How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluewraith

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
Peru, IN
1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 mod to harangue the OP for no real reason
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
3 pedants to argue about what factory the best one comes from
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
2 greens to argue about the carbon footprint and how it should be a longlife one
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
1 mod to edit a link or two
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
1 spammer to inject some Nike bulb linkspam
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
1 crazy trying to jack their postcount to 10,000
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
1 Admin to comment on site policy re. lamp posts
1 to talk about his YouTube lamp vid
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 GrimGroan and 1 BogJam to try and outdo each other with the coarsest vid on bulbs possible without getting an infraction, cunningly hiding the worst linkspam and vulgarities right at the end of the vid where only Special Forces dudes are tuff enuff to get to and even so 3 of them died getting there
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.
2 Mods to argue all over again about if the post needs editing, moving or deleting
1 mod to screw up and infract a post 10 months old
1 to take the whole debate across to another forum to do it properly over there

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: wacdenney

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Hey shouldn't this be under Forum Issues? :D

tinear

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Florida, U.S.A.

Hey shouldn't this be under Forum Issues? :D

Shouldn't this be in the new members forum and I wish you had included some pics so I could see exactly what you are talking about. :confused:

It's "Forum Issues". :p

... me too!

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Actually its:

23 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
9 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
4 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
6 to flame the spell checkers
2 to correct spelling/grammar flames
5 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another5 to condemn those 5 as stupid
17 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
21 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
4 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
56 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
11 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
3 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
3 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
12 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.see you in june :p

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Can someone tell me what light bulb is the best light bulb to buy?

I bought a light bulb from a mall kiosk and it is burned out already. I want to know where I can buy it from cheap and I want it delivered tomorrow.

Please don't thread-jack... all newbees and can post threads in the night light forum or under its sub-forum DIM-wits

or PM T0mUsEDysun13 and he would be more than willing to help...

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Here is a link to more information about this. This fellow Edison did a great mod.
He somehow took a candle and got it inside glass and then there is no wax and it is amazing. I've got one that has been burning continuously for a year and 3 months. Tastes good, too.
I think there is a sale on these at several suppliers because there is a rumor that in 2012 they will no longer be legal in the U.S.

Edison's Lightbulb at The Franklin Institute

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Here is a link to more information about this. This fellow Edison did a great mod.
He somehow took a candle and got it inside glass and then there is no wax and it is amazing. I've got one that has been burning continuously for a year and 3 months. Tastes good, too.
I think there is a sale on these at several suppliers because there is a rumor that in 2012 they will no longer be legal in the U.S.

Edison's Lightbulb at The Franklin Institute
TFI is a scam... I am still trying to get my order correct... I wanted 100w and they sent me 60w by mistake....was anyone able to contact this supplier?

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
Hey someone tried to tell me that if your Light Bulb doesn't have a "protected" element it could blow up in your face. That isn't true is it?
I don't believe it. I think I'll try it for myself.

---------------------------------------------------------
He somehow took a candle and got it inside glass and then there is no wax and it is amazing. I've got one that has been burning continuously for a year and 3 months. Tastes good, too.http://www.fi.edu/learn/sci-tech/edison-lightbulb/edison-lightbulb.php?cts=electricity

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread