How long do your cartomizers/cartridges last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesikaBeth

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2011
Houston, TX
www.facebook.com
I have 2 e-cigs, the smoke51 Trio (uses cartridges) and the vEppo510 (uses cartomizers) I am *very* happy with them both, but I was curious as to how long your cartridges/cartomizers last. I am finding mine last about 2 days (give or take). It's my understanding it depends on how much you use it, and when I was smoking ciggies I was about a pack to a pack and a half a day smoker. Does this sound about right? Thanks :vapor:

Momster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I use cartomizers unless I'm dripping, so I can't answer for cartridges. If you're buying pre-filled cartomizers, they will last a little more than a day if they're filled really well. If you're filling your own, which I highly recommend for your enjoyment and your pocketbook, then you can get a week or longer out of a single cartomizer as long as you keep the filling wet (topping off with a couple of drops every few hours or so). I have a few cartos right now that I've been using for a couple of weeks and there's been very little change in the vapor I get out of them. I also use clear juices at 80%/20% PG/VG ratio. Darker and thicker juices will foul the atomizer in the carto more rapidly than thinner and clearer juices.

I hope I've helped. If you need more advice, please ask! :)

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Sounds about right with the smoke51 Trio. Honestly, I'm really not a fan of it. Really hated carts since they leaked and gave sub-par performance. On top of it all, the atomizer was expensive as hell to replace along with extra carts.

Tried it 3 yrs ago and ultimately, I went back to smoking cigs. Only if I knew about the ECF then....probably would've been a vet by now LOL

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Let see..
I use Boge LR cartom on Ego battery and they last about 2 weeks with 3 ot 4 refill a day: low resistance cartoms use more liquid.

I also use Boge LR cartos. Sometimes I can go a week on one if I use 100% PG juice. A little 70pg/30vg can kill one quickly in my experience. 60vg/40pg can result in a carto change a day. I'm not a fan of 100% PG in other atomizer types because it tends to be harsher than a mix. I like smooth and tasty as opposed to heavy throat hit, but I can vape 100% PG in a Boge carto and have no issues.

CountVapula

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2011
MA
what ive experienced is that cartomizer life varies alot depending on juice. i havent been using cartomizers for that long, i was dripping with attys for a year before i switched last month. i cant comments om how often cartos need to be refilled because ive only used them with a tank (which is the main reason i switched and i have to say its been the best vaping experience ive had so far). so far ive used boge lr cartos and the ccv/smoktek resurrectors. the boges performed great with a clearer juice, but with dark juices or even just somewhat dark juices, they would be useless after 2 days, the draw gets so stiff, flavor suffers. with the resurrectors so far, im still on the first one and its still performing great, even after ive ran 2 pretty thick somewhat dark juicees through it.

JTman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
SE Michigan
I'm finding the really dark and or very sweet vapes tend to clog up my Boge Cartos pretty quick, usually 2-5 days before the draw is too tight to be enjoyable. With lighter nic liquids I can get a good 1-2 weeks befor changing it out. I will also note that there does seem to be a bit of variation in the acutal hardware itself. I'm vaping up some Bluemist coffe 'n cream right now and my carto had to be changed on day 2, now this carto is still going strong and its on day 4. Just saying, not all cartos are made equal, even from the same package.

Edit: Basically what CountVapula said! I am also finding that the resurrectors (smoketech 1.7) seem to handle the dark juices better.

Last edited:

DaBatMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Wayne Manor
I've used the boge LR 2ohm cartos and found that one would last me for perhaps 5-7 days. I must disclose that this was during my first week as a vapor so not everything was done perfectly, (dripping down the air hole and over filling the carto = bad).

I've since orded a 2nd pack of the boge cartos and my new juice supply arrived today so I can't wait to get home. One reason is because I haven't been able to vape for the last two days and the other reason is that I found out about the condom cap filling technique for cartos. I think I'll get more milege out of my cartos using this technique.
A PBusardo Tutorial : Filling Boge 510 Cartomizers - YouTube

Oh... BTW, I'll be placing an order for the mega dual coil cartomizer to go on my eGo batt soon. The ever evolving world of vape...

Last edited:

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
When I first started vaping I used carts and they only lasts about an hour before I had to refill them. I replaced the white filler with blue foam and got a little better mileage but still not very long. I use all diff kinds of cartos now and they last anywhere between 3 hrs to 2-3 days. The Boges 2.0 would last about 3 hrs and the EMDCC would last 2-3 days before refilling. All of my cartos last months because I rotate them out with different flavors in each. So I have no idea how long they get used before I through them out. But I clean and reuse all my cartos to get the most for my money. This system works great for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread