how long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

becky5438

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2009
Hello, I was just wondering how long after starting on ecigs did you quit analogs all together. I though I would be able to right away but I still smoked a few analogs today. I just got it yesterday. My mom was able to quit the day she got hers, I guess I don't have quite the level of willpower as her, also I still had almost a full pack the day my ecig arrived. Just wondering what others experiences are. Thanks

jedrojam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Central USA
I've had my e-cig for a week now. In that time, I've gone from 20 analogs per day down to 2 per day. I'm not forcing myself to make a permanent choice between one or the other. I even keep my e-cig and analogs right next to each other. But, I have really noticed my "need" for an analog has been replaced by a "want" to use the e-cig.

For me right now, if I feel like an analog, I'm gonna smoke one. And when/if that feeling goes away, I'll chuck the analogs for good.

Happy vaping,
Jeff

WendyM

ECF Veteran
I found after a few hours of vaping I didn't really like the smell/taste of cigarette smoke. I didn't smoke anything on day 2, day 3 I had a flavored cig (that wasn't bad), and I had 2 cigarettes this morning (darned short lived battery!) and they were pretty gross (I'm on day 4.)

We're all different, I've been smoking just this side of 20 years and I could quit with proper incentive but always returned to smoking the moment that incentive was removed. Maybe you aren't enjoying your vape as much as your mom enjoys hers.

I fiddled with my PV and tried different draws on it until I found the sweet spot where I seem to get the best possible experience without getting nic juice in my mouth or choking on the vapor. If I didn't like vaping, I'd still be smoking-- willpower has nothing to do with it, its easy to not smoke when you like the alternative (vaping) more.

Got mine 3 weeks ago and I try to maintain at a 3 analog per day, maybe someday I'll completely quit them but I still enjoy one on the way to work, one when I get home from work, and then one right before bed... occasionally I'll smoke an analog right after eating. Sometimes I'll only have the one in the morning and the one before bed. Or sometimes just one randomly throughout the day... I've cut down from 20 a day to 3, I think that's pretty damn good, I'm happy with it so that's all that really matters to me.

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
Hello, I was just wondering how long after starting on ecigs did you quit analogs all together. I though I would be able to right away but I still smoked a few analogs today. I just got it yesterday. My mom was able to quit the day she got hers, I guess I don't have quite the level of willpower as her, also I still had almost a full pack the day my ecig arrived. Just wondering what others experiences are. Thanks

Don't push yourself, just focus on how much better the PV's are.

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
Welcome Becky, Patriot, and Wendy. We are all different and what works for 1 might not work for another. I smoked 2-3 packs a day for 36 years. I took 2 weeks approx to switch completely. I found it the hardest to give up analogs after meals and the one first thing in the morning. I just slowly smoked less and less analogs until I only was smoking the first one in the a.m. It also depends on whether you have enough ecig supplies to sustain you after you give up analogs. This part, I feel, is the most important. If you don't have enough supplies you will find yourself going back the first time your one and only batt dies or you don't have extra atomizers or juice. It also depends on your drive to stop smoking. Some people here still smoke analogs and vape. It all depends of what you want. I think if you make it as comfortable on yourself as you can you will succeed in attaining the goal that you want, be it cutting down a lot or quitting completely. Good luck. You will find a lot of support and advice here.

vaporize me

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Chester, PA USA
I quit analogs the day I got my PV. I just bought a pack of cigs right before the package came to my mailbox. I even opened the package with an analog dangling in my mouth. When I realized that the batteries were charged, I put the cig out and started vaping. Been vaping ever since. It is not the same but I figured I would persevere as long as I wasn't going to have a nic fit...that is why I bought 24mg carts and weaned myself down to 18mg. I am "planning" to cut the nic further, just haven't got around to it yet. Everybody is different, just give it a chance. I vape more at home than when I smoked but do it less when I am out. The pack of analogs are still in my desk drawer.

tattooed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
VA
I pretty much quit the day I got mine. I say pretty much because I didn't wait for my liquid order and ended up drying up my carts before it arrived and smoked a few analogs to get me by. Once I got the liquid I gave the rest of my Camel's and all my RYO stuff away and after a week of vaping, I can honestly say its been one of the best decisions I've ever made. I'd never go back.

Yirabeth

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Michigan, USA
It took me about 4 days to get my e-cig sorted, I had a few issues with it, mainly user error I believe..not quite sure how I even got it sorted but somehow I learned without realising it, by the 3rd day. So I told myself, not gonna buy any more cigs after this pack is done...and then didn't. It was mainly habit to light one up on the 4th day. When those were gone, I was done.

Still had the occasional issue with WANTING an analog the first couple days. But then I vaped the 36mg stuff specifically made for this purpose. Now I only vape the big stuff every few days or so, to curb a particularly strong craving, it's worked well :)

~Yira

Pearldriver

Verified Member
Mar 19, 2009
San Antonio
I was a pack a day Menthol 100's smoker for 20 years and became tobacco free with in two weeks. I too fell victim to the battery limitation. The last cigarette I smoked was due to a bad battery and stuck in traffic. I had pack of smoke left in the car and lit it up and it was soooo naste I haven't touched another Tobacco cigarette. I stopped at the truck stop throw away the pack of cigs and purchased another Njoy Ncig(Classic Pen Style dse 801/4072) starter kit..... Been vaping, experimenting and enjoying every minute being tobacco free.....

Rickbar

May 3, 2009
Melville, NY
When I got my Npro, I was using the carts that came with them and was still smoking. Then I got some 36mg malboro from TW and that was the last time I had an analog. I've dripped only and it was strong enough, maybe too strong to some, to get me off the analogs with NO craving at all. My next bottle is 24mg Vanilla also from TW. I plan to drip each bottle, lowering the nicotine each time until I'm at 0.

dijohn76

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Cascade,MT
I was a 2.5-3 pack/day smoker for 37 years, quit the day I received my first e-cig (almost 2 months now). I think it depends on how addicted to whole analog cigarette as opposed to just the action of "smoking". I found that after a week, I really didn't even need the nicotine. Everybody is different, just keep with it. Every "vape" is one less regular cig.:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread