How long to cartomizers last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelphie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
S.E. Michigan
How long before the atty in the cartomizer needs replacment on light to med. use?

And how long does the juice in the cartos last before it needs refilling?

I want to purchase one for someone but I dont know how many cartos to get with my kit.

Thanks!

OH YES, I forgot,...where can I find a great price on this unit?

Edit... Refering to the 808

Last edited:

Firefly13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Oklahoma, USA
www.blackvelvetjuice.com
You don't replace the atomizer in the cartomizers, they are all disposable. That is the beauty of them, you don't need to maintain them, they are made to just be vaped and tossed, personally to me realistically they last last between 10-15 cigarettes each if you're taking big long drags, they last a lot longer if you just take small hits. If you want to penny-pinch you can vape them down and keep topping them up with some juice till the cartomizer doesn't wanna vape good, you can just drip a few drops at a time into the battery connector end and keep them going for a few refills.

Zelphie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
S.E. Michigan
You don't replace the atomizer in the cartomizers, they are all disposable. That is the beauty of them, you don't need to maintain them, they are made to just be vaped and tossed, personally to me realistically they last last between 10-15 cigarettes each if you're taking big long drags, they last a lot longer if you just take small hits. If you want to penny-pinch you can vape them down and keep topping them up with some juice till the cartomizer doesn't wanna vape good, you can just drip a few drops at a time into the battery connector end and keep them going for a few refills.

Yes that is what I was refering to. I know the atty is not seperate but in one unit.... atty & cart= carto. Just wanted to get an idea of how long till it needs replacing. Thanks you.

basilray

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Minneapolis
www.youtube.com
There will be a LOT of variance in how long a cartomizer lasts from user to user. The kind of juice used will also factor into this. Thicker juices tend to gunk up a cartomizer faster, because they don't wick as well.

I would say the average cartomizer was lasting me 2 weeks on a standard 510 battery. Some more, some less. Not all cartomizers are created equal, even if they came from the same box. Some will burn up faster.

People get fanatic about it, and rinse cartomizers to make them last longer, so that's always an option.

BOTTOM LINE: Keep the filler in your cartomizer nice and moist, and you should get plenty of life out of a cartomizer! If it begins to taste burnt, you've vaped it too much. Top of right away, or it will be no good.

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
A newbie will likely burn some cartomizers in the beginning - it takes a while to get the hang of when it's time to switch or top off. Signs that a carto is near the end are a drop-off in flavor, perhaps accompanied by an increase in vapor, or else a burnt taste. New vapers often can't make these taste distinctions until their taste buds start working better. So better off to get some extras to start with.

oettinger

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
Tampa, Fl.
I also get concerned about the possibility of them harboring germs in the filler and have some of the E2 cartos coming to try out.

Since Propylene glycol is used as an antibacterial in hospitals, I dont think germs and suck are a problem, PLUS MOST viruses and germs do not survive above
180F, and attys get hotter than that, I do not see a bacteria, germ or virus problem with cartomizers.

Especially compared to the arsenic, and strychnine in regular cigarettes.

ACM

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
I've only been using cartos for about a month. I have a Wetbox, so I don't need to drip or refill them, so I can't speak to how long they last in terms of juice consumption. But as far as functionality goes, I have yet to get one to last more than 3 days. After then, the vapor production drops off so much, and the throat hit along with it, that it's pretty much useless to me. They still work, but nowhere near as well as on day one.

mn shutterbug

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
Marshall, MN - USA
I'm actually on day 7 of one right now. I do believe it makes a difference where the cartos come from. The last couple weeks or so, I've been using filled cartos from Good Prophets and having excellent luck. I also run a bent paper clip thru the battery end every couple refills. Thru a tip from another member, that seems to help unplug it if it has any .... in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread