How long will the juice stay good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawzy

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2013
Cairo
Hello, everyone. I haven't posted here for quit sometime. I am a serious fan of all HHV juices. The downside is I live in Egypt and sometimes international orders pass and other times, they don't. So to cut the story short. I have a friend in the states and he is coming to Egypt soon. So I am thinking of making a huge order of all my HHV juices. The question is, if I get like 100 or 200 ml of all my favs, will they go bad after a long time? I am not a chain vaper by any mean. I vape like 4 to 6 ml a day. So should I stake up juices that can last for 2 years or two or not?

Thanks all in advance

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
There are many instances where HHV juices have been good/improved after 1 yr storage. but there has been a report that one flavor wasnt too tasty after storing for more than 1 yrs. If you refridgerate/freeze them they will last up to 2 yrs ( general concensus agrees) and posibbly longer. But since the flavors are so delicious they never get a chance to get that old :)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Fawzy, I buy HHV every other month. I get about 150ml of my favorite in 50ml bottles. The bottles go right into the fridge and when I open one, one comes out of the fridge to start the aging/steeping process. By the time I need it, it is ready to vape.

If you're storing it in the fridge, do not start the airing out process until you bring it out. Even vaping 4-6ml per day, you will be surprised at how fast you go through the stuff. :)

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Thanks all for ur input. Really appreciate it. :)

Hi Fawzy, welcome back.

As others have said, about one year or a bit longer if refrigerated is the normal shelf life of most e-juices, HHV included. At about this time last year I made two large orders between March and April that came to over 900 ml. (I was doubling up on my favorite juices so they would be around for longer ageing as some NETs get better with age.) My mistake was to drop the PG and Nicotine levels too far and the juices were not as satisfying as previous orders had been.

To compensate, I then reordered the same juices in July and August, but at higher PG and nic levels so that I could mix to a satisfying blend that's around 60/40 PG/VG and 12 mg nic. For me that's just right! So for the past 7 months I've been in new juice lock down trying to vape up close to 2,000 ml or more of juice (HHV 1,800ml plus several 100 ml from other venders)

Having come to the point where some of them are just over a year old I'm being careful to check to see if the older juices are still good before I mix with newer juices. I have yet to find any that have gone bad. They were all opened with caps off for two days, but refrigerated shortly afterwards. Refrigeration does help slow steeping and preserve the juice. I live in a tropical climate and if I did not refrigerate, I'm sure most of the juices would have spoiled by now.

Just my :2c: Two cents. For what it's worth.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Fawzy, I buy HHV every other month. I get about 150ml of my favorite in 50ml bottles. The bottles go right into the fridge and when I open one, one comes out of the fridge to start the aging/steeping process. By the time I need it, it is ready to vape.

If you're storing it in the fridge, do not start the airing out process until you bring it out. Even vaping 4-6ml per day, you will be surprised at how fast you go through the stuff. :)

This reminds me, I need to take inventory of my juice stock pile. I know for sure I'm down to the last 100ml of Huntsman and may have to order more soon. Just can't run out of that, Hula would kill me! :ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread