The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How long do your batteries stay charged for the ProVari?

Discussion in 'ProVape' started by Nathanial, Dec 13, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Nathanial

Nathanial Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2011
    Michigan
    I got my unit yesterday, and I've been vaping a little harder than normal, at 5.4 volts. I've had it for about 27 hours now, and my battery reading is display 3.7, so I'm still rocking the same battery!

I'm using the AW IMR 18650 batteries, 1600 mAh.

What's your experience like?

2. Mikey3

Mikey3 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2011
    Monmouth County NJ
    I had the 18650's vaping at 3.7 and they lasted maybe 5-7 hours. Was not happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Nathanial

Nathanial Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2011
    Michigan
    Wow, sounds like there isn't something right with your batteries..

I'm still vaping on the same batteries now. Getting a reading of 3.6

4. aziffel

aziffel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2010
    nc
    At 4v my AW 18650's last around 15 hrs(~3.5mls) or 1 tankful.It works out purty good,refill carto tank,replace battery

5. Fazed

Fazed Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2011
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Mine are getting old, but I am getting 4-5 hours out of my 18490s and 6-7 hours out of my 18650. They won't even charge all the way to 4.2v anymore. Best I can get is 4.1. I've got more coming, and had these since March. I vape the Provari 14-16 hours a day, heavy, around 4.8-5.4 V.

Sent via cellular communication device...

6. MrAftrmth

MrAftrmth Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 19, 2011
    LosAngeles
    anyone charge batteries in cycles or do you guys wait til the unit blinks before switching batteries?

7. otrpu

otrpu Account closed on request Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2010
    Colorado
    While on my weekend, around the house, I switch when it starts to blink. If I go out anywhere I load a fully charged batt and place the partially discharged batt on the charger. JMHO

Cheers,
    otrpu

8. -GR-

-GR- Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 29, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    The other day I decided to see how long one of the Provape 2500's would last me. I hate carrying extra batteries which is why it took me a while to try this. The first day I just had my provari and the 2500 bat. I put the bat in that morning at 6am and went to work with just a spare atomizer. The second day I grabbed an extra battery just in case along with the spare atomizer.

Never had to change the bat and it lasted me till the next morning when I took my normal morning vape. Then the light started blinking so I swapped them out. So I got a good 48 hours out of it.

I want to test one of the AW 18650 1600mah batteries at some point to see how long one of those will last me. I know it will last me at least a full day and in to the next but I haven't run one all the way yet.

I normally pull my battery out of the provari at night and put it in line to be charged and grab a fully charged bat in the morning. I don't like to charge when I am not around or while sleeping.

9. Blue stream

Blue stream Full Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Mexico
    Can the high drain AW IMR 18650 batteries I got from Provape be charged at intervals? Say I begin charging them at home, unplug them and then finish the charge at the office several hours later. Would this harm them? Do they have to be fully discharged before recharging? Ijust got my first Pro Vari last week and have many doubts on what can and can't be done with these big batteries.

10. conan

conan Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2011
    USA
    You can begin charging them at home and finnish them at the office if you wish. They do not need to be fully discharged before recharging. In fact it is better to not let them fully discharge before recharging (according to battery university).

11. -GR-

-GR- Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 29, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    The only thing that would make me not want to charge, pull off and then charge again until full capacity is I wonder if it would count towards the amount of charging cycles you will get out of the battery? I know it won't hurt the performance of the battery because lithium batteries don't share the same memory characteristics as NiMH batteries do.

12. ambientech

ambientech Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 27, 2011
    somewhere
    I vape about 3mls a day at 4.8v and 1 18490 battery last me a day. I switch out right before bedtime just about every day.

13. ambientech

ambientech Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 27, 2011
    somewhere
    Lithium cells benefit from not discharging deeply or fully charging them. If you only charge to 4.15v and only discharge them 80% you are rewarded with more cycles. So no charging them more often will not hurt at all. They also don't like to be stored fully charged so if your not going to use them for a few day's or more discharge them to 50%.

14. Shel

Shel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Something definitely isn't right!

This is much more like the type of results I've been getting, and I've had the ProVari since it's release. My 18490's seem to be losing their charge more quickly then in the past, but hey... I've been using them pretty heavily for nearly a year!

I use my 18650 batteries much less frequently, simply because I find the shorter ones last me all day, and I prefer the shorter size of the ProVari when using the shorter batteries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.