How many puffs is considered "heavy" vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

V4Lis4me

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
FLORIDA
puffs per day, as related to "heavy" vaping......

no idea!

but what i can tell you is that on my man. reg. batts (with 10 sec. cutoff)
i regularly take massive drags with these (near the full 10sec, then release the button... the batt resests itself quickly, then depress the button again for another full 10 sec... thus being a full 20 sec mouth fill... then i inhale)
i would consider what i do to be "heavy vaping"

...but hey,
i havent been smoking.... so its A-OK with me!

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
I guess we'd first need to define "puff", since literally everyone "puffs" differently. Probably a function of volume/time.

Then we'd need to take some statistically significant sampling. 10,000 people would probably be adequate for an informal discussion, given how noisy a "puff" will be.

Then from there, it's easy to graph the data, come up with a baseline, calculate the curve fit, and come up with a basis.

Yeah, I take it back. It's not that subjective if performed with enough of a sample and enough control to define a "puff".

Anyone want to fund that study? :)

Blue Skies

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
So Cali
Ask the wise old owl, he'll know...

One, aaan Two [CRUNCH!]

Now we'll never know!

I can't imagine a question more subjective without delving into religion.

LOL! Yeah, I don't know if there is an actual answer to this question that everyone will agree on...I'm honestly just curious, but why do you ask?

cruisedoc

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
Ocean Isle Beach, NC
Well, it's highly individual, but I'll offer this. 2 ml. per day seems to be average which equals about 2 packs of cigs. I find it takes 10-12 puffs or so to equal a cig. So, 40 cigs in 2 packs would roughly equal 400 puffs a day. Since there are 20 drops in a ml., one drop roughly equals one cig. Heavy vapors (droppers) will go through a drop in maybe 4-5 puffs. People using say 5 volts will go through more. I think 400 is a good estimate, but I also think most people vape more than they puffed on cigs. This is partly due to the fact that there is some nic loss in the vaping process...so, 20 mg. in a ml. really does not equal the 20 mg. you get in 20 full flavor cigs. 2 ml. in reality is probably closer to 2 packs of ultra lights......so that would be light vaping. Heavy vaping would be 3 ml. or more a day.....IMHO. Dr. G.

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
2 ml. per day seems to be average which equals about 2 packs of cigs.

At 0mg or 100mg or something in between?

I find it takes 10-12 puffs or so to equal a cig.

Given the uptake is 50% or less a regular cigarette, and 15-17 draws on a VS-120 was my normal, ... ?

And wouldn't this be entirely dependent upon your draw length, strength, volume, and concentration? As well as your body's uptake and requirement for "satisfaction"?

Pugzley

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2009
USA
I think the best way to ask this is not really how many puffs, but how many cartomizers or how many mls of juice per day, depending on the mg. of the juice being puffed. I use about 3mls of juice per day when dripping on a 6v mod and that is vaping practically nonstop from morning until night. I used 18 to 24 mg juice.

When using the cartomizers, I'm more conservative and try not to vape quite so much. But I can go through... 2 a day if being conservative and that is 18mg cartos. But then, I'm dripping in between with the mod.

So, if you say a puff every 60 seconds... 16 hours of waking time...

16 hours x 60 min. = 960 minutes times 1 if you took a puff each minute. 960 puffs a day, no allowance for not vaping because you didn't want to do it (as if), showers, meals, fingers on the keyboard, work, etc. So half of that would be approximately 480 puffs a day. I consider this to be heavy vaping, though no idea of how many packs of cigs this could equal.

OK, no wonder my batteries are always on charge. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread