How many amps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTyler82

ECF Veteran
That is a 10A battery. You are at 5.52632 amps if your battery is at 4.2V fully charged. I say its fine.

Sweet. Thanks Cloud! You've been a big help to me since I started on this site. Kinda funny how a few weeks ago I was messing with Aero tanks, and I'm on to drippers lol

Abbell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Am am going to guess you plan on using just one battery at a time. That should be safe if they are the efest hybrids. Those are rated 10A

Specifications:

Nominal voltage 3.7V
High current rated
Lowest permitted discharge voltage - 2.5 V
Cycle life - 500 cycles
Max charging rate - 2.15 Amps
Max discharge (10A)
Do not short circuit - High current will be discharged
Diameter: 18.0 +/- 0.5mm
Height: 66 +/- 0.5mm

If you are fully charged at 4.2V you will be hitting 23Watts and 5.5Amps. The batteries may get warm. If you have your heart set on sub-Ohming you should invest in some higher drain batteries though. Something in the 20-30Amp range.

JTyler82

ECF Veteran
Am am going to guess you plan on using just one battery at a time. That should be safe if they are the efest hybrids. Those are rated 10A

Specifications:

Nominal voltage 3.7V
High current rated
Lowest permitted discharge voltage - 2.5 V
Cycle life - 500 cycles
Max charging rate - 2.15 Amps
Max discharge (10A)
Do not short circuit - High current will be discharged
Diameter: 18.0 +/- 0.5mm
Height: 66 +/- 0.5mm

If you are fully charged at 4.2V you will be hitting 23Watts and 5.5Amps. The batteries may get warm. If you have your heart set on sub-Ohming you should invest in some higher drain batteries though. Something in the 20-30Amp range.

Yup. I Plan on it. I'm gonna get some Sony VCR5's or whatever the model # is.

JTyler82

ECF Veteran
I got the sony vtc4s, and basically if you got those you really have to try hard to vent those. the lower limit is like .15 ohms or something like that. google ohm's law calculator if youre not sure.

What do you mean by vent them? I have a Trident V2, with a Nemesis. Would that be enough venting?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
What do you mean by vent them? I have a Trident V2, with a Nemesis. Would that be enough venting?

"I got the sony vtc4s, and basically if you got those you really have to try hard to vent those." - Muero

He means with those batteries you'd have to try hard to get them to fail into battery meltdown (thermal runaway). Not a good thing to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread