Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining Wit

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
North of England UK
www.flavourart.co.uk
I heard that the Joye 510 atomizers don;t last as long and I don;t want to be replacing them every couple of months. So with that being said how long will the atomizer on the m401 typically last?

How long have you heard that 401s last? Typically I can get between 2-4 months from an EVO vaporiser using only ECOpure with minimal maintenance. I do not use it as much as when I was on nicotine so I would say 8+ weeks is probably typical. It depends on how much use/abuse it comes in for and vaporisers are seen as consumables. As for not wanting to have to change every two months......good luck with that one.
John

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I abuse my atties quite a bit and i don't do any maintenance. If it drops in performance to the point that it doesn't satisfy anymore, i dump it away.

With this being said, mine can last easily 8 weeks on average. There are some that lasts much longer and some a little short so i'd say 8 weeks is a pretty good average.

I've had bad experiences with 510 atties. Two of the atomiser that came with the kit lasted less than a week. They were not dead. If they were, it could be just a case of bad luck that i got a bad batch. They just went from 100% to less than 50%. This was not acceptable and it went to the dumpster.

Bjorn Toulouse

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Glasgow
Atties are wierd things, some last ages some just don't

on the whole I don't buy multi packs or buy where the postage rate meens you cant send them back. Always buy atties where there is a months guarantee, it takes anywhere between 1 day to 4 days to break them in so its good to have 4 weeks grace on a return.

401 atties on the whole last longer than 510 atties I have had some produce for months, saying that the last one I bought only lasted 6 weeks:-x

510 atties (I have had 12 since July/August only one works just now and its 3 weeks old) dont last very long at all (expecialy the multi pack ones, wont buy them again).

WarrLordd

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
510 attys are juice whores :-o so therefore they go bad quickly if you don't maintain them properly..401's are much easyer and standard to cleaning. So reason most last long. Reason in say so the 510's are hidden around a plastic so it's hard to get to the coil. And when cleaning u need to either dump the entire thing into whatever liquid you try to clean it with.. Reason most try to dry burn... But seeing how the m401's is opened out to clean you can do it many way.. I prefer dipping into hot water/ follow by a dry burn after it's dry then a dip again... Never let the end where the battery connect get wet.. This can cause the atty to either die or malfunction.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
I have to disagree Warrlord. I originally bought a M401 the first atty died in 2 weeks, I had bought 2 more before this one died and they each lasted a week. Being new to PV I had a really good cleaning ritual. During that 3 weeks I bought a used 510 off the forum. 3 months later I'm still using the same atty and punishing it with my mod ideas, and never cleaning. My girlfriend also is using the 510's we got, she cleans and swaps a couple times a week. Don't get me wrong, I love my M401 and I still use it. In fact I just got some new atties a day or two ago but the 510 atties are very hard to kill.

Also the coil of the atty in both PV's are surrounded by a porcelain pot. The 510 is recessed in the metal shield but not surrounded by any type of plastic shield. Are you referring to the bridge that protrudes from the atty?

Last edited:

WarrLordd

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Yes sorry my mistake... I also bought a second hand 510 from the forums and first day i got it... it went dead i was like omg :( even tho it was a new atty... Am not saying 510 is a bad thing...But am happy with the 401 up till last night i was vaping in the dark with it and was spazzing out..Almost felt like sex or smoking weed (lolz) But i was getting great troat hits... For 2 drops of liquid in my 401 i got atleast 6-7 great troat hits. (meaning thoese one that makes you feel like your heart stopped).. I won't compare it much but when i first got the used 510 i hard get that troat hit. And yea i practice alot to finally know how to control my troat hits with e-cig (any model)....But looking at the 510 how there's a shell around the atty am thinking it's just hard to clean... Well i did have a extra bit of money so i ordered a new 510 kit from heaven gifts so hopefully i could compare them both better this time.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
I just dropped my trusty atty (that has shown no signs of quitting for 1.5 months and counting) today for the second time in two days. It crushed the wick to the ceramic piece but still seems to be working for the moment...I'm guessing it won't wick a cartridge as well now that it's 'squished' and bent a little around the ceramic dome. Oh well, I mostly dip anyway. What a testament that it still works though.

Wish I wasn't so clumsy! I'm guessing I'm not alone in this.

Last edited:

geobuzz

Jul 1, 2009
I bought two complete cigs in both the EVO and 510 from Innovapor back in June 09 (i noticed they are no longer selling the evo). Anyhow, i switch between the two, vaping the EVO during the day and the 510 at night (club dj). I was actually on the forums looking for a manual battery for the EVO (better flavor/doesn't burn through juice like 510) when i came across this thread.

Soooo, I am STILL on the FIRST atomizer for both of them - 7 months later... I never clean them, and have only used Ecopure juice in both. I am actually about to start trying other flavors for the first time. I wanted to repeat that many on these forums have said that the juice has a lot to do with cartridge life, so I just thought I would be relevant to share my experience...

ps, I am still getting great vapor production!

happyonnic

Jan 24, 2010
indy
I bought two complete cigs in both the EVO and 510 from Innovapor back in June 09 (i noticed they are no longer selling the evo). Anyhow, i switch between the two, vaping the EVO during the day and the 510 at night (club dj). I was actually on the forums looking for a manual battery for the EVO (better flavor/doesn't burn through juice like 510) when i came across this thread.

Soooo, I am STILL on the FIRST atomizer for both of them - 7 months later... I never clean them, and have only used Ecopure juice in both. I am actually about to start trying other flavors for the first time. I wanted to repeat that many on these forums have said that the juice has a lot to do with cartridge life, so I just thought I would be relevant to share my experience...

ps, I am still getting great vapor production!

Shawn@litecigsusa.net carries manual 401 batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread