. I usually drip them all after leaving the cap off for 24-48 hours, just to see what they are like. Then after the steeping time I think they need, drip again. Some juices seem to get better with even more than two weeks, Boba's Bounty and HHV Heavenly Tobacco are two such juices IMO.

+1 ^

I have myself been discovering the benefits of steeping. I thought it was a bunch of hogwash at first until I started doing it and seeing the benefits first hand.:facepalm:
Like was already mentioned, some juices require more time than others and then also some juices change a lot while others take on only a subtle change. Whatever the case though, the results are almost always VERY positive. I've never myself seen a juice get worse over time.

Best of luck to you on your journey!

Peter

MadOtis

Verified Member
Oct 16, 2013
Georgia
Thanks for the info! I just ordered 5 samples from Vapor Chef and figured it would take 3-4 weeks to even try them, then another 3-4 weeks when I ordered any that I like! All are fruity-flavored and 70/30 PG/VG, so since they lack tobacco, I may be able to cut the frustrating wait-time down to a week or two? I have plenty of cola, french vanilla, and belgian waffle to hold me over until then; I'm just not very patient. :)

MadOtis

Verified Member
Oct 16, 2013
Georgia
To make it easier for my favorite flavors I reorder them a few weeks before I'm going to need them. This way I am not waiting for my favorites to steep.... They will be ready when I need them.

I plan on doing just that... my problem is I'm so new to true vaping and am just now starting to build up my pantry of favorite flavors. I'm ordering lots of sample sizes find the right ones for me and wife; I'd just do myself (and the juice) an injustice if I rejected a flavor just because it hadn't fully developed enough to taste it's best.

jwag1973

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
Saint Louis, MO.
Until you start discovering what you really like, you won't know. Just as we all like different flavors, we are bound to like them at different stages. I've received juices ready to vape right out of the mailbox, the same juice on a different order took a week or two! Let you taste buds answer that question, but most agree @ two weeks is ideal.

kittybite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Portland, OR
Some vendors pre-steep their liquids, which is why I've become such a fan of Halo (I'm impatient - it's my only flaw :p). With that said, I have tried other juices that require steeping, and will say they've gotten much better with age. A truly prudent, or impatient, person might get some of both. I've also heard that exposing e-liquid to air oxidizes the nicotine, which is why I steep with caps on. There are lots of methods recommended here, though, so do what you're comfortable with. Just know that there are vendors whose liquids you can vape right out of the mail, and you won't notice much (if any) of a flavor change over time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread