How many cycles can i expect out ofa AW IMR battery....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

apbtdog1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2012
East TN
I couldn't really find a place to post this thread.....or well the "proper" place so i thought i could ask here...soooo
How many cycles should i expect to get out of a AW IMR battery? Just the 18490's that come standard with the Provari's? I got four and every time i use one i put it on charge and always rotate them so they all get even wear but just curiously asking, how many times should i expect to be able to charge, use, drain then charge again this type of battery?

Skyway

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
NC - USA
www.bsvoboda.com
I am not sure on the exact number but before I got my Provari Mini I was using the standard size Provari with 18490's and I used two for over a year and a half with not much of a noticeable drain. Maybe a half hour to an hour over it's entire life span in that time I have been using them. I still have my originals that came with my first Provari and still use them from time to time.
I use a standard Tenergy charger and have never had a problem. I make note of this since chargers could make a difference in this. If you are still needing a more precise answer I am sure a battery expert could chime in.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Here's what I found from Naked Vapour. The is not AW but I would think they would be about the same.

IMR18490 Specifications :
Nominal Voltage : 3.7V
Capacity : 1100mAH
Lowest Discharge Voltage : 2.50V
Standard Charge : CC/CV ( max. charging rate 3A )
Cycle Life : > 500 cycles
Max. continuous discharge rate : 15C
Operating Discharge Temperature : -10 - 60 Degree Celsius

Here's another from Avid Vaper. Some of the specs differ but the number of cycles are the same. These are AW IMR batteries.

Nominal Voltage : 3.7V

Capacity : 1100mah
Lowest Discharge Voltage : 2.50V
Standard Charge : CC/CV ( max. charging rate 1.5A )
Cycle Life : > 500 cycles
Max. continuous discharge rate : 8C

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
300 cycles is the typical accepted rate, but care and feeding has a lot to do with that as well. If you deep cycle them, run them until the light flashes each time, get them down to the lowest output regularly, this life span will be shortened dramatically.
I try to check my batteries as I use them and get them on the charger around 3.5-3.4v to help prolong life. Excessive heat and cold, what voltage they come off the charger, what voltage they go on the charger all play a part in battery life. Someone that deep cycles them wont get good life from them. Someone that works in extreme cold wont get good life from them. Someone that works in extreme heat wont get good life from them.
There is no "definitive" number that can be used because care and feeding alters the life span so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread