how many of you simply pour in juice to refill rather than cleaning the tank each time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
I simply put in new juice and mix it with whatever juice I have remaining when refilling the vivi nova. Sometimes the remaining juice is darker than fresh juice but I mix them anyway since it's so much easier. I only clean my clearo every four or five tanks. I cannot stand cleaning every tank.

Or are you supposed to waste the remaining juice and always start with a fresh new tankful?

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Shayol Ghul, The Great Blight
All I vape 99% of the time is DIY unflavored juice in my Penelope so I don't really have much reason to clean the tank out. If I am going to go from one flavored juice to another flavor or unflavored, what I will do is just pour straight PG in the tank, shake it up and pour it out. Rinse wash and repeat one or two more times and voila!

Recycled Roadkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2013
Garland, TX
Yesterday I ordered a custom mix at my local B&M vapor shop, steeped and ready to go when I picked it up today. I did clean the tank and replaced the wick to get a clean unadulterated test of what I'd bought.

Other than that I'll mix them rather than unnecessarily waste of drop of that of juice if I can help it.

I'm not cheap, I'm just frugal!

Okay, I'm cheap. :)

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
I keep rewicked heads around and change them when needed. Otherwise, I 'usually' try to refill with the same flavor of juice. If I don't, that's okay. When I change heads, I rinse the Vivi Nova-like hardware, pop in a new head and go on. Higher voltages/wattages produce more dark juice. Sometimes I shake that out of the device before refilling.

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Shayol Ghul, The Great Blight
Unless you're either A) switching to a flavor that tastes REALLY gross mixed with the previous flavor or B) switching to flavorless, I personally wouldn't bother. Though I will say that going from a tobacco flavor on a silica RBA like my Penelope, Oddy, etc. to flavorless is NASTY. Once the flavor disappears it generally has a gross kind of slightly burnt, musty taste to it. I can put a single tank full sometimes of tobacco after using my standard flavorless and the wick will sometimes be ruined and will taste nasty until I replace it.

el Jexican

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
I have two RBAs (third on the way) with my two favorite liquids which I don't clean all that often because the liquid in them never changes and a couple of brotanks and BCCs wich I rotate differen't flavors in when I'm feel like living life on the edge....I tend to clean those out after every tank, but I don't go through them very fast so its not bad at all.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Yikes. I guess I'm a slob. I pretty much only vape DIY lime now. 16mg or 0mg, two seperate taks. Mini Davides seem to hold about half a ml, lol, so am always refilling. Coils need to be changed every 7-10+ days. I'd spend all my time at the sink if I cleaned them every couple of tanks. Switching flavors, usually clean the tank though lime coffee isn't as bad as it sounds.

rhm3769

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
Huntersville, NC
Ive had my mini protank almost a month now and its only been emptied once.... I rotate flavors throughout the day.... the new flavor compliments the majority of the grog mix and the next one compliments the new mix.... once I can't handle the taste I stop rotating and either start adding in menthol or the same flavor....

Ive noticed a menthol/cinnamon liquid follows a ry4 pretty nice and vanilla follows that, usually.... so o intend to only run empty and clean if I want a pure flavor, but work and everything does not work well with that, so far....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread