How long do your coils last on your sub-ohm tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
Not sure if this is the right sub-forum or not...but for those of you who own sub-ohm tanks, such as the Aspire Atlantis, or the Horizon Arctic, I'd like to know how long your coils last on average.

Being that I have OCD, and that I generally like to keep track of stats of various things, I have a log where I write down the date of when I replace coils for my tanks.

I've found that for both my Aspire Atlantis, and my Arctic , I replace the coils every 8-12 days on average.

The shortest time I've had to replace a coil was 7 days. The longest I've gone without having to replace a coil is 18 days (of daily vaping).

However, 8 to 12 days seem to be the sweet spot. This is of daily vaping, between both devices. I have NO idea how much e-liquid I run through each tank before replacing, that is harder to keep track for me. I'd guess anywhere from 12-25mL of liquid.

I'm curious if my results are normal, and what results you guys have come up with. I'm also curious if you guys have had better experience with different sub ohm tanks? Do some coils designs last longer?

I know on my Kayfun, before the subohm tanks came out, I was replacing the cotton every 1-2 tanks!

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Not sure if this is the right sub-forum or not...but for those of you who own sub-ohm tanks, such as the Aspire Atlantis, or the Horizon Arctic, I'd like to know how long your coils last on average.

Being that I have OCD, and that I generally like to keep track of stats of various things, I have a log where I write down the date of when I replace coils for my tanks.

I've found that for both my Aspire Atlantis, and my Arctic , I replace the coils every 8-12 days on average.

The shortest time I've had to replace a coil was 7 days. The longest I've gone without having to replace a coil is 18 days (of daily vaping).

However, 8 to 12 days seem to be the sweet spot. This is of daily vaping, between both devices. I have NO idea how much e-liquid I run through each tank before replacing, that is harder to keep track for me. I'd guess anywhere from 12-25mL of liquid.

I'm curious if my results are normal, and what results you guys have come up with. I'm also curious if you guys have had better experience with different sub ohm tanks? Do some coils designs last longer?

I know on my Kayfun, before the subohm tanks came out, I was replacing the cotton every 1-2 tanks!

On average I think 2-3 weeks is about right if it is the main tank you are using. Some of the coils from the Crown and TFV4 have lasted the longest for me. Seven days is about right on the low end. You can always have a bad batch of any brand.

Last edited:

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
My OCD thinks that amount of juice ran through them would be a better calculation...someone might vape 5 ml a day and someone else 10 ml...but...someone might vape 10 ml at 50 watts, and someone else might vape 10 ml at 10 watts... all does different things to the coil.

and then different kinds of juice come in play...when I vape unflavored, my cotton/coils last FOREVER, but I have some really sweet fruity juice where I dry burn/rewick daily.

I don't use stock coils very often, so I'm not much help. and now I'm just rambling....sorry. lol

Reactions: David Wolf

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
Subtank, I use the RBA section and coils lasted me 5 months. Just swap out the cotton. Premade coils on the other hand last anywhere from 1-3 weeks for me. It is all juice and over powering dependent. Sweeter, darker and over powering on accident lead to the one week mark. Lighter and less sweet lead to the 3 week mark. :) Hope this helps. Yes your findings seem normal and I see it as the same with any coil and tank for that matter. Anywhere from a Kangertank EMOW to a Kanger SubTank, I get the same results.

pfaber11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
england
I've had my arctic tank two weeks and two days and I'm still on the same coil. I'm running it at 0.5 ohms at 35 watts and am using about 7ml a day. The coil is still going fine. My juice is cut with glycerin at 50 50 mix was 18 mg now 9 mg. It's Virginia tobacco flavour and is clear in colour. I think the juice gap a lot to do with it.

leekeylee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Hull, UK
Subtank mini, rebuilt the stock coils to 0.5ohm using nichrome 80 26 gauge and japanese cotton, using aprox 10ml a day running a fruity home made 50/50 juice at 25w I would get about 2 weeks before I rebuild it.

Just got an iJust 2 using the stock 0.3 ohm parallel coil, 38w juice consumption has gone up to easily 15ml a day again 50/50 fruity home made juice, after a week I have just rebuilt the stock coil as I like to "play" but the stock coil looked fine when I pulled it out and would have easily done another week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread