How many ml per day do you vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinobi

Mar 21, 2013
UK
Hi all

New to vaping :p

How many ml do you smoke a day. I am getting through about 2.5ml per day of 12mg Nicotine liquids. Can anyone tell me how many Marlboro Lights that is equivilent to as I am concerned that I am over doing the e-cig and actually getting more nicotine now per day. Maybe because its new im vaping more and will slow down in a few weeks. Wondering whether to go lower mg, but I like the hit of the 12mg even if it is making my head a little light at times lol

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
I believe, if I remember correctly, Lights are ~1.2mg per, so you're smoking about 24 of them. Someone who KNOWS will be along though, :)

cg

And somebody that knows (not me) will come along and mention how the nic is absorbed at a different % from vaping (mouth area?) and smoking (more in the lungs?). I think you absorb less with vaping. But, deffinately could be wrong.

But, as kopf said. Don't worry about it unless you have ill affects. Vape as much as you want/need. I as well have dropped just a little since I started (about 3-5 ml a day.), but my wife has gone WAY up. 15-20ml a day!!! But, she's at 2mg. And I'm at 30mg.

If you feel good, do it!!! And don't worry.

Shinobi

Mar 21, 2013
UK
And somebody that knows (not me) will come along and mention how the nic is absorbed at a different % from vaping (mouth area?) and smoking (more in the lungs?). I think you absorb less with vaping. But, deffinately could be wrong.

But, as kopf said. Don't worry about it unless you have ill affects. Vape as much as you want/need. I as well have dropped just a little since I started (about 3-5 ml a day.), but my wife has gone WAY up. 15-20ml a day!!! But, she's at 2mg. And I'm at 30mg.

If you feel good, do it!!! And don't worry.

I've read these things too, thats why I was wondering if anyone could estimate a amount of cigs that it is equivilent to

Thanks for your replies :)

exnihilo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
I think I am vaping too much, I am getting headaches. Maybe I should start off with 6mg until the novelty wears off

The Marlboro's I have were 1.0mg per cig

So if I am toking through 3ml of 12mg 30ml bottle thats only 1.2mg in a day - so 1 cig a day? I think I am misunderstanding the maths somewhere though as that cannot be right

It's 12mg (or 1.2%/Volume) per mL, so 36 total mg. But, as pizza2me stated, the body treats vaping differently. For me, it takes longer to absorb. Kinda like drinking alcohol, you think, "I'm good, I'll have another!", but the rest has yet to kick in, so by the time you're done it's a little too much ;) .

cg

ardelleg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Alaska
I think I am vaping too much, I am getting headaches. Maybe I should start off with 6mg until the novelty wears off

The Marlboro's I have were 1.0mg per cig

So if I am toking through 3ml of 12mg 30ml bottle thats only 1.2mg in a day - so 1 cig a day? I think I am misunderstanding the maths somewhere though as that cannot be right

The 12 mg is per ml, not for the whole bottle.....

if you are getting headaches it might be you are getting a little too much. I wound up having to go to lower nicotine because I tended to vape almost constantly when not working

Good luck and enjoy

Shinobi

Mar 21, 2013
UK
It's 12mg (or 1.2%/Volume) per mL, so 36 total mg. But, as pizza2me stated, the body treats vaping differently. For me, it takes longer to absorb. Kinda like drinking alcohol, you think, "I'm good, I'll have another!", but the rest has yet to kick in, so by the time you're done it's a little too much ;) .

cg

Aaaaaah that makes sense, thanks for that. So I am getting double the nicotine that I was. Probably explains the headaches lol

I need to find a balance then, because the 10mg doesnt give me enough of a hit on the throat, too smooth. 12mg is giving me headaches.

I'll work it out and get there in the end lol thanks for the help!

akatina

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
Greenville, SC
Headaches can be due to too much nicotine, not ENOUGH nicotine, or simply due to slight dehydration. Are you drinking enough water?

Also, are you puffing away all day long, or trying to "smoke" like you did when you were a smoker, taking a few hits every hour or so? Are you inhaling or not? How do you inhale your vapor, and how did you inhale your smoke? All of these things will affect how much nic your taking when you vape, and whether or not that amount of nic is too much/not enough/just right for your needs.

exnihilo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Aaaaaah that makes sense, thanks for that. So I am getting double the nicotine that I was. Probably explains the headaches lol

I need to find a balance then, because the 10mg doesnt give me enough of a hit on the throat, too smooth. 12mg is giving me headaches.

I'll work it out and get there in the end lol thanks for the help!

No problem! Keep at it, you'll find that happy median.

cg

Bellerine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Florida
When I first started vaping, I did so at 24mg. I got weird symptoms and also thought it was too much nic. I ordered a whole bunch of liquid at 12mg and the symptoms went away but i smoked more cigarettes.

Fast forward a few weeks. I really wanted to cut those stinkies back further, so I ordered some 18mg juice. It helped but not as much as I'd hoped. I decided to fill a tank with the original 24mg stuff, just for use when I wanted an analog. I ended up vaping only that stuff for two days straight - way less smokes, no symptoms.

I think the original symptoms may have been withdrawal from the other additives in cigarettes. Could of also been my body getting used to vaping. The point is that the same behavior a couple of weeks later had different results. Now I vape all 18mg or 24mg juice and the symptoms never returned, even when I chain vape for long periods.

Just wondering if you might be going through something like that. I know it's not helpful in explaining what exactly is causing your symptoms, and I'm sorry for that. Just thought I'd share my experience so you didn't over-order on low nic juice before you were sure it was the culprit.

Aheadatime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
USA
If anyone has any actual figures on this stuff, I'm very curious myself.

I searched for a long time and came upon studies regarding this topic with no concrete results. The reality is that there is no definitive answer because there are far too many variables. What brand of cigs, what strength of cigs, how hard of drags one takes, how long one holds in their hits, etc. Amount of nicotine present in cigarettes doesn't represent the amount absorbed by the body, and vice versa for vaping.

What did seem to be objectively consistent is the rate at which the body absorbs nicotine between the two methods. Cigarettes provide an immense rush and an instant high, probably in due to the deprivation of oxygen and the 7 or so other alkaloids present in cigs that act as nicotine steroids. Vaping, however, introduces a slowly absorbed nicotine satisfaction that takes some getting used to. People who start off 24mg may end up dropping after their sub-addictions to their other alkaloids die off and their need for an instant rush subsides. I started off 24mg and within 2 weeks was down to rotating between 12mg in the morning and 6mg all day after that. I now flirt between 9mg and 6mg, and feel perfectly fine.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
I have been on 18 mg nicotine since I started. And I actually think Im less addicted to it then when I was smoking! The reason is now I can go hours without vaping and that NEVER happened when I was smoking! I vape cause I like it...not because I have to have it. So there has to be a difference somewhere.

Liquinator

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2012
C:\Germany\LwrSaxony
#offtopic
you guys are comparing the incomparable. Nicotine can be bound or unbound. I'm no expert on this but I know that you cant compare the amount of nicotine in cigarettes and and liquids due to their chemical nature. Bound nicotine reaches the brain quite fast while unbound nicotine (eliquid) takes some time.

#ontopic
about 6ml

greets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread