How many batteries do you have for your Provari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
I am going to order AW batteries for my 2 Provari Minis tonight. I have the extension caps and one Tatroe extender so I can also use the 18650s.

I currently have 6 of the 18350s and all I seem to do is switch out batteries during the day. I guess I vape a lot. I have 2 of the 18490s and like those. I want to get a couple of the 18650s to see how I like that setup. Just bought a backup Nitecore I4 charger.

I am thinking 2 of the 18650s and either 2 or 4 of the 18490s. Is this adequate? I will probably only use the 18350s I have for out and about.

What do you all have for a battery stable for your Provari?

I do not see any discount codes for RTDVapor. Any other sites to check for pricing and availability?

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
My favorite size is the 18490. I have 7 of those. I have 10 18350 ( I just added the last 4) because of the Microstick and the bOd Mecha that I added to my vape family, and 2 18650. With these I am pretty well covered.

I use RTD and Lighthound, both are really close in price, and when one is out, the other generally has some.

Hope this helps!

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Thanks, it does. It just gets so confusing. Do you keep your batteries numbered in pairs or dated so you know how you are cycling them? I am not used to having batteries like this. Spinners I had figured out the rotation.

My favorite size is the 18490. I have 7 of those. I have 10 18350 ( I just added the last 4) because of the Microstick and the bOd Mecha that I added to my vape family, and 2 18650. With these I am pretty well covered.

I use RTD and Lighthound, both are really close in price, and when one is out, the other generally has some.

Hope this helps!

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
Thanks, it does. It just gets so confusing. Do you keep your batteries numbered in pairs or dated so you know how you are cycling them? I am not used to having batteries like this. Spinners I had figured out the rotation.

Yes--I mark them with the month and year purchased with a black magic marker. It is easy to cycle them that way. Bed,Bath & Beyond has a nice wooden box that they stand nicely, and it fits in a drawer. They are in the kitchen dept., almost right inside the door.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I have at least 6 of each size. I have 10 18650 as some of my other mods only take that size. As I was acquiring batteries, I got them in pairs and got a battery box for each pair. I numbered each box so that I can cycle through them.

I have gotten a bunch of email tonight about St Patrick's Day sales, so I would start there in checking prices on other sites. I have bought them from ProVape and AltSmoke in the past.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I have 2 single batt chargers for KR808's (that are both either USB or AC) and one 2 port AC smart charger for all of my 18XXX flat top and button tops batts (22 of them). All of the chargers are only in intermittant use, with the 18XXX charger the only one used part of the time on most days.

For the other devices 6 '650, 4 '350 flat top batts.... 6 KR808 manual batts and both KR808 and 510 USB pass-thru's.

For the ProVari's 4 '350, 4 '490, 4 '650 button tops, and starting tomorrow when it gets back from ProVape a ProVari pass-thru... but I also use the '350 and '490 batts in the MicroStick.
Even without the ProVari pass-thru, this is way more than enough batts to run 5 ProVari's and the MicroStick 24/7.

If you have a computer desk and spend as many hours on the computer as I do 24/7, the pass-thru's are the way to go though.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Thank you for your responses. I ended up ordering 2 of the 18650s and 2 of the 18490s with the battery boxes. So that will give me 6, 4 and 2 respectively of the 3 sizes. This should hold me over fine for just the 2 Provari Minis until I can hit up a sale. The AW batteries do go out of stock, I noticed so I needed to at least get a base to start from.

I am also dating the batteries as I receive them so I can keep track of them. I already ordered and received one battery case that is the wrong size but luckily it is a perfect fit for a few of my 510 attys with drip tips so I am happy there.

I have not had to be this organized since I used to work. Lots more to keep track of and store than when I smoked. But I am happy so all is good. You should see my stash of juice. Lots of little bottles and I never seem to have enough of just the right flavor. lol

It is going to get interesting around here when I start building coils. I am getting myself psyched up to start that real soon. Have all the stuff, just need the courage to just get started.

Last edited:

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
I am going to order AW batteries for my 2 Provari Minis tonight. I have the extension caps and one Tatroe extender so I can also use the 18650s.

I currently have 6 of the 18350s and all I seem to do is switch out batteries during the day. I guess I vape a lot. I have 2 of the 18490s and like those. I want to get a couple of the 18650s to see how I like that setup. Just bought a backup Nitecore I4 charger.

I am thinking 2 of the 18650s and either 2 or 4 of the 18490s. Is this adequate? I will probably only use the 18350s I have for out and about.

What do you all have for a battery stable for your Provari?

I do not see any discount codes for RTDVapor. Any other sites to check for pricing and availability?

How many ohms are you running on your juice delivery device? That can make a big difference in battery life, both daily and in how often you have to replace.

I use 18650s and the wife and I have 7 we rotate. She goes through one every couple of days and I manage to get 8-10 hours out of mine (theyre almost a year old).

Also, RTDVapor is hard to beat when it comes to genuine AW batteries in either price,customer service or shipping times.

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
Wow reading this I feel like I don't have enough.

For my 1 ProVari, I only have two dedicated AW 650s!

Granted, they're only a couple months old..

I'd probably feel better having a 3rd, maybe even a 4th.. Just been too lazy & cheap to get 'em :laugh:

Might even throw in an additional 490 or two when I do order...

I also have a few dedicated non-AWs in various sizes for my non-ProVari.. wouldn't use them in the 'Vari, though

When it's time for those to go, I'll just replace those with some new AWs...

And yeah, when it's time for the non-ProVari to go, I'll be replacing that with a 2nd ProVari... Hurry up, V3! :D

onebadtwo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
Jacksonville FL
Ive got 3 18350's... The batteries/charger came in on Wednesday. I charged them all up Wednesday night on my Nightcore i4 in the excitement of receiving my Mini. The Mini finally arrived on Friday night! I went through all 3 between about 5:30pm until about midnight!.. I'm gonna order a few 18490s and 18650s now...
Curt

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
I drip on a 510 atty and an Igo-L at about 2.2ohms. My volts are usually set up around 4.8 since I vape mostly tobaccos and teas. Much higher voltage and it gets too hot, close to burnt taste, much lower than 4.6 and I start losing flavor and impact.

I want to try the 1.6/1.8 ohms or a little lower range but not until I get better at coil building. I am waiting on delivery of a Russian 91% sometime in May. Ridiculous wait, I know, but it gives me time to practice. I am a don't fix what ain't broke type of girl.

How many ohms are you running on your juice delivery device? That can make a big difference in battery life, both daily and in how often you have to replace.

I use 18650s and the wife and I have 7 we rotate. She goes through one every couple of days and I manage to get 8-10 hours out of mine (theyre almost a year old).

Also, RTDVapor is hard to beat when it comes to genuine AW batteries in either price,customer service or shipping times.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I've been wondering about this too. I got my mini last May 2013 and have 4 -18350's, 2 AW's and 2 Efest that are in steady rotation (I haven't noticed a difference between them). In the beginning, I used 2 per day. Now I seem to be changing them out every few hours and it's driving me nuts! I've started checking them from the charger and instead of seeing 4.2, I'm only seeing 4.0. That didn't seem terribly low, but I really don't know. I'm thinking I maybe due for some new batteries soon. I usually use a PT2 around 2.0. Doesn't AW ever do co-ops?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread