The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How many people have you turned?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Sassyonemeis, Feb 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sassyonemeis

Sassyonemeis Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2011
    Albany NY
    I am new to this vaping stuff, less than a month actually. I used to be a pack a day smoker. I have touched on this previously but want to share some more about my experiences so far. I work in a smallish office, about 12 people, 5 of which are either smokers or ex smokers. 2 weeks ago, my boss came to me inquiring about my PV, I gave him one to try, still havent gotten it back LOL. One of my team members inquired about it and he bought my first PV setup for his wife (it's pink) and will be buying one for himself, and this morning told me he is also buying one for his mother. There is another lady who stocks the gownroom who is also a smoker. Last week I saw her outside smoking and offered her a hit off my PV. Today, she was asking for more information, she wants to buy one also. Two of my best friends have bought PV's, one has had hers for a couple weeks and loves it, the other will get his this weekend when he gets home.

I'm just truly amazed that I have exposed these smokers to an alternative that they SEE is working for me, and they want to join in and quit smoking cigarettes. It is not that I preached to anyone (well until after they asked me if it's really working, I dont crave cigarettes?, I'm not getting fat?, I'm not getting psycho .....y?, etc.). They saw, they asked, I offered them to try mine, and they are so willing to do it.

I'm just so happy that this choice, that I made on a whim, which I couldnt be more thankful for, has affected so many smokers around me, and they are in turn quitting the killer habit. This is awesome!! It makes me feel good!

So how many people have you turned on to vaping?

2. Pissy

Pissy ECF Live Chat Moderator ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2011
    Somewhere
    At least 2, loved reading your story, such enthusiasm! Keep it up, we'll loose count of our converts before you know it!

3. OB1J3D1

OB1J3D1 Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 2, 2010
    Earth
    5 people "turned"

4. Sassyonemeis

Jan 15, 2011
    Albany NY
    YAYYYYY I just got an email from my boss... he is buying one!

And I also forgot about the lady at the restaurant I was at last week. She requested info which I sent via email.

Also, I refer all of these people to this site as well. This is an awesome resource for new and veteran vapers! Love it!

5. Brutus Buckeye

Brutus Buckeye Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

My wife
    My son
    My daughter
    My son-in-law
    2 co-workers
    Wife's best friend
    Wife's best friends 2 twin daughters
    Husband of one of the twins
    Co-worker of my wife's

and today on of our clients!!!

so that makes an even dozen!!!

6. Sassyonemeis

Jan 15, 2011
    Albany NY
  7. Zurd

Zurd Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2010
    Montréal
    After 11 months, I converted 0 people ! Doesn't matter, I love my PV and I love vaping :)

8. Sassyonemeis

Jan 15, 2011
    Albany NY
    And THAT is important! WTG!

9. YKruss

YKruss Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 21, 2009
    Springfield, VA
    My score is 7 people.
    Frantically looking for another "victim".

10. Sassyonemeis

Jan 15, 2011
    Albany NY
    LOL WTG! I wish someone had made me a "victim" years ago...

11. hersch

hersch Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    indiana
    My daughter is a nurse she found out from one of her coworkers that was vaping and asking her coworker more infor about it..

My daughter told me about her coworker vaping and ecig and thought maybe I would like it..I said no way I like my cigs..My daughter said she would order me one and she would pay for it, I said I'll try it... I smoked for 35 years 1-2 aday.. And now I have been a vapor for 1 year....

I thank my daughter for recommenting it to me...I hate the smell of reg cig smoke now and I'm helping my brother in law to break into the wanderful world of vaping...

If it wasnt for my daughter I probaly be still 1-2 packs a day..All support from other vapors...Thank You all.

12. Gleamingsands

Gleamingsands Full Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Florida
    I have personally converted about 5 people, 4 of which I know for a fact are currently vaping.
    I feel good about it for sure.

13. techtony

techtony Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2010
    Louisiana USA
    Come to the Dark Side... we have E-Cigs!

14. Addicted2Vap

Addicted2Vap Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 18, 2010
    South-Eastern Ky,USA
    3 people
    A co-worker and her husband
    And my older sister.
    My mother is my next target :p
    I also image quite a few more converting when a public smoking ban comes into being after our next vote.

15. blondeambition3

blondeambition3 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2009
    FL, USA
    I turned; (Looks like four, so far, that I 'know' of)... lol
    All Joye 510 and eGo converts... :thumbs:

16. I've been vaping for a week now and I haven't turned anyone on to ecigs yet :(

17. cshipman

cshipman Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2011
    South Carolina
    4, 2 at work which my workplace analog free now, The powers that be are really happy about that, enough so that they let us vape in our offices.

18. cubfanthad

cubfanthad Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 14, 2010
    Rock Island IL
    2 for me but I don't think I'm done, funny thing is I have yet to run into another vapor so there is a lot of potential here

19. JonnyVapΣ

JonnyVapΣ Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 23, 2010
    Rochester NY
    I have no idea. I bought out a companies 510 stock last year and built around 50 kits and sold them all. I've also built and sold/donated close to 40 box mods. At the very least I hope most of them stuck with it.

20. Seabrook

Seabrook Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2010
    Oceanside, CA
    I've converted only two so far but have four others considering it. For as much money as they would save and as inexpensive as they are, you would think that they would just spring for one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.