How long were you vaping before getting a Provari? What made you decide to take the plunge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I ask this because I see a lot of posters that seem to have been at this for not too long have one.

I decided to get one in about my first 30 days of trying my first e-cig. I just wanted to think on it for a little bit.

My reason I was trying too many things in too short of a period of time and decided to get better than I think I need rather than keep buying stuff that I thought was not good enough after trying it.

Mine arrives Monday and my hope is it will be all the home based device I will feel the need for.

Last edited:

Hello World

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2012
Vancouver
1 month.

I wanted the ZAP, and the Provari came with it as a consistent looking single package.

Same reason I bought a mod for the eVic to match with the AGA-T2.

Can't stand the cobbled-together look.

DSCN5410-8.jpg

Last edited:

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
About 8 months. I started w/ an ego clone kit, then bought a Mad Vapes VV box mod to see if I'd like VV. Not long after that Twists came out, so I bought a few. Once I realized the limitations of my gear, I ordered a ProVavi.

Since then, I've bought a Vamo (Chrome v.1) to try out VW, an MVP, an Electric Angel mechanical mod, and a SS sigelei ZMax. I've ordered & paid for a CVI and an AFPV hybrid as well. If I like the CVI, then I'll either sell of PIF the Vamo. Not that I don't like it, it's just a big chrome monstrosity compared to the others. :)
I'm done buying VW mods even though they are pretty convenient. If I buy another regulated mod, it'll be another ProVari. :D

Which do I expect to last the longest? My Vari, especially given its repairability (if needed). All that said, the MVP's form factor is better suited to my workplace (public school).

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
I went about 5 months. within the next month or two I bought two more blems. I've got a lot of PV's but the provari is my favorite. And they get mad if you just let em sit at home. Take em out and show em the world. They are tuff little buggers and you don't have to worry about em. Right now I'll use my Provari and a kicked Legacy about everyday when I'm at work. At home it's game on and I never know what I'm going to use next. (And you will understand once you get it in your hands.)

Attachments

• Provari's 1.jpg
    Provari's 1.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 3,461

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
I was just trying out the aga t2 today....I want one! Need to buy a torch, multimeter and some tools though. :vapor:

I set up almost all my gennys on my ProVari. I didn't have to buy any special tools. I use a triple flame (torch-type) butane cigar lighter. [A lot like this one.] It does a fine job, and I already had it from back when I smoked stogies. :D

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Probably a year and a half before getting the ProV. As much as it pains me to say this, before the ProV I had a SafeCig (no longer available), then a Volt (wasn't so bad), and then a K-go (hated-it, probably cause I thought it was going to be much better than it was).

What got me to finally buy it was numerous emails back an forth between me and PBusardo. In one of the last emails in that series, he said, basically, "you seem to be fascinated with the ProVAri above all others. Go for it." Don't know why, but it took that for me to stop BSin and just buy the damn thing already. For the most part our emails stopped after I got my unit--there wasn't a whole lot left I needed to ask about. :laugh:

I plan on getting one for my birthday in October 2013--it will be my 1-year "vapeversary" gift to myself.

But to be honest, I have to say I REALLY hate the new design they have for the tube body--those weird spiral groves are NOT to my liking...

Just get the V2, they're still available. I like it, personally.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Quit analogs new years eve. Mine should arrive tomorrow. Didn't want to wait too long and waste money on a bunch if stuff in would just replace with the provari

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Good logic. I don't know if I appreciate it more having taken so long to get it, but I sure as hell wasted a lot of money prior!

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Quit analogs new years eve. Mine should arrive tomorrow. Didn't want to wait too long and waste money on a bunch if stuff in would just replace with the provari

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

As a matter of fact, I probably bought a couple ProVs prior to my first, but only ended up with one to show for. :( :laugh:

Lisa66

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Florida
I quit smoking and started vaping in January 2011. I used V4L KR808's and vGo-type devices pretty much exclusively until I attended VapeBash in March 2012. It opened up a whole new world to me. While there, I bought a Roughstack 3.7v mod and a variable volt plastic box mod. Within about two weeks I had my ProVari mini and I haven't put it down since....or bought any other devices. I'll be attending VapeBash later this week, so we'll see about that. I do plan to get another mini in the near future and wish I had gone this route much sooner than I did.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
I purchase my provari at about 5 weeks into vaping. Having given up on the disposables and a kit, I opted for an joyetech ego-c twist set-up with a handful of clearomizers. What a positive awakening that was . Within a week of that, I decided not to waste any more time and money, I opted to get a provari.

That was some two weeks ago. Since then, I have had such a fantastic vaping experience, due in large part to the people, here. The provari, cartotanks, and an RBA will, with high probability, insure that I never return to smoking cigarettes again.

The journey continues . . .

- Andy . . . Challenge the day.

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
13 Months for me, I started with the VOLT Mini, went to to VOLT X2 a month later. The X2 lasted~6 months and I graduated to the VV Gripper, a decent Vape with a poor battery door design. I passed the VV Gripper to my sister and bought the compact Mr. E-Liquid Detonator- 14500 VV Box Mod, I use it for work & I've dropped it numerous times, it's indestructible and I love it.

For my 1 year Vaping Anniversary I bought a VAMO to check out the VW feature, a good inexpensive Mod that's a bit big (Really Huge actually), I think if the VW mode was adjustable in .2 or .1 increments it truly would be a set and (almost)forget. I mainly used it in VV mode and it was good, but I prefer and still use my little Box Mod, so I sold the VAMO to a Co-Worker who has a Vision Spinner and drooled over the VAMO.

That brings me to my purchase of the Provari in Satin Silver, and I won't rule out a Mini in my future. Oh, I'm expecting my first today :blush:

Last edited:

Buzzsaw46

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
SE MN United States
Just shy of my 1 year vaporversay, I had lost my reliable, but not without issues LavaTube v1, replaced it with a v1.5t lavatube only to have it die the first time I dropped it, just out of warranty. I decided I wanted something with more than a 30 day warranty and that was repairable even after the warranty expired. Since I lost my v1 LT I cant say I would have saved money if I had bought my ProV first, I sure wish I hadn't bought the v1.5t!

I bought a Vamo a couple months ago to try VW and that was a mistake also, VW is not all that for me, at least not with the Vamo. I wouldn't mind trying a device with an evolv DNA board to see if it's just the way the Vamo pulses or if VW is just not for me.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
I ask this because I see a lot of posters that seem to have been at this for not too long have one.

I decided to get one in about my first 30 days of trying my first e-cig. I just wanted to think on it for a little bit.

My reason I was trying too many things in too short of a period of time and decided to get better than I think I need rather than keep buying stuff that I thought was not good enough after trying it.

Mine arrives Monday and my hope is it will be all the home based device I will feel the need for.

Your a smart vapor......instead of wasting money on cheap stuff you went right to the top-Provari!

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    It was the first mod I ever bought. Bought it after using a cig alike for a few months, after getting back into vapeing.
    It's the only device that's come close to delivering a satisfying enough experience to keep me off cigs.
    You won't be disappointed with it. My bf, first hit, was jaw droppingly amazed at the difference.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread