How long do you inhale when you vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazmonkey

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2013
Oakland, CA
Most people, it seems, draw with their mouth instead of their lungs.

I did it like you are, straight to the lungs for the throat hit, when I started. After a month or so the focus went from getting the most sensation out of it to the most flavor.

I have no idea what a "normal" time is to draw in a puff. It's very, very variable, the same way a stressed out smoker might take long, aggressive hits off a cigarette, but a calm morning smoker would take lighter, shorter draws.

If it works, keep doing it :)

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
Are you inhaling into your lungs directly, or are you pulling the vapor into your mouth?

To my understanding nicotine is absorbed better by throat, mouth & sinuses then the lungs so it would be better to avoid inhaling all together.

7+ seconds I'd say on average, slow and long is what I do. Pull it into my mouth, inhale a tiny bit (only to get it to my throat) and then exhale through my nose and/or mouth.

Reactions: Tinka1

ioftenshave

Mar 13, 2013
Philippines
Are you inhaling into your lungs directly, or are you pulling the vapor into your mouth?

To my understanding nicotine is absorbed better by throat, mouth & sinuses then the lungs so it would be better to avoid inhaling all together.

7+ seconds I'd say on average, slow and long is what I do. Pull it into my mouth, inhale a tiny bit (only to get it to my throat) and then exhale through my nose and/or mouth.

I used to block my throat with my tongue and just do a weird anorexic kissy face, but then my tongue would taste like .... and i'd get no throat hit, so.. I'd say what im doing now is considered directly into my lungs.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Slow pull 3-6 seconds. Pull into the mouth as if sucking on a straw in a milkshake, hold in the mouth temporarily, and then inhale. Exhale through your mouth and nose. Doing this will allow your sense of smell to help your damaged sense of taste (years of smoking) to recognized and enjoy your flavors.

Reactions: Tinka1

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Somebody talked me in to hitting like they do that roll your own other stuff. Is that what some people do with vape? It's not good that way to me. I inhale a kind of half way and let it out smothly. I used to be overly carefully trying to keep in the mouth and nose area, slow but now I just do it comfortable because I've reduced my nicotine need to be had in vape because I started a snus and snuff regime to support my non smoking. I'm one of those that needs WTAs. Or otherwise reffered to as synergistic blend of the whole tobacco product or I get wired agitated vape even more then end up thirsty and dry mouthed etc... Well, I still get thirsty. I'm vaping less nic mg strength. I'm headed to 12 I think to maintain throat hit or sty at 18 since I've calmed down a lot. I do vape WTA but I really can't afford too full time and I got spoiled but worried about FDA. I'm not too worried about them anymore. Maybe because I got it covered now. I keep it low use. The snus forum stuff made me realize I really am getting by on below average to low. Want to keep it healthy like and not stain my teeth or recess my gums. Nasal snuff is less problematic. But back th hit. Why would anyone vape like they were toking? It's not pleasant and straight to lungs is missing the points, nose and mouth. Or did I read it wrong?

retrox

Flavor Chaser
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
NC, USA
My technique seems to be very similar to PBusardo's, if you're familiar with his youtube videos. I like VG-heavy juice, so I'm in the habit of a 2-3 second "primer" pull to get the juice wicking, then a quick inhale, then exhale through the nose while filling my mouth with another 4-5 seconds worth of vapor. I pull that into my lungs and then immediately exhale through mouth and/or nose.

I never, ever "hot-box" vapor. Waste of good juice, IMO.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
This is exactly right. As soon as it gets to be warm and the flavor goes the throat hit changes I put it down and pick up a cool one. Get spoiled by that good flavor hit. Been enjoying a premade. First time in awhile, Mango 18 mg. it hits good in a tank carto and doing I in eroll it's a good one. By Moon something from a B and M somewhere central USA Got free when i bought a mod on the classifieds. Just Mango is all it seems to be. I need to try a DIY and don't have mango! Arrrrgh. I thought I was done shopping!

QUOTE=retrox;8985451]My technique seems to be very similar to PBusardo's, if you're familiar with his youtube videos. I like VG-heavy juice, so I'm in the habit of a 2-3 second "primer" pull to get the juice wicking, then a quick inhale, then exhale through the nose while filling my mouth with another 4-5 seconds worth of vapor. I pull that into my lungs and then immediately exhale through mouth and/or nose.

I never, ever "hot-box" vapor. Waste of good juice, IMO.[/QUOTE]

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Slow pull 3-6 seconds. Pull into the mouth as if sucking on a straw in a milkshake, hold in the mouth temporarily, and then inhale. Exhale through your mouth and nose. Doing this will allow your sense of smell to help your damaged sense of taste (years of smoking) to recognized and enjoy your flavors.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^What he said. I don't inhale my vape . I just taste and savor the flavor.

BlackChad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2011
Back In Mesa
How long do I inhale? As long as it takes. I inhale to my lungs directly. When I feel like I have enough I exhale through nose/mouth. I honestly feel like I get more flavor that way. If I just cigar inhale... IDK doesn't feel right to me. Plus I dont like making weird faces while I vape like I see some people doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread